Snapper Big Mow Pulley nut

lavatan

Threads
Lavatan, I’ve worked on more small engine equipment in one month than you have in your entire life. Who ever installed a starter clutch inside a starter cup should never be allowed to use tools. If you feel that everything was installed properly, then ignore my post. If you look at and understand the picture Hammer posted, you will see two different starting systems were used on that engine. Some idiot combined the two setups. I doubt you will find that that setup has never been seen or used by any of the experienced techs on this site. If it were, someone could provide you with the tool to remove it. Haven’t see that yet, but there is a 1% chance I’m wrong. Believe what you want, it’s your unit.
First of all, that is not a starter cup. Apparently you don't read the posts. It is a pulley to drive the front wheel of the mower. I have looked at that briggs and stratton diagram, and yes, it does show two motors. Don't you think it's within the realm of possibility that Swisher decided to alter the motor for their particular lawnmower?

For further clarification, the belt runs around two pulleys under the hood. There is a tensioner connected to the pedal which, in turn, tensions the belt which then turns a gearbox that turns a chain that goes down the front wheel. It has a 360* turning radius so no reverse. You turn the wheel 180* to go backwards.

lavatan

Threads
Also, if this is the wrong section to be posting this please move it to the correct subforum. I didn't see Swisher listed as a brand and thought that Snapper had bought them in the past but I might be wrong.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I searched around for a parts list online, more results under Swisher. But no manual. Do you have any books on it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If that is not a starter clutch and starter cup in your post #1, all the experienced techs on this site will be jumping all over my butt. Until then I stand by what I posted.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you give a pic of it from the side, so we can see the side of the pulley?

lavatan

Threads
I searched around for a parts list online, more results under Swisher. But no manual. Do you have any books on it?
I do not have any books on this unfortunately.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also a pic or two of the top cover of the engine?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Swisher has done some weird shi..... stuff. So I wouldn't put it past them.