Safeguard work.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The lady recruiting me said I had to have a bagging system and bag the clippings....

Wow never heard of them wanting that.
Just asked a guy in north Alabama and he never heard of it.

Did she say if you get paid extra per bag?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow never heard of them wanting that.
Just asked a guy in north Alabama and he never heard of it.

Did she say if you get paid extra per bag?

I understood two dollars a bag. Not sure of more details. I would be on the way to signing up if I had not gotten that. She was wanting to hook me up with 200+ cuts a month. I would have jumped on it even though it is a pretty good sized zone to drive.

I think you are right. I think now that it is like you said because I have never seen anybody in this part of the world that bags in the summer time with the exception of a couple of places that are manicured.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understood two dollars a bag. Not sure of more details. I would be on the way to signing up if I had not gotten that. She was wanting to hook me up with 200+ cuts a month. I would have jumped on it even though it is a pretty good sized zone to drive.

Do you have a truck for hauling clippings? And a place to dump them ?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think maybe she was saying if you bag you get paid the extra.

I would call or email them and make sure what they want.
Did you tell her you don't bag?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That'll keep you busy. Makes since they want it bagged

Do you know how many bags you would get off of an acre of Bahia grass cut every 14 days?

A day's cutting would be many pickup loads of clippings. In fact one yard would be a pickup load on many yards.

This is South Alabama. It will be like the tropics here in the summer if we a have a wet summer.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you know how many bags you would get off of an acre of Bahia grass cut every 14 days?

A day's cutting would be many pickup loads of clippings. In fact one yard would be a pickup load on many yards.

This is South Alabama. It will be like the tropics here in the summer if we a have a wet summer.

To many varibles to give an estimate on bags.... Can try to add a cage to your truck for extra room.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think maybe she was saying if you bag you get paid the extra.

I would call or email them and make sure what they want.
Did you tell her you don't bag?

I told her I did jot have a bagging system and I would have to find out how much it would cost to get one. I emailed her back and called and left. Message to call me back that I got a price on a bagging system and wanted the job. I have not heard from her.

I think you are right still on the bagging. I think that if I could get hooked up with the district rep that we would not have a problem. I understand what you are talking about on not leaving piles or streaks of clippings.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is mine it looks decent and was cheap to build 2x4 and metal mesh adds about a yard and a half to my truck

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140310_143144.png
    ForumRunner_20140310_143144.png
    410.5 KB · Views: 33

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
To many varibles to give an estimate on bags.... Can try to add a cage to your truck for extra room.

Cutting 200+ cuts per month down here on a 14 day rotation would take a large set of sides and a truck dedicated to hauling probably.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cutting 200+ cuts per month down here on a 14 day rotation would take a large set of sides and a truck dedicated to hauling probably.

Gotta say I've never filled my truck in a single day go to the dump daily