Snapper quits

navydad2022

Threads
Recently exchanged new pos and neg cables and starter got it going and did my yard.now my mower starts but when l release the brake / clutch paddle it turns off.

navydad2022

Threads
Recently exchanged new pos and neg cables and starter got it going and did my yard.now my mower starts but when l release the brake / clutch paddle it turns off.
My victory was short lived,now this happens 😞

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I like the idea that you started a new thread, but unless I want to take the time to go searching for your old threads. I don’t feel that this is the best use of my time. I don’t have much info to help you out. Things I don’t know.
1. What kind of Snapper are you talking about?
2. What are the units model and serial numbers?
3. What switches are you talking about?
4. Getting an engine to start and run is very different electrically than a units controls shutting down the engine.
5. Do you have any electrical troubleshooting experience and can you read electrical wiring diagrams if we can find them.
Sounds like you are throwing parts at this unit to see what sticks, but I try to help by figuring out causes before telling someone to spend money. Electrical troubleshooting is difficult enough if the unit is my shop, but trying to do it in a forum like this is nearly impossible if I don’t have a good picture of the problem. I’ll be glad to try to help you, but unless I have a better picture of what you have in front of you, there isn’t a whole lot I can do.

navydad2022

Threads
I like the idea that you started a new thread, but unless I want to take the time to go searching for your old threads. I don’t feel that this is the best use of my time. I don’t have much info to help you out. Things I don’t know.
4. Getting an engine to start and run is very different electrically than a units controls shutting down the engine.
5. Do you have any electrical troubleshooting experience and can you read electrical wiring diagrams if we can find them.
Sounds like you are throwing parts at this unit to see what sticks, but I try to help by figuring out causes before telling someone to spend money. Electrical troubleshooting is difficult enough if the unit is my shop, but trying to do it in a forum like this is nearly impossible if I don’t have a good picture of the problem. I’ll be glad to try to help you, but unless I have a better picture of what you have in front of you, there isn’t a whole lot I can do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905-165738.png
    Screenshot_20230905-165738.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230905-165738.png
    Screenshot_20230905-165738.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230531-162719.png
    Screenshot_20230531-162719.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 3

navydad2022

Threads
I'm putting parts because this was a abused and I'm trying to give it some TLC.l have some knowledge of diagrams but I'm no expert, learning as l go with you all expertise

navydad2022

Threads
I'm putting parts because this was a abused and I'm trying to give it some TLC.l have some knowledge of diagrams but I'm no expert, learning as l go with you all expertise
I've replaced starter, solenoid,key switch, battery cables,fuse,etc

navydad2022

Threads
It's ok if you can't,just putting it out there if anybody has prior experience on this problem 👍