The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

He is a fantastic little boy. I enjoy him so much. I could not see myself without him. But he does remind me every day that I am getting older and can not keep up with him for the long periods I used to with my other kids. One is 28 and the other is 31. We also adopted another kid when he was 16 because on the horrible way his uncle was treating him. Let's go over this again. I have a 2 years old, a 28-year-old and 2 31-year-olds. I also have a 7-year-old grandson that spends almost as much time with me as my adopted son. As I said I could not every see myself without any of them.

The reason I ended up adopting the newest one is that my brother in law is a worthless piece of dung. At 52 years old he can still not bother himself to become a member of society. He has been this way his entire adult life. I really expect nothing less from him. I just wish he would not have involved a little helpless child in his stupidity. Drug use is his claim to fame as he calls it. Well enough of that peice.

I love Walker mowers but I have a rule in my life and business. Cash only. I do not have that much cash right now. Plus one big issue with Walker mowers is the biggest deck they carry with the bagging system is the 48" and that will just slow me down and cost me money on every mow. I do not like losing money.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

He is a fantastic little boy. I enjoy him so much. I could not see myself without him. But he does remind me every day that I am getting older and can not keep up with him for the long periods I used to with my other kids. One is 28 and the other is 31. We also adopted another kid when he was 16 because on the horrible way his uncle was treating him. Let's go over this again. I have a 2 years old, a 28-year-old and 2 31-year-olds. I also have a 7-year-old grandson that spends almost as much time with me as my adopted son. As I said I could not every see myself without any of them.

The reason I ended up adopting the newest one is that my brother in law is a worthless piece of dung. At 52 years old he can still not bother himself to become a member of society. He has been this way his entire adult life. I really expect nothing less from him. I just wish he would not have involved a little helpless child in his stupidity. Drug use is his claim to fame as he calls it. Well enough of that peice.

I love Walker mowers but I have a rule in my life and business. Cash only. I do not have that much cash right now. Plus one big issue with Walker mowers is the biggest deck they carry with the bagging system is the 48" and that will just slow me down and cost me money on every mow. I do not like losing money.

Well Chuck , ...I see when it comes to the kids in your life, you're like God... you LOVE em ALL !! ..N that's a GOOD thing !....:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nah it's just that I can't believe comparin this thread to your JD thread
the difference in the response, our "gang" makes all the difference !! Did YOU ...ever expect all this when you made your first post about the Yard-Man and the carb. ??? .........:cool:..:thumbsup:

View attachment 32697

Boo,

LOL!!! I do have to admit that I certainly never thought anything like this would happen when I posted my first question on here! You and I sort of just hit-it-off right away and then we got to meet down in Sunny Florida and hang out together a few times, that was fun, what with boating, flea-marketing, and grabbing a few meals in between... Good times... our two 'other-halves' seemed to get along as well.. Like I said, we had a good time.

I haven't heard much from Tom as of late.. I PM'ed him a while back and it sounded like his road trip was still on, but that weather had become a factor.. We've had a fairly horrible Spring, certainly not what you'd call good "riding" weather at all! I do hope he makes it up here, I'm looking forward to meeting him.. (He 'seems' like a much nicer guy than either you OR me!!)

We were out hauling traps at 0530 today, but it was a good day with ten 'keepers' in the bucket and we couldn't find two of our trap buoys.. The tidal currents here are pretty stiff and as high tide was about 0430, it had already started running out by the time we got to the last few traps and the currents were pulling the buoys under so we could see them. We'll go again tomorrow at the same time and high tide won't be until around 0515 or so. We should be able to locate all the buoys then.

It started raining again when we were about half done, but it's rained so much this Spring we've become like ducks and it just rolls off us... (And our feet are becoming webbed!!)

You're right though, this is a GREAT forum with GREAT guys and it gives us old farts something to do in between motorcycle runs, haulin' traps, rebuildin' carbs... and - OH! - - chasin' women too - - of course!! (I can't catch 'em if they'er much younger than about the mid-60's though.. I gotta get these damn knees fixed..)

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Chuck,

Just reading that made me realize what a good guy you are.. I don't want to get all sloppy (like Boo-Boo) but the world needs good guys, and I expect you're one of them.. Good on ya...

Yeah, Walkers are expen$ive but they run forever and evidently are fairly easy to maintain. A 48" works well here in Maine because we don't have much in the way of level, flat ground. A wider mowing system would just get hung up on the rocks, trees, and hills.

Family: I have two kids, my daughter just turned 48 and my son is 51! Between my other half and I, we have five grand daughters, no grandsons... I vacillate between loving 'em all and wantin' to shoot half of 'em... but I'm just a cranky old man.. I get along with them better as they age.. I once asked the oldest granddaughter how 'we' were doing, she replied, "I'm not scared of you anymore".. That sort of set me back on my heels! I couldn't imagine why on earth she would ever have been scared of me! But then she was very timid as a youngster... We get along great now... Kids, you never know what sort of an impression you're making on them. Parents let their kids get away with anything now-a-days, I never have and never will.. And they all know it. But then Becky and I can go anywhere with them and know they will behave, ever the middle "horror" child..

Good luck with your nephew, I'm certain he will benefit from your guidance..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Lawn World Forums...

Now here's an odd statistic.

Right at this moment there are 2,224 guests viewing this site. There are an additional 57 members doing the same. However, if you add up all the people actually looking at the various forums you end up with 346 of them missing! What do you suppose 'they' are doing? Do they just have the site 'open' and aren't really reading something? That means that about 15% of the people 'on here' actually - aren't! They're off somewhere else.. Hell of a note!!

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: The Lawn World Forums...

Now here's an odd statistic.

Right at this moment there are 2,224 guests viewing this site. There are an additional 57 members doing the same. However, if you add up all the people actually looking at the various forums you end up with 346 of them missing! What do you suppose 'they' are doing? Do they just have the site 'open' and aren't really reading something? That means that about 15% of the people 'on here' actually - aren't! They're off somewhere else.. Hell of a note!!

Rog

Wellll Rog it's like this !!
that's the 344 technicians workin behind the scenes sending ALL those response pages , saying "502 BAD GATEWAY"
The other two .. Catherine And Muhammed , ( the site Admin/ Moderators ) are busy reading all the postings our gang is sending
in to the forum and trying to keep the site up N running ,..Bless their pea-pickin lil hearts OH-Yeah !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads

Wellll Rog it's like this !!
that's the 344 technicians workin behind the scenes sending ALL those response pages , saying "502 BAD GATEWAY"
The other two .. Catherine And Muhammed , ( the site Admin/ Moderators ) are busy reading all the postings our gang is sending
in to the forum and trying to keep the site up N running ,..Bless their pea-pickin lil hearts OH-Yeah !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

I doubt Muhammed would hire 344 technicians to prevent people from visiting his forum.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

:laughing::laughing:

I doubt Muhammed would hire 344 technicians to prevent people from visiting his forum.

Well of course he would ...!! YOU sit down and TRY to read each & every one of posts on this site , you just have to go to
the "necessary-room" sometime , don't want Muhammed or Catherine wettin their undies would we ..?? Ya have to find a way to stop all the input to the site somehow !! Hence : "502 BAD GATEWAY" Well THAT'S my story N I'm stickin to it ...!!! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
BELTS!! Kevlar and Otherwise......

The Troy-Bilt tiller I recently repowered and was so proud of, ran great for about half an hour and then devoured it's front (towards the engine) belt!! Kevlar and all!! The rear belt (towards the tiller end) seems fine. Evidently the forward belt was slipping and the rear belt was not.. I cannot figure out how that could happen unless the two belts weren't the same diameter, (and I know they were!)

Then there are a few more clues:

1.) When I got this tiller, it had no forward belt on it, just the rear one, which was a Troy-Bilt P/N GW-9245.

2.) When I first put it back together, I installed the two aftermarket belts that came on the older tiller I had. The front belt parted in less than five minutes of operation. I assumed that was because it was old.. Maybe I was wrong?!?!

I know Bert is going to come on here and ask me if I wire-brushed the pulleys, making sure they were clean. Yes I did...

When I installed the new Predator engine, I put the same number of shims behind the engine pulley as were on with the original Kohler engine. Obviously the engine pulleys must line up properly with the pulleys on the tiller drive. I did not use a straight edge to check the alignment, but 'visually' the alignment 'looked' good.

As the engine mount is held in place by two 1" dia. pins that hold it securely to the front of the tiller, I do not see any way that the vertical alignment could make the forward belt loose and the rear belt tight. The two sets of pulleys might not align directly one above the other, (which I will check) but the distance apart has to remain the same, (I think!)

I have a laser level which came with a lens that will produce a very fine straight line. I think if I level the tiller and the laser and adjust the laser-line vertically, I can use it to determine whether the faces of the two pulleys are in alignment or not. It would be very difficult to get a straight edge inside that housing.

I did notice that the tiller with the Tecumseh engine had more shims behind the pulley than the Kohler had.

I'm going to post this on the Troy-Bilt forum and see what sort of response I get there.. I KNOW you guys will have all sorts of ideas for me to consider.. (And believe me, I NEED 'em!!)

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

UT-OH Sorry Goomba,
The ONLY tiller I know about, .. was on the back of some boat ...Lonnnnng , Lonnnng ago !! ..:confused2: