Safeguard work.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a telephone interview Monday to possibly get some Safeguard work. I have heard so many stories I don't know whether they will be a hood thing or a dad thing for me. If they hire me I think I am going to give them a try.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We just signed back on with them got first job today. Was told when we did the phone interview that they have 77 work orders past due.
Things have changed with them since I was a vender 2 years ago.
Make sure you read the documents they send you so you know what to bid on and what is normal. And how the price on grass cuts work.

The pics they want are very simple but make sure you get every one they want.

Safegaurd is a very good company to work for they pay on time and are very easy to get along with.

If you have any questions about anything let me know.

Don't let the initial grass cuts stress you out. Get a yard stick to show how tall the grass is do you get the over a foot pay.

And get ready to work a lot.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh and you can NOT access their vender web on your iPhone you have to use a PC

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We just signed back on with them got first job today. Was told when we did the phone interview that they have 77 work orders past due.
Things have changed with them since I was a vender 2 years ago.
Make sure you read the documents they send you so you know what to bid on and what is normal. And how the price on grass cuts work.

The pics they want are very simple but make sure you get every one they want.

Safegaurd is a very good company to work for they pay on time and are very easy to get along with.

If you have any questions about anything let me know.

Don't let the initial grass cuts stress you out. Get a yard stick to show how tall the grass is do you get the over a foot pay.

And get ready to work a lot.

Answer me a question.

What do you have to do about city licsence when you work with them? In my part of the world there will be numerous small towns and to cut grass in every one of them one has to have a licsence. Do you have to buy a licsence in every one or are they covered in some way through Safeguard?

If not it could get expensive down here.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Answer me a question.

What do you have to do about city licsence when you work with them? In my part of the world there will be numerous small towns and to cut grass in every one of them one has to have a licsence. Do you have to buy a licsence in every one or are they covered in some way through Safeguard?

If not it could get expensive down here.

From what I understand they will want me to pull 60 miles or so in different directions. Do they pay any kind of mileage compensation for that?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Answer me a question. What do you have to do about city licsence when you work with them? In my part of the world there will be numerous small towns and to cut grass in every one of them one has to have a licsence. Do you have to buy a licsence in every one or are they covered in some way through Safeguard? If not it could get expensive down here.

All I have is a state Business license so I can have a tax number. I have never been stopped and asked for one.

I know guys that have no license and work for them.

2 years ago all my work for them was in north Alabama only got pulled over one time and all they did was make sure none if my equipment was stolen. I really don't think they pull people over and ask for a Business license if you do not have a name on your truck.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I understand they will want me to pull 60 miles or so in different directions. Do they pay any kind of mileage compensation for that?

You could end up 60 miles from home but you will do yards there and back.

I have a app called route 4 me it works real good to plan the route out.

I have had them pay extra for driving.
I had one yard was a 2 hour drive from any other yard I told them I would not do it they raised my pay $10 per yard to make up for the driving. At the time I was doing 100 yards per week. Sometimes it was cheaper to get a $30 motel then to drive home.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
All I have is a state Business license so I can have a tax number. I have never been stopped and asked for one.

I know guys that have no license and work for them.

2 years ago all my work for them was in north Alabama only got pulled over one time and all they did was make sure none if my equipment was stolen. I really don't think they pull people over and ask for a Business license if you do not have a name on your truck.

In the towns down here if you hope through town with a trailer with a zero turn on it they watch you. Immediately if they see you cutting grass they normally make you either load back up or buy a licsence.

I have my logo on my trailer too. That might be a problem.

I just got my tax #. Had been just using my Social Security number....

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a Safegaurd job today.

I would think with just a Business license you would be ok.
image-3750962122.jpg

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a Safegaurd job today.

I would think with just a Business license you would be ok.
View attachment 19650

It will but I have one in one town of 500 that costs $35 and one another town over that costs $85 and another that costs $112 per year and every little town in this part of the world is standing out there with it's hand out. I am sure that there are numerous others that are that way as well.