The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: ROOFS

Tom,

I agree with Boo, that roof of yours sounds like something covering an estate, not a house.. You're going to be real disappointed if you get out here and see the little ranch-style shack we live in! To make matters worse (roof wise that is) about five years ago, we had a 75-foot spruce tree come down in a bad storm that landed on the roof and put five holes through it, the worst one was a limb that came down through the attic and right through the ceiling into the dining area. I was up on the roof in a howling wind and driving rain until 1:30 AM that morning cutting that damn tree up and getting it off the house. When we had the roof repaired, the architectural shingles we'd recently had installed, no longer looked exactly the same, so 1/4 of the roof on that side now looks different.. Real handsome! - - Not!!

Boo - I want you to know that since you've been sending sunshine, we have broken through the 45 degree barrier several times.. It's very pleasant...

I finally got all the Florida crud scrubbed off my boat cover! I soaked it in the bathtub for two days using Oxiclean.. That worked fairly well except for the mildew, so I squirted a bottle of Attwood Mildew Stain Remover on it and let that sit for a day. That helped but it still wasn't really clean, so I climbed into the tub and scrubbed each place with a scrub brush and some home made mildew remover, (water/bleach/Resolve) until it all looked as good as new. We dried it out over the porch railing, but the wind blew like crazy yesterday and I had to keep going out and hanging it back up. It's all folded up now (boats in the boat shed) and ready for Texas next winter..

Roger

In England ... Ships have the prefix .... HMS - before the name .. example= HMS BOUNTY

In USA .... Ships have the prefix .... USS - before the name .. example = USS Triton

In Italy .... Ships DON'T have a prefix .... just AMB on the ships sides = ATT'SA MUH BOAT !!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Successful Saturday

Hey! It's been a good day already and it's just a little over half gone!

I got up early and zipped next door to check the neighbors house. I had gone in there on Friday and turned on their heating system so it would be nice and toasty warm when they get back on Monday.. . . . Uh-Oh . . . problem, house still cold. (It was just freezing here this AM). Oh well, I decided to look at it later, as I had to high-tail it to my daughters to complete her sump pump installation. After the 45 minute drive, I plumbed and installed the battery back-up pump - (a 12VDC 1,000 gal/hr bilge pump, hooked to a 12 volt AGM battery that's on a trickle charger) - and headed home. Stopped off at a gun shop and saw a couple old buddies, then stopped in at one of my buddies who was picked for the Maine Moose Hunt last year. A couple other friends and I had gone along as his work party and he'd saved some moose meat for me. He handed me a good sized box full of steaks, etc... so I thanked him and headed home.

I had a quick lunch and went back over to the neighbors.. Unlocked the door and walked in.... Ahhhh.... it feels good!!! . . . It's all warm and working! I have no idea why the heat didn't work for a day and a half, but it's working now. I gave them a call and caught them on the road just coming into Maryland. They were glad to hear the heat was on...

My daughter and her husband are glad the back-up pump is ready in case of a power failure.

And I'm glad to have a box of moose steaks in the freezer...

Oh!! And it's sunny out Boo!! Thanks buddy... Gonna hit 70 today I think... Not bad after a 32 degree start!

Happy Easter Y'all... (Boo taught me to talk like that..)

Zero Bubble,

Roger

NorthBama

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Happy Easter Y'all
send me some of that cool air it hit 89 here yesterday and the pollen is unreal. Roger hope you have everything fixed so you can relax with a cool drink and a moose steak.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Happy Easter Y'all
send me some of that cool air it hit 89 here yesterday and the pollen is unreal. Roger hope you have everything fixed so you can relax with a cool drink and a moose steak.

AHhh yes ... I want to wish EVERYBODY a Happy Easter ... AND a SAFE one !!

Think I'll just relax at the relatives place for dinner tomorrow ... then come home and read a new book I found at
the Ol Folks book sale ... " Antlers in the Tree Tops " by Who Goosed the MOOSE ? If anybody can spare some rain ..
we are in a HIGH FIRE Alert here in Central Florida.. and its HOT, HOT, HOT !!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

HIGH FIRE Alert here in Central Florida.. and its HOT, HOT, HOT !!!

Boo-Boo and No-Ba-Ma,

Com'on up-ta Maine - hot, it's not!! . . . It didn't quite make 70 yesterday, but I saw 66 on the thermometer.. Not bad.. Looks like it at least showered last night, I don't know what today's supposed to bring. We'll be heading down to the other-half's brother's house today to celebrate Easter. It's about an hour South of us, maybe it'll be warmer down that way....

No real plans for projects today, probably won't accomplish much..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Happy Easter Y'all

HEY guys... Ya'll know if Moose meat tastes like chicken ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

NorthBama

Threads

HEY guys... Ya'll know if Moose meat tastes like chicken ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Never tried any moose as a matter of fact never seen a real moose. I have eaten lots of chicken and cackle berries in my life time.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Never tried any moose as a matter of fact never seen a real moose. I have eaten lots of chicken and cackle berries in my life time.

Yep I've eaten lot's of chicken too ..!! Really like BBQ chicken, especially WITHOUT the feathers ...( LOL )
Cackle -berries ..???? sure you don't mean "dingle-berries" ??? ...:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
MOOSE

I've got to tell you guys, that moose is about the best wild game you can ever eat! It is deee-licious!

And the best part is anyone can apply for a permit! Here is all you need to know about hunting moose in Maine: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licenses_permits/lotteries/moose/

I have been fortunate to have been on about 9 different moose hunts since they began back in 1980. I was the Permitee once and the sub-permitee twice and all the rest of the times I have been everything from photographer to lumper.

Moose are the 'mother' of all animals to get out of the woods! We have used everything from come-alongs to 4X4 tractors over the years.

Here's a couple pictures from hunts in 2014 and 2016.

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN0893_333.jpg
    DSCN0893_333.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN1705_659.jpg
    DSCN1705_659.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 7

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MOOSE

I've got to tell you guys, that moose is about the best wild game you can ever eat! It is deee-licious!

And the best part is anyone can apply for a permit! Here is all you need to know about hunting moose in Maine: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licenses_permits/lotteries/moose/

I have been fortunate to have been on about 9 different moose hunts since they began back in 1980. I was the Permitee once and the sub-permitee twice and all the rest of the times I have been everything from photographer to lumper.

Moose are the 'mother' of all animals to get out of the woods! We have used everything from come-alongs to 4X4 tractors over the years.

Here's a couple pictures from hunts in 2014 and 2016.

Roger

NAH, NAH, NAH..... THAT ....looks like heart attack work for this "ol-man" ...... I'd rather have MY heart attack in bed....
than in some God-forsaken wilderness refuge ... me be a woosie now !! ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: