Trim Rite Edger model 733

Cfs

Threads
I was 'gifted' an old edger. Made by a company called Trim Rite from Weatherford TX. It is a 1993 model 3.5 HP. I have it running but would like to install a new blade. I am trying to verify the lengthof the blade as well as the diameter of the hole in the blade. The diameter of the shaft where the blade would mount is 3/8ths. of an inch. It looks like there is room for a 10 inch blade. I thought I saw a reference to a 10x 2 with a half inch center hole. As being the right size of blade so I don't know if I.am missing some kind of a sleeve or bushing/ mounting washers to make a 1/2 inch hole blade fit a 3/8ths shaft and stay in place and not slip. Does anyone have any info on this edger?

Thanks
CF
'

MichaelO

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same issue with a TrimRite 543. There is supposed to be a shoulder washer that fits on the 3/8 inch shaft with the shoulder providing the 1/2 inch to support the blade. On my current shoulder washer, over half of the shoulder has been worn away and so will no longer properly hold the blade in place. I checked at a lawn equipment repair shop looking for one that would work but it seems there is no way to get a new shoulder washer of the correct dimensions anymore. It seems to be a part specific to this family of Trim Rite edgers. I've searched the internet for a sholder washer or bushing of the right dimensions with no luck. I'm curious if anyone else has been able to find a substitute part.

Cfs

Threads
I am having the same issue with a TrimRite 543. There is supposed to be a shoulder washer that fits on the 3/8 inch shaft with the shoulder providing the 1/2 inch to support the blade. On my current shoulder washer, over half of the shoulder has been worn away and so will no longer properly hold the blade in place. I checked at a lawn equipment repair shop looking for one that would work but it seems there is no way to get a new shoulder washer of the correct dimensions anymore. It seems to be a part specific to this family of Trim Rite edgers. I've searched the internet for a sholder washer or bushing of the right dimensions with no luck. I'm curious if anyone else has been able to find a substitute part.
Still unrepaired and I am still pondering what to do with this unit. If I had a lathe I might consider turning a washer if so type

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you thought about going to the local hardware store and getting a 1/2” ID washer, plus a 3/8” ID X 1/2” OD bushing? Cutting the bushing to the proper length and then installing the bushing over the shaft and the washer over the bushing.

Cfs

Threads
Thanks fo
Have you thought about going to the local hardware store and getting a 1/2” ID washer, plus a 3/8” ID X 1/2” OD bushing? Cutting the bushing to the proper length and then installing the bushing over the shaft and the washer over the bushing.
Thanks for the idea what I am struggling with is what keeps the blade from spinning bushing? I other words a round shaft with a round bushing over it what makes the shaft grip the bushing that the blade would be attached to?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most edgers have a cupped or bellevide washer on the outside, which when tightened properly holds the blade tight. The fix I recommended just replaces the shoulder washer.