transportation

zmister11

Threads
I agree. Its hard at first but I currently have 2 and a quarter trucks, my hustler 52" Exmark 46" as back up a Toro 22" i bought new and an old Bobcat 36" walk behind stuck in 3rd gear and no adjustment for height but cuts at 3.5" and an emergency back up i picked up for 200. Cuts through any and everything!! lol! 14hp power.. and great exercise as you kind of have to jog behind it!
weedeaters, 2 hedge trimmers 2 blowers and a stihl edger as well as a stihl kd tool with just about every attachment

That's good. As soon as I can afford it I wanna get atleast 2 of everything as well. That's gotta be nice to not have to depend on one tool

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
it is, but as you said, it is also more cost. kind of seems when one goes down, no matter what it is truck, mower, hand tool, the others soon follow and money is going out. I have learned a lot about small engine repair and up keep on my equipment as well as patience to do the job as I could not afford to do this if i had to constantly bring things in to be fixed

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would love to have a second truck. Lol but I don't have the time money or space for it. I would be much happier borrowing the f250 its so beat up he wouldn't even care what I would do to it. He has offered it to me for cheap a few times

As for equipment I have backup for most and the stuff I don't if I have down time that's when ill buy a backup there is always an echo and stihl dealer less than 5 mins away

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's good. As soon as I can afford it I wanna get atleast 2 of everything as well. That's gotta be nice to not have to depend on one tool

What I tell people starting out with little money is but a couple broke mowers just like the one you are using. Then you will have spare parts cheap.
When it comes to hand held. Like trimmers buy one good one and one cheap one as the back up.

When I first started out many many years ago my truck blew the rear end I pulled my trailer with a 1974 nova for a month.

The truck is long gone but still have the nova.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
He means grab a couple parts mowers. Your mower is fine I'm sure keep an eye out for a broken parts mower.

Nwatson99

Threads
Rent a truck, if you have a valid OL, insurance, and credit card you can rent a truck.

zmister11

Threads
Rent a truck, if you have a valid OL, insurance, and credit card you can rent a truck.

I don't have a credit card. My bank won't give me one. So I can't even build my credit. Because last year I worked for a lawn company and he paid me under the table. So too the bank it looked like I wasn't making money last year