The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

An email address is just a URL so provided you do not change your ISP you just load the account details into whatever mail application that is on your computer . Most should be able to to handle POP & IMAp provided you tell the app which protocol you are using.
If you are using a web mail address ( .Gmail, .yahoo .aol etc ) then that is different , all you have to do is log in from your new browser, provided that you actually remember your log in details

A mail client ( as they like to call them ) is nothing much more than a web browser and they work exactly the same way except they "download" the page rather than just viewing the page.
And of course the "page" is the email which like a lot of high security sites vanishes off the web once you have deleted it from the ISP's server.

BERT, .. you are AMAZING !! Thanks fo the explanation. I'm just doing things the hard way, .. ( LOL ) I'm just gonna setup the new puter then install FireFox as a NEW account, THEN install ThunderBird . WHASSA matta 4 me ?? MY STUPID BE SHOWIN !! ( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Congrats to Boo for getting a new 'puter.. Good luck with the set up! Email me when you have it on-line!

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 134,143

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Missing Argentine Submarine

You guys may already be aware of this, but in case you aren't, Argentina lost the submarine San Juan over a week ago. She carried 44 souls and I fear is surely gone. They had reported a battery problem just before all contact was lost. An explosion has been reported from the area she was in. There are all sorts of theories and blame laying going on, none of which will help any of my brothers who wont be coming back. - - - Sailors, Rest you oars....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...ne-will-continue-countrys-president-says.html

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Speaking of Submarines

I received this photo from one of the Torsk Bandits from Baltimore.

The USS Torsk SS-423 is a museum boat located in Baltimore Harbor and she has a large group of people consisting of civilians and old sub sailors that help maintain her. They are known as the "Torsk Bandits" because they have been known to procure needed items by other than normal channels. I think that is a good way of describing it.

This picture will not be easily understood, unless you ever went to sea in a diesel submarine for a long deployment. What you are seeing are #10 cans of food stuffs lining a passageway, that will literally have to be walked on top of until they are used up in the making of meals. Sugar and coffee were stored in larger square tins often stored outboard the engines in the engine rooms. If the boat had 16 cylinder GM diesels for main power, you often had to contend with spare cylinder liners stored wherever they could find space for them. They wore out that often!! (I still have no use for things made by General Motors!) - They made a rotary diesel that was used in a certain class of boats that were even worse! Eventually all those rotary engines had to be removed and replaced by FM 10's... (Fairbanks Morse 10 cylinder engines.)

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and that none of you had to walk on top of your food pantry.. :laughing:

Roger

Attachments

• Stocked up boat.jpg
    Stocked up boat.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

BERT, .. you are AMAZING !! Thanks fo the explanation. I'm just doing things the hard way, .. ( LOL ) I'm just gonna setup the new puter then install FireFox as a NEW account, THEN install ThunderBird . WHASSA matta 4 me ?? MY STUPID BE SHOWIN !! ( LOL )

If you have a home LAN you should be able to hook both of the computers up to it then install Thunderbird and tell it to migrate all of the emails from your old app to it.
Softwear geeks like to call in importing.
I don't know what sort of file managment systems don't work on a PC but on a Mac you just tell the set up assistant what drive you are migrating from and it imports all files & folders from your old drive to the new computer, including all of the softwear and all of the access codes takes about 10 minutes.

The other trick is to back up your old drive & restore it to the new computer with any one of the back up apps.
If your old computer is still working.
If your old computer is toast but the hard drive still works you should be able to install the old drive into the new tower and either run your apps strait off the old drive or again back up the old drive & restore it to the new computer.

If the new box will allow you to start up in DOS, there is a DOS command that will copy your old drive to the new drive line by line. Somthing like "xcopy:c \ (d)
Down side of doing it that way is it will take several hours to copy the old drive to the new one and windows puts nasty tags on some files to prevent them opening on a different disc.
This is how most of the data recovery apps work.
Been a very long time since I programed in DOS but if you google "copy disc command line for DOS" you should get the right info.
I have not done anything with DOS since DOS II and that was in the 80's with 9" floppys

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'm BAAAAaaaaack !!!

got new puter on line and I'm back, AND I got my old Email address in T-Bird mail too! I do have several minor issues with settings and slight issues in the swap-over in email but I can send & receive mail, the HP computer built in setup sucks and its downloading updates for firefox and Win 10
well a few issues to resolve but... in time, Firefox & Thunderbird are ALMOST fully auto in gettng info fom your old file (the profile THEY keep) so that was not what I had expected NICE JOB MOZILLA !! OK guys , I'm outa here for now, things to straightn out .... Boo

primerbulb120

Threads

I just got 10 or 11 more weedeaters. Mostly Echo this time with a few Stihl and Husqvarna.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I just got 10 or 11 more weedeaters. Mostly Echo this time with a few Stihl and Husqvarna.

Clyde,

I have an Echo weed whacker and had to have the carb replaced after one season! (That was before coming on here with all you guys who could have talked me though repairing it myself.)

Anyway, I now use high-test gas, echo oil mix and I drain it dry at the end of the summer and run whatever is left out. No more problems... Yet!

Good luck with your haul..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
RUGER 10/22

Any of you guys own a Ruger 10/22? I guess since 2007 the trigger that comes with them is awful.. I mean I bought a new one this summer and it's trigger IS awful, but I guess they all have been since 2007...

I have been looking into drop-in replacements and settled on the one that Ruger makes themselves, the BX-10/22. That should drop the trigger pull down to around 2 pounds instead of 7 pounds! And the break is supposed to be crisp. Currently it is like breaking a green spruce branch - another words - horrible!!

Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them?

Roger