Snapper won't crank

navydad2022

Threads
Cut my front yard and parked the mower to trim edge my yard and it won't crank over.l first heard the solenoid click and then silence nothing.Tried pull starting and nothing.l am charging my battery just in case and the solenoid is new .it has a starter and pull start attachment. 21A907-0124-E1and snapper 281223BVE

Ocean909

Threads
So if you're saying the engine cranks, but won't fire with either starter or pull cord I'd check for spark next. If no spark, pull the kill wire on the ignition. If you then have spark, interlock or ground issue, if not bad ignition module

navydad2022

Threads
No,the engine doesn't crank or do l hear the ignition module click.l charged the battery but no luck. After l turn the mower off and came back it just click and then nothing.l even tried to pull start it and it usually starts but not this time.could it be a fuse, module, safety switch.

navydad2022

Threads
So if you're saying the engine cranks, but won't fire with either starter or pull cord I'd check for spark next. If no spark, pull the kill wire on the ignition. If you then have spark, interlock or ground issue, if not bad ignition module

Ocean909, I'm going to disconnect kill wire on module to check for spark​

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have either a bad connection in the starting circuit (first one I would check is the battery neg to chassis) or bad battery. Hook a volt meter to the battery and watch for any changes when you turn the key from off to run. Voltage drops below 10VDC is an indicator of bad battery. Very little or no voltage change means you are looking for a loose or bad connection.

navydad2022

Threads

Ocean909 I'm going to disconnect kill wire on module to check for spark​

Ocean909, I'm going to disconnect kill wire on module to check for spark​

Would a bad ignition switch also cause this,l was working fine until l shut it off.

navydad2022

Threads
You have either a bad connection in the starting circuit (first one I would check is the battery neg to chassis) or bad battery. Hook a volt meter to the battery and watch for any changes when you turn the key from off to run. Voltage drops below 10VDC is an indicator of bad battery. Very little or no voltage change means you are looking for a loose or bad connection.
Thank you

Rivets​

Lawn

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you hearing the carb solenoid click or the starter solenoid? IF your carb has one?

You can temp pull the wires off the carb solenoid and test for sound.

Wondering if the starter solenoid is clicking or not.

navydad2022

Threads
Are you hearing the carb solenoid click or the starter solenoid? IF your carb has one?

You can temp pull the wires off the carb solenoid and test for sound.

Wondering if the starter solenoid is clicking or not.
My carb doesn't have a solenoid,my mower is dead silent.