Snapper quits

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
read your owners manual
To move you have to be in the seat & the brake must be off
So 2 switches need to be working for this to happen, the seat switch & the parking brake switch
So one or the other is not working or the wires between them is not sound

navydad2022

Threads
read your owners manual
To move you have to be in the seat & the brake must be off
So 2 switches need to be working for this to happen, the seat switch & the parking brake switch
So one or the other is not working or the wires between them is not sound
Got it,thank you,l tested the brake switch but not the seat switch

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve had plenty of experience with electrical troubleshooting, but you need to understand basic electricity before you try to tackle electrical troubleshooting. You posted pictures of wiring harnesses, not diagrams, they are mostly useless when troubleshooting. I’ve attached a wiring diagram, which techs use for this type of problem. Bert stated that there are two switches which may be the cause, so they will need to be tested. The seat switch-is NC when off the seat and the brake switch has two circuits, one is NC and the other is NO. On top of that the seat switch plug defaults to NC when disconnected. Hopefully you understand how these work or you’ll have a difficult time troubleshooting. There is also an electrical module where all these components hook into, which I’ve seen go bad.

navydad2022

Threads
I’ve had plenty of experience with electrical troubleshooting, but you need to understand basic electricity before you try to tackle electrical troubleshooting. You posted pictures of wiring harnesses, not diagrams, they are mostly useless when troubleshooting. I’ve attached a wiring diagram, which techs use for this type of problem. Bert stated that there are two switches which may be the cause, so they will need to be tested. The seat switch-is NC when off the seat and the brake switch has two circuits, one is NC and the other is NO. On top of that the seat switch plug defaults to NC when disconnected. Hopefully you understand how these work or you’ll have a difficult time troubleshooting. There is also an electrical module where all these components hook into, which I’ve seen go bad.
I don't think there is way to test this,am l right or wrong

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes there is a way to test switches if you understand what NC (normally closed) and NO (normally open) means.

navydad2022

Threads
Yes there is a way to test switches if you understand what NC (normally closed) and NO (normally open) means.
Rivets,l just have to check every switch(3) and any faulty wires

navydad2022

Threads
Rivets,l just have to check every switch(3) and any faulty wires
Rivets,l found the culprit,it was blade switch that was not making good contact.l jumped the switch with wire to test and sure enough it run perfect and reinstalled switch.l tested all switches to make sure and they were good.l also put new connector on ground to frame on the solenoid.Thank you, I'll see how long it goes without problems 🤞

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for letting us know, most don’t do that.