Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Snapperfreak

Threads
I understand. I hope u get a response from him. As for mower shops, I'm lucky to live near one that appreciates the old stuff as I do and they all know how attached I am to my equipment. The owner even let's me use whatever I need from his junk pile in the back. Most of it isn't really junk, just mowers people don't care about repairing. I got a good sp deck from there and put an engine of mine on it for my brother-in-law. He's already broke a belt and a spring. I fixed it of course for him. But seems most shops just want to sell the shiny new crap...I'll stick with the old stuff.
I did see the airens. That's quite a find. I would snatch that up, even if it's awhile before any work can be done to it, what a conversational piece!

There's also a guy not too far from me who's retired and works on mowers for fun. We totally see eye to eye, he's just much more mechanically inclined than I am. Got my first older snapper from him 3 years ago.

Ya get that airens home if u can...that's a keeper!

SnapperLady

Threads
I'm getting my 21401P picked up and moved to another shop tomorrow or the next day!

I called my local Honda place - those guys are good people - they sponsor one of my dog club's fall sheepdog trials and lend us an EZ-Go Carryall to use. They know me well. They work on Hondas, Kubotas, Husqvarnas, and then some (everything - generators, motorcycles, ATV's, mowers, golf carts to full size tractors). I figured it didn't hurt to ask them if they'd work on my Snapper.

The owner said the main reason they don't usally take in Snappers is they have a hard time finding parts. Ha. I said no prob!! So he said I could bring it over for them to take a look. At least it will be INSIDE.

I think you're right about that old Ariens - I should at least go get it and put it under a tarp at my place. Maybe I'll find someone who's into those.

Snapperfreak

Threads
That's great news! Hard to find parts??? Please. That's a load but whatever. I know several websites that have EVERYTHING. Anyway, important thing is the mower is going over there to someone who knows what they're doing and knows u and u can trust. Cool.

Dmscfla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning. I purchased an early 1990's model. Love cutting with it. Have had to take it back to the shop as the belt keeps wanting to slip off the track. It needed new bushings. I will post pictures later. Thank you for this forum.

Threads
OK..I'll jump in. Just found this baby on Craiglist for 50 bucks. Planning on a whole rebuild. I've got a brand new Briggs that will come off a piece of crap weedeater my brother had..about 5 hours on it. Think I'll have any trouble swapping it out? It's an 8.75 horse. found some brand new back wheels and tires online, so I'm gonna spring for a new seat, and front tires, take it completely down, and paint/powdercoat the entire rig...wish me luck haha. BTW, i am a young 54 year old,in the printing business, residing in south carolina..thanks and glad to be here!

Attachments

• DSCN0790.jpg
    DSCN0790.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 54

Dmscfla

Forum Newbie
Threads
How cool! I hope it works out. I saw the other one you restored great work. Mine runs great. I just need to restore it now. Btw. How do you post a picture? I want to post one of mine!

Threads
go ahead and "reply" to this thread, and down in the form you fill out, look for "manage Attachments". then browse to the pic you want to upload, then be sure to hit the upload button, and when it's done, hit the "close this window button" then simply submit your response normally.

snapsstorer

Threads
Ipicked up a frame similair to the one that NJsnapper has pictured. i was going to part it out, BUT looking at them in their glory i am going to resurrect it. it look better than some of exspensive junk they have out now days. if you know what i mean(sheet metal frames andall). not saying they cant do the job, but i want want the vintage look.

otcogen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy folks,

I suppose as usual, I charged ahead and posted a question without reading this intro page. I posted about my (dead) Snapper 1850 18 hp with 3-point & power-take-off (pto). I noticed a few slots down someone in this group although I cannot go there now while typing or at least I do know how, but there was a post of a LT-16 which looks a lot like my 1850. I would certainly like to know more about this similarity. I would love to get my old Snapper going but this earlier 1980's ride on may pose some issue of my figuring what on earth to do or start. Minor problem is my wife will kill me if I start another project with so many already in mid-stream, ha. Well, I guess I have come up from the dead before, ha.

So hi-ya folks any direction would be appreciated.

GREETINGS to all Snapper mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Snapper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Snapper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Snapper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

mullins87

Threads
Howdy folks,

I suppose as usual, I charged ahead and posted a question without reading this intro page. I posted about my (dead) Snapper 1850 18 hp with 3-point & power-take-off (pto). I noticed a few slots down someone in this group although I cannot go there now while typing or at least I do know how, but there was a post of a LT-16 which looks a lot like my 1850. I would certainly like to know more about this similarity. I would love to get my old Snapper going but this earlier 1980's ride on may pose some issue of my figuring what on earth to do or start. Minor problem is my wife will kill me if I start another project with so many already in mid-stream, ha. Well, I guess I have come up from the dead before, ha.

So hi-ya folks any direction would be appreciated.

I can relate to your situation with the wife and too many projects in mid-stream!!! I have an LT-16 and a "Hydro", which is nearly identical. I don't know how many similarities exist being the LT-16 and the 1850. A few years ago I read somewhere the 1650, 1655, 1850 and 1855's were built by Massey Ferguson, the tractor manufacturer. Could be that my memory has it confused with another garden tractor or what I read was incorrect. I'll try to help you out as much as possible, so post your issues.