Export thread

Sprayer attachment

J

Jb526

I have a hustler fast trak with a 48 inch deck. I bought a fimco 15 gallon sprayer. I fabricated two brackets allowing me to mount the sprayer to the rear of the mower. I attached the sprayer today and filled it with water. No issues with the weight at all. Now I have to figure out the best way to wire the sprayer. Trying to decide between hard wiring with a rocker switch or adding a 12 volt receptical to allow me to simply plug the sprayer in. At thoughts or suggestions?

R

Rivets

Check out the recommendations on this thread. If they don't help post back.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/build-yourself/12954-power-outlet-john-deere-riding-mower.html

J

Jb526

Just in case anyone Is interested, I finally made a decision. I have installed a flush mount 12 volt receptacle in the side panel of the key console just below two fuses that were factory mounted. I works we'll for everything I need. :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Just in case anyone Is interested, I finally made a decision. I have installed a flush mount 12 volt receptacle in the side panel of the key console just below two fuses that were factory mounted. I works we'll for everything I need. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you figured something out! :smile:

S

SaltCreek

I just purchased a raptor and am not liking the idea of pulling a trailer sprayer. Do you mind sharing photos of your mod? I am looking for ideas. Did you mount it above the engine or behind? Thanks

J

Jb526

Apparently, the pictures I took are no longer on my phone or i-pad. I will try to take some tonight and add them. Basically, I made an L bracket out of 2 1/2 inch flat steel and added a support piece. That bracket gets bolted to the rear engine surround and the sprayer is bolted on top. Additionally, I added a 12 volt receptacle just below the fuses in the control panel.

The whole thing is held onto the mower by four bolts, so it can be removed easily for storage.

P

PA Weldor

I'm going to be doing the same thing, with the same sprayer. I'll take pics when I've completed the project. I formerly had the sprayer mounted on engine cover of my commercial Hustler 340 mower. Traded that machine in on a FastrakSD last week.

S

SaltCreek

I was thinking of going above the engine. Do you see that as being a problem? Just planning on making a "deck" above it that I could leave on year round. Thoughts?

J

Jb526

Here are some pictures of the setup I am using.

Attachments

S

SaltCreek

I was thinking something like this........HustlerRack.jpg

Attached in these holes.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

S

SaltCreek

Here is what I ended up making. Should be nice as I can leave it on all season long.

HuskerRack.jpg

HuskerSprayer.jpg

exotion

exotion

Nice that looks very well made

K

Kremeneon

I'm curious about the wheelie potential having that much weight that high and just rear of the drive wheels.

S

SaltCreek

Its hard to see in the picture but the rack has supports that run at angle forward in front of the motor and attached just behind the seat. Weight should be centered over the rear axel not behind. Haven't fully tested it yet, but my lawn is flat so should not be an issue as long as I don't "hotrod" around.

K

Kremeneon

I'm not knocking it, quite a great idea. Can always add counterweight to the front beam if found to be needed.

B

bricehome1

Or maybe just don't fill it up all the way.. Looks great.. What did you do for power?

Kainedogg

Kainedogg

If you make another I have paypal in hand friend. I don't like spraying and pumping 3200 feet of fence.