The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

In reply to a post about Christmas............ All I want for that day day is for everyone tooooooo be safe and enjoy life at it's fullest............

This song is made by a dear friend of mine and she can belt it out ......................

https://youtu.be/UqHN0oTvzKw

Enjoy Mes Ami ~!~!

BO: Thanks for the "tune", Yep!! she sings quite well, and Best wishes for you and all your friends and family, hope ya don't mind me chopping your name down, (old habit of mine to alter folks names) (LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

In reply to a post about Christmas............ All I want for that day day is for everyone tooooooo be safe and enjoy life at it's fullest............

This song is made by a dear friend of mine and she can belt it out ......................

https://youtu.be/UqHN0oTvzKw

Enjoy Mes Ami ~!~!

Boudreaux, you old Cajun coot you... Bonjour mes amis, bonjour

Thanks for sending a video of a lady that can sing!

I have two shipmates that live right in the New Orleans area that we had the good fortune to have visited last year and enjoyed ourselves a great deal. It was our second visit to "The Big Easy", plus we toured a good part of your beautiful state back in 2004.

I agree, let us all enjoy life to it's fullest!

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHHhhh finally able to sleep until 5:30 this morn. I put a small bowl of the cat's food in the corner of the bedroom, and that's where I found him sleeping this morning, now I have more bed-room ! up-date on the NEW puter ( as if any of ya's give a schitt! ) ..( LOL ) all is working in an acceptable manner, still have a slight issue with my Thunderbird e-mail but it's at a point where I can live with it, I always have my "back-up" e-mail ( AOL ) that works PDG ! I'm sure, had I been using a web-mail service that Thunderbird has on their "easily-compatable" list ie. Gmail, Verizon,Yahoo,and many other's I wouldn't have had the issue, Road-Runner is not a "big-name service" in their listing YET ! MY printer is working good ( Thank you Jesus !! ) and I'm actually gettin the hang of Win 10, albeit, the relationship has FAR to go, was tryin to "dump" Cortana and the Edge browser, NO CAN DO ! Micro-Soft forces their schitt down our throats .. AGAIN !! I just hate having my folders and pictures in 3 or more locations on the puter, that's the LIBRARIES feature, ( which also is locked into the system ) I did manage to dump "One-Drive", ALL the games, and several others, I am going to get a bit more comfy with Win-10, then do some changes to bring it more to my liking, sort of bringing Win-7 back from the dead, there's a load of info. out there on changing things about Win-10 but I'm not really tech-savvy so that means a lot of reading. WE shall see what's in store !

https://www.howtogeek.com/277448/how-to-make-windows-10-look-and-act-more-like-windows-7/

MORNIN.jpg ...OH YEAH !! Almost forgot ! ... GOOD Morning gang !!

primerbulb120

Threads

I was deep in argument with one of the self riteous planet savers when I floored her with a simple statistic.
One 747 at full thrust taking off from Macsot airport pumps more unburned hydrocarbons into the atmosphere than every 2 stroke lawn mower running for a full year.
So if she really wanted to save the planet perhaps she could campaign to close down all the airports ( She had just been on holidays to Bali ).

Way to go! :thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin::laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have any of you learned sages (or even, those less so...) ever heard of an outfit called "Battery Doctors?"
They marketed chemicals and chargers to re-energize sulphated lead acid batteries.
I wound up with a bunch of their chemicals and want them gone.
I have not been able to contact them via the phone #'s which I have found on the www.
I sent them an e-mail request, but have yet to have then respond.

What say the collective mentality of this crowd??

Pumper54

Threads

Greetings and Salivation to All.
Just letting everyone know the shoulder surgery went went and after two weeks of doing pretty much nothing but watching TV and learning to do things left handed (I'm right handed) I was cleared yesterday to start using my right arm again for limited stuff. Still no heaving lifting, pulling of lawn mower rope started or hauling luggage so I am off work for a bit. I have high respects for people who are one armed as there is a whole bunch of stuff that you never knew you can't do one handed until you are one handed. Typing will take a bit to get back to so I will keep this short. You all play nice and take care.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just letting everyone know the shoulder surgery went went and after two weeks of doing pretty much nothing but watching TV and learning to do things left handed (I'm right handed) I was cleared yesterday to start using my right arm again for limited stuff. Still no heaving lifting, pulling of lawn mower rope started or hauling luggage so I am off work for a bit. I have high respects for people who are one armed as there is a whole bunch of stuff that you never knew you can't do one handed until you are one handed. Typing will take a bit to get back to so I will keep this short. You all play nice and take care.
Tom

YEAH I went through that routine awhile back, (also right-handed) it's ALL the little things we take for granted that irk ya, like using keys to open doors, car ignition, removing lids& tops off containers, workin your zipper, (specially when ya REALLY gotta go) pickin your nose, wipin your butt (wash your hands REAL good !) and a buzzillion other things, :laughing:..:laughing:
Glad your back Tom, now we can proceed to really bust your chops, and don't worry bout your "bikes", we're gonna fly Bert up to ride em ALL everyday, till you can !! GOOD thing, .. ya don't have to cut grass till next spring ! ..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Tom

Good to hear you are back on the mend.
Amazing just how long it takes for soft tissues to heal when we arn't as young as we used to be.
Don't over do it, remember you need two things to heal, lots of proteins and lots of sleep cause you only heal while you are asleep.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Have any of you learned sages (or even, those less so...) ever heard of an outfit called "Battery Doctors?"
They marketed chemicals and chargers to re-energize sulphated lead acid batteries.
I wound up with a bunch of their chemicals and want them gone.
I have not been able to contact them via the phone #'s which I have found on the www.
I sent them an e-mail request, but have yet to have then respond.

What say the collective mentality of this crowd??

Not heard of them
What chemicals are you tanking about ?
We used to "revive" lead acid batteries by washing out the crud that accumulates in the bottom.
Then charging it with a weak acid solution containing solution of DMG (Dimethylglyoxime ) or EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid )
When the charging finishes we tipped the solution then refilled with normal strength battery acid.

DMG is insoluable in water so it will be dissolved in spirits so you can identify by smell or by dropping a nickel into it.
If it goes red it is DMG.
DMG can be tipped into a sewer or septic tank or just into cloth or paper & sent out to the tip
EDTA is water soluable and is the actictve ingredient in non-acid lime treatments and coffee machine cleaners.
It tastes foul but is edible and is used widely in the food industry.
Again you can pour it into a sewer or septic system, best avoid dams.

Both of these are strong scavenging agents.
DMG deactivates metallic ions in solution and keeps them in solution while EDTA causes them to precipitate .

They work by removing scrap ions and old used up paste leaving behind a fresh surface for reaction.
While they do "revive" a battery voltage wise, they do consume paste so the battery looses capacity