The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

HOT DAMN ...... BERT
You just gave a near perfect description of Americas "sports" I wish ALL of today's kid's could see the movie .."Sandlot" reminds me of the great days when "sports-players" were REAL hero's as you described, back when parents left us kids to ourselves, to finance a new ball or two by collecting soda bottles for deposit ! Usually the "expensive" ( necessities) like a glove, mitt, bat, were Birthday or Christmas gifts, to be cherished as much as your pet dog !

AHHhh YEP ..... lets show the Jones's we're better than they are, go get the kid a $500.00 complete set-up N don't forget a NEW $700.00 I-phone so he/she can call if they get bullied, or God forbid, a scraped knee or even a cut requiring cuddling, and a Band-Aid ! Oh honey, I just saved $150.00 on my new outfit that was originally $900.00 , it has the kid's team Logo's with Highly detailed emblems, of his "number & name" and it was made in Napal !

But, after a season of league play, EVERY team member on EVERY team gets a "Participation" award..........no "Winners" (gasp..)
or "Runners up"(oh,NOOOOO) and certainly, no "LOSERS" (ain't no such thing..)

So it doesn't MERIT ANYTHING to succeed.................

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

But, after a season of league play, EVERY team member on EVERY team gets a "Participation" award..........no "Winners" (gasp..)
or "Runners up"(oh,NOOOOO) and certainly, no "LOSERS" (ain't no such thing..)

So it doesn't MERIT ANYTHING to succeed.................

And although I REALLY HATE to say this, but my favorite sort.. NASCAR racing is being "tainted" by BIG Money wheelers & dealers "sports" no longer belong's to the "poor folks" anymore !! hand-me down clothes and well-worn P F Flyers are no longer in vogue ! ..:frown:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

HOT DAMN ...... BERT
You just gave a near perfect description of Americas "sports" I wish ALL of today's kid's could see the movie .."Sandlot" reminds me of the great days when "sports-players" were REAL hero's as you described, back when parents left us kids to ourselves, to finance a new ball or two by collecting soda bottles for deposit ! Usually the "expensive" ( necessities) like a glove, mitt, bat, were Birthday or Christmas gifts, to be cherished as much as your pet dog !

AHHhh YEP ..... lets show the Jones's we're better than they are, go get the kid a $500.00 complete set-up N don't forget a NEW $700.00 I-phone so he/she can call if they get bullied, or God forbid, a scraped knee or even a cut requiring cuddling, and a Band-Aid ! Oh honey, I just saved $150.00 on my new outfit that was originally $900.00 , it has the kid's team Logo's with Highly detailed emblems, of his "number & name" and it was made in Napal !

This is exctly what I was trying to spell out in the unknown Briggs thread.
Yes they will spend that sort of money on a sports kit for the kids but they expect to get a ride on mower that works prefectly for $ 100.
No one arguse the valus of a base ball kit at $ 1000 with some old stars name printed on it but spend $ 200 to fix the mower,,,, that is a rip off.
Then it get to the point that the kids will not go outside unless they have all of that kit with last years hero's name all over it, so you have to buy new stuff each season.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

And although I REALLY HATE to say this, but my favorite sort.. NASCAR racing is being "tainted" by BIG Money wheelers & dealers "sports" no longer belong's to the "poor folks" anymore !! hand-me down clothes and well-worn P F Flyers are no longer in vogue ! ..:frown:

Formula E I say.................some REAL innovation from racing!

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 203,016

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted
sunrise 6.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning everyone.
sunrise 7.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Morning all you wrench-bender's !

..... mechanic.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

And a Good Morning to you sir ! ........... View attachment 35692

Chuck, your taste in picture's is impeccable ! .. :thumbsup:

Soon I will be able to take pictures myself of the beautify sunrises around my own house. I love the mornings. A new beginning.