Snapper 21401P saved

rarebear

Threads
Looks like good candidate for a Harbor Freight Predator 5.5 HP engine..
They are on sale for $119

rarebear

Threads
I've been itching to buy one and try it out :)
My 21 year old lawnboy runs like a champ so I guess I'm trying get my engine through you :)

Are you planning on repaint or just getting it running well?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Haha I understand! No, my painting days are over, I'm keeping them all original patina from here on out. Even with less-than-perfect paint condition I've found I really prefer original. That goes for engines too, however, the only aftermarket engine if throw on a deck would be a honda GXV140 or 160.

I would really like to find an old bricktop though, speaking of lawnboys. Yours is 21 years old, does it have a Tecumseh? Actually I'd like to find an old early '80s crappy craftsman like the one I had when I was a kid...but I digress. How bout some pics of your lawnboy??

rarebear

Threads
DSC_4151.jpgDSC_4152.jpgDSC_4153.jpg

I just finished painting a new aluminum deck for a from a 10515, it came with the muffler plate so I can mount my engine from the 680540 and change it over.. I had to buy new back wheel adjusters and I use the handle from the older one..

I was hoping to just drill new holes but the new deck's engine hole is way bigger than my engine's muffler plate..
Since muffler plates are different sizes and different hole spaces, I was lucky it came with the plate and fits my engine...

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
Wow! Huge improvement on that deck. Nicely done!