Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?

Tinkerer200

Threads
  • / Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?
Wonder why he doesn't reply on that ??? ..:confused2:

Might be because I am an 85 year old man and have been preparing the entire house for new carpet which is being installed today. Doors down, furniture out, padding up, staples pulled, screws put in squeaking areas, drapes down, floors cleaned etc.

OP, checked today, sorry do not have a block you can use.

Walt Conner

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow 85 Walt, that's great, you still have a lot of gumption coupled with that Get-Up N Go ! Busy man !! ..:thumbsup:

Bummer on the block for John, too bad it didn't work-out.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Just an update. Swap is almost done. Everything is going great. All I had to do was swap pistons. Waiting for the gasket set to get here so that I can put the sump on the block.

Only concern I have is with the governor, external portion. I'm sure it needs some kind of adjustment, right? How do I know if the lever that clamps onto the lever that goes through the brass tube into the block is in the right position?

Tinkerer200

Threads
Just an update. Swap is almost done. Everything is going great. All I had to do was swap pistons. Waiting for the gasket set to get here so that I can put the sump on the block.

Only concern I have is with the governor, external portion. I'm sure it needs some kind of adjustment, right? How do I know if the lever that clamps onto the lever that goes through the brass tube into the block is in the right position?

Loosen clamp, manually place carb throttle in wide open position and hold there, turn shaft coming out side of engine in the same direction, clockwise in your case, as far as it will go, re-tighten clamp.

Walt Conner

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Thanks, guys! The gaskets come in tomorrow according to tracking. So I will get to that part tomorrow. Looking forward to firing it up! I'll take a video. Wish me luck!

Anything else I should be weary of or is it all down hill from here?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks, guys! The gaskets come in tomorrow according to tracking. So I will get to that part tomorrow. Looking forward to firing it up! I'll take a video. Wish me luck!

Anything else I should be weary of or is it all down hill from here?

End play.
Very important
Too little and the crank will chew out the bottom bearing section on the sump plate, too much and the flywheel will destroy the starter gears and perhaps even the magneto coils.
So bolt everything up tight with no gaskets , then measure the end float and select the appropriate number ( or single if you are lucky ) gaskets to take up the float.

Yes that is right, the end play is adjusted by increasing or removing the sump gaskets.
Do not put any sealant on them when you have worked out what the stack size should be.
I put a light coat of high temp axel grease on both the engine & sump so the gaskets do not stick & strip cleanly.
There should be 3 or 4 of them in the kit and usually each one is a different thickness.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
End play.
Very important
Too little and the crank will chew out the bottom bearing section on the sump plate, too much and the flywheel will destroy the starter gears and perhaps even the magneto coils.
So bolt everything up tight with no gaskets , then measure the end float and select the appropriate number ( or single if you are lucky ) gaskets to take up the float.

Yes that is right, the end play is adjusted by increasing or removing the sump gaskets.
Do not put any sealant on them when you have worked out what the stack size should be.
I put a light coat of high temp axel grease on both the engine & sump so the gaskets do not stick & strip cleanly.
There should be 3 or 4 of them in the kit and usually each one is a different thickness.
I didn't see anything about that mentioned in the above pdf manual provided above or on the youtube videos Ive been watching. Pretty sure kit only comes with one size gasket. .015 or something like that.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I didn't see anything about that mentioned in the above pdf manual provided above or on the youtube videos Ive been watching. Pretty sure kit only comes with one size gasket. .015 or something like that.

This Specs chart is in the Manual I sent, ..... SECTION 12, ... Pg. 174

SPECS.PNG

2 Grand up to 20 grand ... that's a LOT of wiggle room !