The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Views: 109,929
10-24-2017
8:46 am CST

Yep, we bumpin 110,000 ... just waitin for my 111,111 to be the WINNAH !!!

fa1e3bf1c7f16c350cf27123ecaffec5.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

my revised guess is 111,110.

I feel like I am on the Price Is Right.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have somewhat rekindled an old love affair with sardines.
There are really good ones and those that are not so great.
I really like King Oscar double layer sardines. They are small enough so that 2 on a Ritz Cracker are perfect.
Usually over $3.00/tin, but $2,67 or so at Wallyworld.
Then there are Chicken of the Sea. Nice flavor but much larger than the KO's. $1.19 at Piggly Wiggly
Today I tried some Brunswick "Gourmet Fillet" 'dines packed in oil and jalapenos mmmmmmmmmmmmmm $1.09 at WM
And, my absolute faves....Crown Prince boneless and skinless packed in Olive oil. EXCELLENT !!
Usually $3.00+, as low as $2.62 on the www., but WM has had these lately for $1.97/tin !! WOW !!
I have cleaned the shelves of these 2x now.

Beachcliff fishies are not so great IMHO. They can tend to be mushy.........bleah....

I do like the ones packed on mustard sauce or hot sauce (I put Louisiana Hot Sauce on them anyway.) and peppers...

Anyway, I'm SURE that eating these would have helped fix that transaxle !

Last edited:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

replacing the fuel pump and tank on one of my cars......hoping it will not become a two day project.....jersey rust if you know what I mean.

IMG_5682.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

replacing the fuel pump and tank on one of my cars......hoping it will not become a two day project.....jersey rust if you know what I mean.

View attachment 34574

I had a 1966 Corvair in Illinois back in the late 70's.
It had rust n the tank that would plug up the fuel filters had shut me down then and there.
The tank replacement was simple....finding one was the trick.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

There are really good ones and hose that are not so great.
I really like King Oscar double layer sardines. They are small enough so that 2 on a Ritz Cracker are perfect.
Then there are Chicken of the Sea. Nice flavor but much larger than the KO's. $1.19 at Piggly Wiggly
Today I tried some Brunswick "Gourmet Fillet" 'dines packed in oil and jalapenos mmmmmmmmmmmmmm $1.09 at WM
And, my absolute faves....Crown Prince boneless and skinless packed in Olive oil. EXCELLENT !!
Usually $3.00+, as low as $2.62 on the www., but WM has had these lately for $1.97/tin !! WOW !!

Beachcliff fishies are not so great IMHO. They can tend to be mushy.........bleah....

I do like the ones packed on mustard sauce or hot sauce (I put Louisiana Hot Sauce on them anyway.) and peppers...

now that is interesting.
Down here King Oscar are $ 2.25 Aus a can which of course is $ 1.58 US.
I usually mush them with spring onions/ chilli /fresh olives then fill a jaffel ( Closed toasted sandwich - pie type affair )
But only with the cheaper dryer sardines at $ 1.00 Aus /can.
Out of curosity how big is a US sardine can ?

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Weight-wise most are 3.75oz (106.3g)
Some are 4.375oz (124g)

Or,are you interested in dimensions??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OHhhh Chutzpah,... where the hell are the brakes, ...the view count seems to be stuck in high gear, this could get out of hand, it just might go beyond my "rigged" 111,111 level marker OH NO, .... this can't be happening, that damned Goomba is behind this, I knew he'd find a way to shoot me down, CURSES !!!

confused-smiley-300x247.png

NorthBama

Threads

There are really good ones and those that are not so great.

After you get by the smell you got them licked :licking: