Toro 20065 that only starts when I use carb cleaner.

juntjoo

Threads
And it's barely doing that now. But once started goes good. That little red rubber bulb to suck up fuel doesn't work so I don't know if that's the function I'm replacing with the car cleaner. I wluod doubt it as it's now getting very difficult to start it even this way particularly when it's warm it seems like after it's been running.

If you think indeed I need that primer piece then is there a cheap way to get one on it's own anyone know of? Or maybe I should try some sort of gasket fixing goop I think I have somewhere. What ya'll think?

Otherwise what should I check? Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes that is the function of it, to push some gas in carb for starting only.

Remove air filter, place your hand over carb opening, try to start, the second it begins starting remove hand.. If it then runs good, Yes the primer bulb "Sounds" like it needs replaced. you can look on Partstree.com, but you will need model # & serial # too.

Do NOT mow or anything without any air filter. This is test only..

juntjoo

Threads
Yes that is the function of it, to push some gas in carb for starting only.

Remove air filter, place your hand over carb opening, try to start, the second it begins starting remove hand.. If it then runs good, Yes the primer bulb "Sounds" like it needs replaced. you can look on Partstree.com, but you will need model # & serial # too.

Do NOT mow or anything without any air filter. This is test only..
Lol my arms aren't that long. You think this is electric start? Maybe stuff some cotton on there or something?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Duh, have someone help you & don't put anything on the carb, it will get sucked in then rope is pulled.

juntjoo

Threads
Duh, have someone help you & don't put anything on the carb, it will get sucked in then rope is pulled.
Everyone acts like everyone has friends lol. I've got three cats. I'll figure something out

Lawn Addict
Threads
3 cats here as well.........

juntjoo

Threads
3 cats here as well.........
They're great little buddies who take care of themselves, hunt the local rodents lowering their grocery bill but sure no help around the house or in the yard

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ours are inside only cats.. So scooping the litter box is biggest thing, which isn't big deal at all.
Our oldest is 14, & the other 2 are brothers @ age 3.. All rescue animals, that's only way we roll.

juntjoo

Threads
Ours are inside only cats.. So scooping the litter box is biggest thing, which isn't big deal at all.
Our oldest is 14, & the other 2 are brothers @ age 3.. All rescue animals, that's only way we roll.
Nice

juntjoo

Threads
Okay, never changed out the primer bulb as it kept working, with carb cleaner spray as usual, but now, starting yesterday after almost finishing mowing the lawn it won't stay started. I gets going for about 2 seconds then dies.

So what's this mean? Means I have spark but is the fuel just not keeping up? How do you check for that? I did take the carb out and stuck a wire wherever I could, which was only really in the main jet from under the float bowl and then under the valve in there under the plug whatever it's called but doesn't go anywhere.

What do I check from here?

The spark plug looks the same as usual, just kinda dry.