The best in the game!

Slater

Threads
That's pretty sweet. I have done ditches way steeper that 30 degrees. Hill too. " point down go down "

Sorry but I am skeptical. I like your enthusiasm but lets lay off the koolaid a bit :confused2:. The 997 is a great unit, but I don't think you understand what a 30 degree slope is. 30 degrees with a 997? Maybe up and down with some good bar tires, but you will be turfing and rutting even with turf in pristine condition, my friends was turfing bad at 20 degrees and he was scared to death about rolling.

From the manual for the 997: "Never mow or operate machine on slope angles greater than 10˚. "
Not saying that it can't operate on higher than 10 degrees, 10 degrees is not much at all, just pointing out John Deere's spec and recommendation. Obviously you can do whatever you want :biggrin:
FYI The Yanmar engine is rated @ 30 degrees for 3 minutes, then it has to come off the slope.

Ventrac

Threads
Won't speak down about anything, BK is right every unit has its purpose. No point in everyone getting defensive about who has the better tractor, let the units speak for themselves :smile: I just know our dealer in Kitchener or Brantford would love to come demo a Ventrac for you, maybe you can call him next time you get stuck :biggrin:

Also, Slater has a good point. While you can go over 10 degrees with your 997, the 10 degrees is set by John Deere for safety purposes and safety is the key here. Don't take a tractor on 40 degrees just because you can, be smart with what your doing!

Slater

Threads
Your right. It's spring and time to play out doors.

Thats the spirit its supposed to be in the 70's here on Sunday!!!! :thumbsup: The grass is getting green and I may actually cut it this weekend, although I need to get all the rocks out first and decide if its still too wet :mad:

Bison

Threads
There is nothing out there that can cut like the JD997 diesel.. After 17 years cutting grass there is just nothing like it.. Kobota,gravely it all just falls apart. So if u want commercial buy a deer.. We have an. 1145. 1445. And four 997. Go green.
you're bragging, are ye?.
I challenge you to beat this one with that itty bitty deere :tongue:

Attachments

• 1855.JPG
    1855.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 38

Slater

Threads
you're bragging, are ye?.
I challenge you to beat this one with that itty bitty deere :tongue:

Good luck getting that into tight spaces :laughing:

Darkcanuck80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got 2 big deers with 17 foot cuts and another bigger Deere still for back road ditches with a arm. Matched and beaten. Nothing a Deere can't do better. :). I'll get a bunch of picks on herenif possible this year and mabel a bunch on utube.