Tractor vs. Zero Turn for small mowing business

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
How good are they for snow removal, snow blade or snow blower?

I know with my snapper I can take the deck off and put many attachments on it. Like a snow blower

It's kinda set up like a David Bradley tractor.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
never tried to use a walk behind mower for plowing. I'd suggest if you want to plow snow buy one for your truck don't use your mowers they aren't built for it and you can't make $ taking an hour to plow a driveway for $20.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
you guys should look into getting a walk behind. if you're primarily doing residential it'd be perfect. as far as, size/brand buy what your wallet can handle

I have a Scag walk behind, it is awesome! It's perfect for residential.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
never tried to use a walk behind mower for plowing. I'd suggest if you want to plow snow buy one for your truck don't use your mowers they aren't built for it and you can't make $ taking an hour to plow a driveway for $20.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you can't make $ taking an hour to plow a driveway for $20 nor can you spending between 40min to 1 hour to mow, trim, edge, and blow a yard especially with two people.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
we run walk behinds as much if not more then the ztr's. they're efficient, low maintenance, fast and great tools especially in the average sized half acre including the house driveway etc subdivision lawns. I didn't start running ztr's until we started getting bigger lawns. I've never plowed with my mowers and never will. its a waste of time IMO I've a snow dog vxf85 I don't like doing driveways but if we have our parking lots clear we'll go do them. it takes me 3 minutes to back drag push away from their entrance and my passenger will shovel the sidewalk and collect the cash usually $25-30. never forget they called you because they need your help getting out.