Sprayer attachment

Jb526

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a hustler fast trak with a 48 inch deck. I bought a fimco 15 gallon sprayer. I fabricated two brackets allowing me to mount the sprayer to the rear of the mower. I attached the sprayer today and filled it with water. No issues with the weight at all. Now I have to figure out the best way to wire the sprayer. Trying to decide between hard wiring with a rocker switch or adding a 12 volt receptical to allow me to simply plug the sprayer in. At thoughts or suggestions?

Jb526

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just in case anyone Is interested, I finally made a decision. I have installed a flush mount 12 volt receptacle in the side panel of the key console just below two fuses that were factory mounted. I works we'll for everything I need. :thumbsup:

Threads
Just in case anyone Is interested, I finally made a decision. I have installed a flush mount 12 volt receptacle in the side panel of the key console just below two fuses that were factory mounted. I works we'll for everything I need. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you figured something out! :smile:

SaltCreek

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a raptor and am not liking the idea of pulling a trailer sprayer. Do you mind sharing photos of your mod? I am looking for ideas. Did you mount it above the engine or behind? Thanks

Jb526

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apparently, the pictures I took are no longer on my phone or i-pad. I will try to take some tonight and add them. Basically, I made an L bracket out of 2 1/2 inch flat steel and added a support piece. That bracket gets bolted to the rear engine surround and the sprayer is bolted on top. Additionally, I added a 12 volt receptacle just below the fuses in the control panel.

The whole thing is held onto the mower by four bolts, so it can be removed easily for storage.

PA Weldor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm going to be doing the same thing, with the same sprayer. I'll take pics when I've completed the project. I formerly had the sprayer mounted on engine cover of my commercial Hustler 340 mower. Traded that machine in on a FastrakSD last week.

SaltCreek

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was thinking of going above the engine. Do you see that as being a problem? Just planning on making a "deck" above it that I could leave on year round. Thoughts?

Jb526

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some pictures of the setup I am using.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 93

SaltCreek

Forum Newbie