toro z5000 transmission

tractornut3

Forum Newbie
Threads
When the mower gets hot the right side will not pull,butwhen it cools off it works fine.How can i fix it without replaceing it.

chance123

Threads
That is a sign that the hydraulic pump or motor is in the beginning stages of failure. Wear increases the clearances allowing the fluid to bypass the normal passages. When cold, the hydro oil is a little higher in viscosity and the mechanics are tight. As things build up to operating temp, the mechanics expand revealing the wear in the system.

tractornut3

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a sign that the hydraulic pump or motor is in the beginning stages of failure. Wear increases the clearances allowing the fluid to bypass the normal passages. When cold, the hydro oil is a little higher in viscosity and the mechanics are tight. As things build up to operating temp, the mechanics expand revealing the wear in the system.

Can you rebuild,if so where can i git the kit.

chance123

Threads
Can you rebuild,if so where can i git the kit.

I have never even attempted to rebuild a timecutter's Xmisson. I have taken one apart, but couldn't see what went bad and why it didn't have full operation when hot. Are you sure the small release/bypass levers on each side are in the closed position? If they are not locked in place, the oil could be bypassing.

tractornut3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have never even attempted to rebuild a timecutter's Xmisson. I have taken one apart, but couldn't see what went bad and why it didn't have full operation when hot. Are you sure the small release/bypass levers on each side are in the closed position? If they are not locked in place, the oil could be bypassing.

Did not rebuild,but took off and dumped fluid out and it looked like gray sludge,put about a hafe pint of kerosen in it washed it out,then i put almost two qt 20/50 motor oil in it reinstaled and mowed two yards,took little over 1-1/2 hours.The mower was still pulling good when i pulled it in the shop, hope it last.Maybe i will drop other side and change change oil in it too cant hurt if if it was like right side.