transportation

zmister11

Threads
For the people who cut lawns for a living, what do yall do when your truck breaks down and can't be fixed for a week or so? Have a spare truck? Use a buddys? Rent one? Idk if u haul will let anyone do that for lawn care

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would use my father in laws 1989 Ford f250 beat to hell but would would wonders. Or I would rent a truck u-haul truck for 5 days not bad..

zmister11

Threads
I would use my father in laws 1989 Ford f250 beat to hell but would would wonders. Or I would rent a truck u-haul truck for 5 days not bad..

Yeah Idk if they will let me rent one being 20 years old

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This falls under the rule of have two or more of everything.

For what you would spend to rent a truck for two weeks you can buy a old truck for a grand to have as a back up.

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
my parents had a moving and furniture business, always had at least 2 trucks.
I started with a 2000 Chevy 1500 and used my fathers Ford Diesal van as backup,
in 2007, ended up buying a Ford F350 Dually at an auction for 5G in 2008 as my back up truck.

had a lady run a stop sign and total my chevy.. andthe 350 ATE profits in fuel.
Traded a customer a year service for a 99 Ford 150 with 325,000 miles lol!! it lasted me
3 years, currently sitting in my driveway in need of a fuel pump.

Currently havea 2013 chevy Silvrdado as primary, that I hate using as it is a nice truck..
and I bought my son a 2003 GMC Sonoma as his truck and my back up. Sold the 350 and
planning on fixing F150 this fall and beat that thing until it falls apart!!

zmister11

Threads
my parents had a moving and furniture business, always had at least 2 trucks.
I started with a 2000 Chevy 1500 and used my fathers Ford Diesal van as backup,
in 2007, ended up buying a Ford F350 Dually at an auction for 5G in 2008 as my back up truck.

had a lady run a stop sign and total my chevy.. andthe 350 ATE profits in fuel.
Traded a customer a year service for a 99 Ford 150 with 325,000 miles lol!! it lasted me
3 years, currently sitting in my driveway in need of a fuel pump.

Currently havea 2013 chevy Silvrdado as primary, that I hate using as it is a nice truck..
and I bought my son a 2003 GMC Sonoma as his truck and my back up. Sold the 350 and
planning on fixing F150 this fall and beat that thing until it falls apart!!

Dang well that's nice lol

zmister11

Threads

For what you would spend to rent a truck for two weeks you can buy a old truck for a grand to have as a back up.

I wish I could afford 2 trucks but if I had a backup truck I would most the time have it sitting and still have to have insurance on it

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wish I could afford 2 trucks but if I had a backup truck I would most the time have it sitting and still have to have insurance on it

But can you afford not to have a truck for a week or longer?

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads

I agree. Its hard at first but I currently have 2 and a quarter trucks, my hustler 52" Exmark 46" as back up a Toro 22" i bought new and an old Bobcat 36" walk behind stuck in 3rd gear and no adjustment for height but cuts at 3.5" and an emergency back up i picked up for 200. Cuts through any and everything!! lol! 14hp power.. and great exercise as you kind of have to jog behind it!
weedeaters, 2 hedge trimmers 2 blowers and a stihl edger as well as a stihl kd tool with just about every attachment