Timemaster blades!

Mike88se

Threads
I owned a Timemaster for almost a year. I tried the Turfmaster blades and didn't really notice much difference. I read a lot of bad things about the mower after I bought it but I can't really say anything bad about it. I used it for light commercial work. It was very reliable. Left a lot of big clippings most of the time though.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I owned a Timemaster for almost a year. I tried the Turfmaster blades and didn't really notice much difference. I read a lot of bad things about the mower after I bought it but I can't really say anything bad about it. I used it for light commercial work. It was very reliable. Left a lot of big clippings most of the time though.

Were you mulching bagging or discharging? I am going to get one in the spring I would like to minimize the amount I bag my customers lawns. I have never side discharged so I will have to learn. I will not stand to see any clipping left on lawns looks terrible and unprofessional. So I know there is an art to discharging but hopefully I can just mulch

Mike88se

Threads
I tried all three. It leaves a good cut and it's easy to maneuver but maybe needs a bit more power or something IMO. Bagging is what it does best. Under good to ideal conditions eg dry grass cut at least every week, mulching and discharge worked pretty good.
I have to make it clear that I just cut a few yards as part of a handyman type operation... I'm not an expert on mowers or lawn care by any means.
Good luck with it. It's good for what it is but I'm not sure it's worth the price you pay for a new one. I sold mine for $600 and it was in great shape and the new owner loves it.
Were you mulching bagging or discharging? I am going to get one in the spring I would like to minimize the amount I bag my customers lawns. I have never side discharged so I will have to learn. I will not stand to see any clipping left on lawns looks terrible and unprofessional. So I know there is an art to discharging but hopefully I can just mulch

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

All I do is discharge with mulching blades if they wanted me to bag I would double my price. Never thought of it as a art

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
All I do is discharge with mulching blades if they wanted me to bag I would double my price. Never thought of it as a art

I'm just not sure how it will work because I don't wanna see any clippings

Threads
Well yes I have both however they are not 30" which can have time savings that I want

Yeah I know what you mean. But at the beginning of last year's mowing season (2012) I went on a mower shopping spree, trying to find a mower that would save me time and cut great...I ended up with another 21" (but more expensive :laughing:) Honda. :rolleyes:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Like Carscw All I do is discharge with mulching blades on the ZTR's What you call an art is basically called double cutting if you leave clippings. Most of the time if you can keep a regular schedule you should have a problem with clippings, it's when you get behind because its rained for a week you end up with problems with clippings. If I'm using the 30" I also use it with the side discharge closed, in fact I don't think I've ever used the discharge on my 30" but like LMF said the smaller mowers tend to do a better job not leaving clippings

LoCo86

Threads
Well yes I have both however they are not 30" which can have time savings that I want

I know it looks good on paper, but I don't think that the time savings is really there. I think you should try a 36" walk behind