Suzuki-powered Push Mower

Parkmower

Threads
Two-Stroke said:
I like the deck -- I've been keeping my eye out for one like that -- with a side discharge. The two I have are both rear-baggers.

What is that shiny metal thing over the spark plug? Is it meant to protect the plug?

I responded to your PM regarding who made the engine - I'm pretty sure it's Suzuki.

Yeah it protects the plug, the lower end bolts to the head. Kinda makes it a pain when taking the plug out.

twinfords

Threads
here are a pair of 4 strokes i have been working on, run like a champ. also a 824 snow thrower that i acquired. Snow blower must have come from Canada (it has both French & English labels)mowerpick4 004.jpg

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found this astonishing ad on CraigsList. It's the commercial version of the Suzuki-Toros that I have. It's in like-new condition but here's the kicker... asking price: $1200. I didn't add a zero by mistake. :eek:

Of course, an asking price can be anything that the seller cares to make up and it doesn't mean anything until a real buyer with real cash comes along.

Here's a photo. Notice the huge air filter box and gas tank.

toro-proline-1.jpg

Parkmower

Threads
It looks to be in fantastic shape. But still over priced. Those air filter boxes are like $80. I need two.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks to be in fantastic shape. But still over priced. Those air filter boxes are like $80. I need two.

Do you know what this $1200 mower sold for new?

Do the air filter boxes crack where they mount to the carb and the engine? I can imagine how that might happen. The box on my consumer version of the mower seems large but it's nowhere near the size of the commercial.

Parkmower

Threads
No idea of mower cost new. It looks to have the bad gas tank set up too. The tank sits on a piece of steel flat stock that mounts to the deck. The prob is the bolt threads into molded plastic threads on the bottom of the tank. Very easy to break these molded threads with a few bumps. New gas tanks are also in the $50 plus range.

turfboy1997

Threads
My dad got his 1990 model like yours for like $650. and if i remember right the commercial was $750. its been a long time though. The one like yours is tough as a boot! A lot of fun to run!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
My dad got his 1990 model like yours for like $650. and if i remember right the commercial was $750. its been a long time though. The one like yours is tough as a boot! A lot of fun to run!

Thanks for your input. Those numbers are higher than I would have thought.

They are very powerful, tough machines and a real bargain if you can pick up a fixable used one for under $50.

turfboy1997

Threads
i'm pretty sure that was the right price because my grandpa had the 4 stroke version and his was $550. the 4 strokes were always $100 or so cheaper. Both were great machines and performed the exact same except i love the suzuki! It can only be described as raw power! mowed wet grass mowed extremely tall grass and never bogged once!