The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Goomba, I think WE need to take this "book-learned worm" out behind the barn, and show him what happens when anybody tries to take away our "atta-boy" gold stars, ... :laughing:..:laughing:
Did you catch where HE, entered the word "is" TWICE , between ( which) & (affecting) ..:dance1:..:cool2:

Boo,

With the typing mistakes I make, I am in no position to rag on anyone.. Now for the last two days I have been unable to use "Edit Post" to make even more corrections after posting and I can't use "Reply" in my email program, so I don't know WTH is going on...

When it comes to airplanes, carburetors, and parts manuals, I bow to you. World-wide political issues, Bert-Man. Motorcycles - our missing mate, Tom. Cajun cuisine, Boux. REAL tractors, Doc. Accounting (or just plain counting) - Chuck. Anything to do with AL - NOBAMA. And I apologize to anyone I've left out, 'cause I've learned stuff from all of you and I appreciate your contributions to this eclectic thread and my edification..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Jus' seein' if y'all was payin' attention................
Have yoiu seen the pic of my barn??

I don't mean to be the grammar police....just some things grate like fingernails across a chalkboard to me...

I also think that, if one is going to make corrections to another's post, they should be correct in their corrections...

Recently my daughter-in-law put a pic on FB which showed her feet on a small rug.
Her step-mom posted "Is that your feet?"
Was all I could do to NOT respond to that one.....though it STILL bugs me.....

Ron,

If her step-mom was referring to the photo as a singular item, ("Is that a photo of your feet?") rather than questioning if the feet in the photo were hers, ("Are those your feet?"), I think with our current bashing of the Queen's English, she might be able to get away with it.. Maybe....

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?

Man! You come up with the pithiest questions!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Answer this one:
If man evolved from apes, then why is Boo still around??

Ahhhh, the pithiest of all! Evolution is always in a state of flux, unfortunately moving at speeds so slow that humans are unable to observe it on their level. However, the obvious answer to you question is: "If man evolved from apes, then why are apes still around?" Some life forms spring ahead of their peers, others aren't that lucky.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

With the typing mistakes I make, I am in no position to rag on anyone.. Now for the last two days I have been unable to use "Edit Post" to make even more corrections after posting and I can't use "Reply" in my email program, so I don't know WTH is going on...

When it comes to airplanes, carburetors, and parts manuals, I bow to you. World-wide political issues, Bert-Man. Motorcycles - our missing mate, Tom. Cajun cuisine, Boux. REAL tractors, Doc. Accounting (or just plain counting) - Chuck. Anything to do with AL - NOBAMA. And I apologize to anyone I've left out, 'cause I've learned stuff from all of you and I appreciate your contributions to this eclectic thread and my edification..

Roger

YEAH, I too have noticed the editing features here sometimes fail, and you can't post pics in a PM ( but I found a way to convert a pic to a URL,) which you CAN use in the PM to link to a pic !
Another thing I found, is that if you're using Win 10, SOMETIMES when it up-dates, it F&^%$#@%$#& things up royal, and then half the time, it doesn't RESTART itself, after the up-date, so it doesn't install it ! ..:thumbdown:..:mur:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: ZERO POPULATION GROWTH or ZPG

I am aware of ZPG and was actually a member.
The problem was the amount of money spent by the 1% with the most money who wanted continuing growth in consumption to add more money to their 15th money bin.
Add to that the pressure from various churches , many of who also had massive consummer product business well outside religion.
On top of this many governments budgets are based on ever increasing income from an ever expanding base to magically reduce their deficits some time in the future, and ZPG was doomed to failure.

Down here we actually had a government who paid a cash Baby Bonus to women ( married or not ) to have a third , fourth or fifth child.
Currently there is a ( manufactured ) housing crisis in Australia and housing with the associated industries accounts for near a 1/3 of our economy.

So yes I am one who firmly believes that humanity will not end because of a terrorist throwing around nukes, but like the people of Easter Island we will simply reproduce ourselves to oblivion.
Hopefully the cockroaches will manage the planet better than we did.

See what I mean about bowing to Bert regarding world-Wide politics? He has his thumb on the pulse of humanity!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK guys time to sing for the Birthday Boy !!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Happy Birthday Goomba !!

Geez, Thanks Boo! I'm feeling the love.... (I also feel older!!!)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron,

If her step-mom was referring to the photo as a singular item, ("Is that a photo of your feet?") rather than questioning if the feet in the photo were hers, ("Are those your feet?"), I think with our current bashing of the Queen's English, she might be able to get away with it.. Maybe....

Rog

Hey Goomba, U no those emails we send 2 each other where I SLAUGHTER the kings english, U no what I mean, I'll bet if they cud C sum uv it ( speclly RONNO ) theyd schitt ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

YEAH, I too have noticed the editing features here sometimes fail, and you can't post pics in a PM ( but I found a way to convert a pic to a URL,) which you CAN use in the PM to link to a pic !
Another thing I found, is that if you're using Win 10, SOMETIMES when it up-dates, it F&^%$#@%$#& things up royal, and then half the time, it doesn't RESTART itself, after the up-date, so it doesn't install it ! ..:thumbdown:..:mur:

OH!! That's another thing I bow to you for - Computer operation!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Goomba, U no those emails we send 2 each other where I SLAUGHTER the kings english, U no what I mean, I'll bet if they cud C sum uv it ( speclly RONNO ) theyd schitt ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Yeah Boo, a few emails like that would probably put poor Ron over the edge..

Hey, when are we going to get together and go raid some unsuspecting flea market? I picked up a very rusty Stanley 220 block plane the other day for $2.50. I just wanted the blade adjustment mechanize out of it for another 220 I have that the adjuster threads are stripped in. This rain sort of sucks, but at least it's warm!!

Rog