The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Motorcycles

Boo,

All I want to know is, who is the chick on Restless?

Rog

Damn Rog ..... that was about 1962 or 63 ... If memory serves me right ...HA ! her name was Kathy Christie
Nope .... we never swapped spit or ...???? She was just a "girl that lived next door" type . She liked my Ducati
BUT her father hated it .... and sometimes me too !! Believe it or not ...at that point in my life ... I was MORE
interested in FAST Muscle cars and Cycles than the 2 legged lumpy critters ... REALLY !!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Hey Guys .......

Ya remember THAT guy with the mower problems...???

I think I found the cause ....NOT IN HERE.JPG

YEP I'm sure of it now !! ...( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Motorcycles

Damn Rog ..... Believe it or not ...at that point in my life ... I was MORE
interested in FAST Muscle cars and Cycles than the 2 legged lumpy critters ... REALLY !!

Boo,

That is too sad to even comment on...

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kathy Christi

Boo,

I mean look at this photo, REALLY look at it! You can't tell me that doesn't look like an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland and I'm NOT talking about 'Restless' either!!

Rog

Attachments

• Ted's Ducatti.jpg
    Ted's Ducatti.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 4

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Kathy Christi

Boo,

I mean look at this photo, REALLY look at it! You can't tell me that doesn't look like an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland and I'm NOT talking about 'Restless' either!!

Rog

I had 2 sisters ... LOADS of girls at the house ALWAYS ... I never had a "dating-problem" fact is I was dating 6 different "sweeties" at 1 time.... ( a not 2 desirable situation ) ANYWAY ... I overheard many conversations
thru the walls of our house... If ya wanna-B a Don-Juan or a Cassanova ..NEVER -NEVER - EVER....
Kiss & TELL !!! Back then.... IF ya wanted to keep a "sharpened-pencil" you went by the ol sayin
" what happened in the back-seat of Billy's car at the Drive-In ..STAYS in the back-seat " ... ( LOL )
And ... back then ALL the "sweeties" were trim & slim & really KNOCK-OUT gorgeous ... Today's ...???
well take a look at all the kids in school these days... ALL are "PORKERS" ...don't think so..?? Go get any
school yearbook from the "60"s era .... NOW how many "porkers" do ya see ..?? Point Blank !!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

back then ALL the "sweeties" were trim & slim & really KNOCK-OUT gorgeous ... Today's ...???
/QUOTE]

Boo,

I agree with you about that! And I will say that it especially applied to Florida girls! When I first hit the Keys I was amazed that almost very single girl I met was a knock-out! They really knew how to take care of themselves and how to always look good. man I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! I didn't even want to go back to Maine! Hell, back in those days (early 60's) you had to be married to a Maine girl for at least two years before she'd go to bed with you! (Well, maybe you'd luck out on a really cold night, but she was liable to slip a blanket in between the two of you!! No, I loved the Keys and those sweet Southern girls.. Here's a picture of my first "True Love"..

Rog

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 6

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

back then ALL the "sweeties" were trim & slim & really KNOCK-OUT gorgeous ... Today's ...???
/QUOTE]

Boo,

I agree with you about that! And I will say that it especially applied to Florida girls! When I first hit the Keys I was amazed that almost very single girl I met was a knock-out! They really knew how to take care of themselves and how to always look good. man I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! I didn't even want to go back to Maine! Hell, back in those days (early 60's) you had to be married to a Maine girl for at least two years before she'd go to bed with you! (Well, maybe you'd luck out on a really cold night, but she was liable to slip a blanket in between the two of you!! No, I loved the Keys and those sweet Southern girls.. Here's a picture of my first "True Love"..

Rog

Thats what I'm talkin bout !! I might have a few pics hidden away somewhere in a secret spot... my 1st wife
OOHhhhooooo JEALOUS #@&@# threw ALL my Really "good" pics of my former sweeties in a fire-pit... my sweetie NOW ..Linda.. NO-PROBLEM ...But then she was married before too and we are beyond that SCHITT !!
Lotsa times later,... I kick myself in the "set-down " for opting to go "street-racing" with the guys more times than getting my pencil sharpened when a sweetie "threw herself" at me .. racing N building Muscle-Cars was my deepest Passion at the time... I wanted a MOPAR 426 2nd Gen. HEMI powered road rocket !!! HOWEVER ...Uncle Sam, had a desire for my developing mechanical skills and he was pretty adamant about it too!!
"60" to "70" were the years of the DETROIT Big Irons N I was LUUUVVVIN it !! ...:cool: ..:cool2:.. :banana: ..:licking: ..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Now be a little fair in that description of "porkers" it cuts both ways.
We had 2 kinds in the 300 in my high school that were too fat to run the oval.
Thirty years latter, around 1/2 the boys were too fat to run the same oval and a good few had "medical issuses" to allow them an exemption from PE.
Modern girls get tossed on "the pill" from their very first menstruation which on many girls is way down to 10 or 11.
This causes them to put on weight if they so much as look at food.
Then we have the helicopter parents combined with the nanny state topped off with high density housing.
So the kids get driven where we used to walk , schools remove push bike racks & ban the kids from riding to school because it is too dangerous and there are no backyards to play in.

Now the big thing is WE, yes YOU & ME created this.
We voted in governments with these types of programes, we invested in property developements and sued everyone for anything that in reality was a normal part of growing up, like falling off a swing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Now be a little fair in that description of "porkers" it cuts both ways.
We had 2 kinds in the 300 in my high school that were too fat to run the oval.
Thirty years latter, around 1/2 the boys were too fat to run the same oval and a good few had "medical issuses" to allow them an exemption from PE.
Modern girls get tossed on "the pill" from their very first menstruation which on many girls is way down to 10 or 11.
This causes them to put on weight if they so much as look at food.
Then we have the helicopter parents combined with the nanny state topped off with high density housing.
So the kids get driven where we used to walk , schools remove push bike racks & ban the kids from riding to school because it is too dangerous and there are no backyards to play in.

Now the big thing is WE, yes YOU & ME created this.
We voted in governments with these types of programes, we invested in property developements and sued everyone for anything that in reality was a normal part of growing up, like falling off a swing.

Well Tre... I did'nt raise MY kid that way ( he's 48 ) BUT his kids are a different story.. I fully agree about today's generation ( here in the U.S.A. ) this "Millenial" generation ...I better not go there because it gets into politics...
but I'm 70 now & maybe I won't be around to see what I truly believe is the generation that will defile everything
MY generation and those BEFORE me tried .. and keep trying to preserve ... AND ya don't become a "porker" by OSMOSIS ... true the kids today don't get near the physical activity we did ..BUT they STILL have a CHOICE !!
If you're going to eat like a "porker" ...you're gonna look like a "porker" Granted there are folks with ailments and diverse metabolisms ..but it's NOT the overwhelming majority ! .. It seems all I hear these days (within a group) is ..where should we go for breakfast, ...lunch,...dinner ... it's always centered on food... :rolleyes:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Social Changes

Trev,

I gotta go with Boo-Boo on this one.. Sure the social situation today is certainly different that it was when all us old farts grew up, but individuals still need to have responsibility over themselves.. And the fact that they don't is a social change, not anything forced on us by the government. Policies may well exacerbate the "porker problem" (as Boo calls it) but you can either go with the flow or you can be your own person and do what you feel is best for you.

Everybody used to blame MacDonalds, but nobody is holding a gun to your head to go eat crap...

Hey! How about some motorcycle photos?? You gotta have some good ones.. (or ex-girlfriend shots, those are always nice to look at..)

Rog