Stihl in John Dealers

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope he did not fall for that BS. I would have asked, since when did JD start producing their own Freon? Who ever it is, I bet that JD has a exclusive agreement with them.

It is in a John Deere can. John Deere has about anything you can name like that. It might have come from the same place as that stuff he was selling and the cans might have been identical except for the fact that the one they use has John Deere on it. Regardless what they guy selling knows. John Deere Dealers are only going to use John Deere stuff cause they make a fortune on it because of the label.......

Bullseye

Threads
Everywhere you look around here anyway the John Deere dealers are full of Stihl equipment. Has John Deere bought out Stihl or something?

I bought John Deere, Honda and Stihl equipment from the same NE Ohio dealer. He always has what I want and all the employees are a great gang. Very convenient and well stocked.

As soon as all this snow melts I'm going to put all those tools to good use.

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: I am not putting all JD dealers in one basket. We have on in the area that he and his employees will go out of their way to help. We also have one where he and his employees are rude and they think their stuff does not stink. Talk about that Freon being in a JD can. Years ago when I was in the trucking business, I was delivering a load of shipping crates to Prestone. I notice that they had four lines running and one was yellow. I asked the Shipping and receiving foreman if they had four different tanks with different grades, he stated no just one tank supplied all four lines, same grade. As far as price wise its all in the label and JD sure is proud of their label.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
:smile: I am not putting all JD dealers in one basket. We have on in the area that he and his employees will go out of their way to help. We also have one where he and his employees are rude and they think their stuff does not stink. Talk about that Freon being in a JD can. Years ago when I was in the trucking business, I was delivering a load of shipping crates to Prestone. I notice that they had four lines running and one was yellow. I asked the Shipping and receiving foreman if they had four different tanks with different grades, he stated no just one tank supplied all four lines, same grade. As far as price wise its all in the label and JD sure is proud of their label.

ON a lighter note when I was just out of highschool I worked at a JD dealer. We could buy things at a discount. I bought a 220 JD welder. It was a good little crackerbox welder. I at that time did not have a shop and I would store it inside the back door of my trailer to keep it out of the weather or anybody from stealing it when I was not around. I would keep it in a plastic tub to make sure that it dod not leak oil on my carpet.....:laughing: At that time I had never seen anything with John Deere on it that did not leak hyd oil and I did not want to take a chance.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw the same smug , arrogant attitude at JD when I was looking around for a rider. Reminded me of what I see in most ACE hardware stores- good selection ,really high prices. They must screen their franchisees (or owners) for superiority complex.

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: jeKjr, That last statement in your post, is just down right funny. Kinda remines me of the old Detroit Deisel engines saying, if is not leaking oil and rattleing its ready to blow. Motoman, around here, Ace/Do-it-Best hardware stores, their employees are falling all over there self to help you. But some of the younger ones, have no idea what you are looking for. There prices are high and they do have a good selection.

mowerguy

Threads
Just depends on the dealer. Around here they always welcome you as you come into the store. I've never had a bad experience with them. Just this week I went in there to purchase the inner and outer air filter for a John Deere zero turn. The Kawasaki engine on it has two different intakes manufactured by two different companies. We looked it up through their system and knew exactly which mower I had. He thought he had given me the right one but after I took the old one off I realized I had the wrong one. I called down there and they pulled up my invoice and sure enough they gave me the wrong one. I went to a completely different store 40 miles away but owned by the same guy. The parts guy had the correct one and gladly made the swap for me. I wasn't mad upset or ask for any special treatment as we all are human and make mistakes. On his owner he gave me ten percent off for my troubles. I was very thankful for he didn't have to do that. I guess I'm very fortunate to have a few dealers around like that.

ModernMode

Threads
Re: John Deere

Now that John Deere is in Lowes and Home Depot, I've been told by old time dealers that the product quality has gone way down. Also, a homeowner is not going to hunt up some small dealer for JD when he can just go to Home Depot to get it. I'm not a JD fan. My brother owned a push mower and had it in the shop at least once a year it's whole life. I tried to warn my father off JD when he was looking for a lawn tractor. He wouldn't listen...and now hates the one he bought. Underpowered and just doesn't mow all that well.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: John Deere

Now that John Deere is in Lowes and Home Depot, I've been told by old time dealers that the product quality has gone way down. Also, a homeowner is not going to hunt up some small dealer for JD when he can just go to Home Depot to get it. I'm not a JD fan. My brother owned a push mower and had it in the shop at least once a year it's whole life. I tried to warn my father off JD when he was looking for a lawn tractor. He wouldn't listen...and now hates the one he bought. Underpowered and just doesn't mow all that well.

I saw some zero turns in the dealer in Pensacola a week or so ago that looked real good. I had never seen a John Deere commercial that looked that big.