Export thread

Trim Rite Edger model 733

C

Cfs

I was 'gifted' an old edger. Made by a company called Trim Rite from Weatherford TX. It is a 1993 model 3.5 HP. I have it running but would like to install a new blade. I am trying to verify the lengthof the blade as well as the diameter of the hole in the blade. The diameter of the shaft where the blade would mount is 3/8ths. of an inch. It looks like there is room for a 10 inch blade. I thought I saw a reference to a 10x 2 with a half inch center hole. As being the right size of blade so I don't know if I.am missing some kind of a sleeve or bushing/ mounting washers to make a 1/2 inch hole blade fit a 3/8ths shaft and stay in place and not slip. Does anyone have any info on this edger?

Thanks
CF
'

S

slomo

They are out of business now.

M

MichaelO

I am having the same issue with a TrimRite 543. There is supposed to be a shoulder washer that fits on the 3/8 inch shaft with the shoulder providing the 1/2 inch to support the blade. On my current shoulder washer, over half of the shoulder has been worn away and so will no longer properly hold the blade in place. I checked at a lawn equipment repair shop looking for one that would work but it seems there is no way to get a new shoulder washer of the correct dimensions anymore. It seems to be a part specific to this family of Trim Rite edgers. I've searched the internet for a sholder washer or bushing of the right dimensions with no luck. I'm curious if anyone else has been able to find a substitute part.

C

Cfs

I am having the same issue with a TrimRite 543. There is supposed to be a shoulder washer that fits on the 3/8 inch shaft with the shoulder providing the 1/2 inch to support the blade. On my current shoulder washer, over half of the shoulder has been worn away and so will no longer properly hold the blade in place. I checked at a lawn equipment repair shop looking for one that would work but it seems there is no way to get a new shoulder washer of the correct dimensions anymore. It seems to be a part specific to this family of Trim Rite edgers. I've searched the internet for a sholder washer or bushing of the right dimensions with no luck. I'm curious if anyone else has been able to find a substitute part.
Still unrepaired and I am still pondering what to do with this unit. If I had a lathe I might consider turning a washer if so type

R

Rivets

Have you thought about going to the local hardware store and getting a 1/2” ID washer, plus a 3/8” ID X 1/2” OD bushing? Cutting the bushing to the proper length and then installing the bushing over the shaft and the washer over the bushing.

C

Cfs

Thanks fo
Have you thought about going to the local hardware store and getting a 1/2” ID washer, plus a 3/8” ID X 1/2” OD bushing? Cutting the bushing to the proper length and then installing the bushing over the shaft and the washer over the bushing.
Thanks for the idea what I am struggling with is what keeps the blade from spinning bushing? I other words a round shaft with a round bushing over it what makes the shaft grip the bushing that the blade would be attached to?

R

Rivets

Most edgers have a cupped or bellevide washer on the outside, which when tightened properly holds the blade tight. The fix I recommended just replaces the shoulder washer.