Stihl in John Dealers

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Everywhere you look around here anyway the John Deere dealers are full of Stihl equipment. Has John Deere bought out Stihl or something?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everywhere you look around here anyway the John Deere dealers are full of Stihl equipment. Has John Deere bought out Stihl or something?

I think most dealers are selling stihl. The snapper and emark dealers around here sell stihl and echo. Ace hardware all so sells both.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, John Deere has not bought Stihl. Their dealers have just found out that they need to start selling quality home owner equipment. Stihl has also expand the number of authorized dealers. At one time they would not have two dealers within 30 miles of each other. I have now seen them with blocks. Problem we have in our area is that we have 2 new dealers within 15 miles of us, who sell, but their service is very poor. Hate to see someone else's sticker on and we are asked to repair. Not good for the brand, but can do nothing about. One dealer does not even set up the equipment properly. Hope Stihl catches on quickly.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Talked to a guy at a Deere parts counter. He said, "John Deere has stopped selling saws and the like under their name and now all John Deere dealers will carry or be able to carry Stihl products because they have some sort of marketing agreement with them."

That might be right. Sounds good anyway.

possum

Threads
No more savvy than the John Deere dealers around here are on OPE or anywhere else I have lived they will have one heck of a time with Stihl stuff. The salesmen, parts boys and techs are going to need much in the way of schooling not to mention a great deal of get up and go. No doubt farmers would buy some stuff as well as commercial folks but they have nothing to draw in the homeowner crowd, are not open on the right days, are poorly located, know right at nothing about advertisement, and in short are just plain not in the least bit friendly nor used to selling complete items in the $150 to $350 range. They are just to darn Ag related here abouts.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Im surprised JD hasnt bought Stihl.
They buy just about everthing else. :laughing:

The ag dealers certainly have a great line up from mowers right through to farm tractors but they never seem interested in the mower side.

I bet the 2 stroke product will be painted green soon.:laughing:

bwdbrn1

Threads
Just what does John Deere carry in their line of outdoor power equipment products anymore. One of their dealerships near me specializes in commercial and golf care equipment. Big leaping Deere sign on the front of the building, but when you walk into their front door all you see are Stihl chain saws and trimmers of all kinds, Ariens snowblowers, Honda walk behind mowers, snow blowers and generators. The only thing green and yellow I saw was the sign on the wall and a few toy tractors. Come to think of it, I almost had to look for the John Deere sign among the Stihl, Ariens and Honda signs and posters. There is another dealer a few miles away that is consumer oriented, so maybe it's different there.