ROPE PULL EASE

wfm215

Threads
Back in business! Ran spark test on ignition coil. Nothing. No spark at all. Ouch! Verified .010 gap on both magneto legs. One leg gap was slightly tighter than the other. Purchased replacement magneto for $42. Followed instructions, lined up magnet points of flywheel opposite magneto legs with tag(piece of cardboard included with instructions and cardboard is .010 thick) between them. Tightened screws, rotated flywheel to remove cardboard tag. Few primers and pulled cord. Fired right up. Did 1/2 dozen shut-off's and repull 5 minutes apart. Practically firing on half pull. Engine running very strong and smooth. Rope pull ease silky smooth now.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Practically firing on half pull. Engine running very strong and smooth. Rope pull ease silky smooth now.

Great... enough spark and at the right time, makes everything easy...
Did you measure the pounds of pull after the fix... Just curious as to how it compared to the others... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great... enough spark and at the right time, makes everything easy...
Did you measure the pounds of pull after the fix... Just curious as to how it compared to the others... :smile:KennyV

This may be a stupid question, but how do you measure the pounds of pull on a starter rope? The only way I can think of doing it is to use a hand held scale, like a fish scale or the type they use in the produce sections of a grocery store, but I don't think either of those will measure much more than 15 pounds. :confused2:

wfm215

Threads
I feel like a dummy here. I stand corrected. Original statement of 50lb pull was hypothetical. Now than I'm thinking about it. I probably went from several to a few lbs with better spark during the pull. I'll tell you one thing, that new Snapper at the mower shop with the Honda engine was like pulling toilet paper off a roll. Sweet with steep price but sweet. I noticed the Snapper/Honda had a brace between the top of vac housing to the side of the engine that eliminates the plastic vac housing from shifting during the pull. Shop salesman said its one of the upgrades on the commercial mowers.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I feel like a dummy here. I stand corrected. Original statement of 50lb pull was hypothetical. Now than I'm thinking about it. I probably went from several to a few lbs with better spark during the pull. I'll tell you one thing, that new Snapper at the mower shop with the Honda engine was like pulling toilet paper off a roll. Sweet with steep price but sweet. I noticed the Snapper/Honda had a brace between the top of vac housing to the side of the engine that eliminates the plastic vac housing from shifting during the pull. Shop salesman said its one of the upgrades on the commercial mowers.

"Toilet paper off a roll..." :laughing: :laughing:
\
I think you should copyrite that slogan and sell it to Snapper so they can use it as a sales pitch....:thumbsup:

wfm215

Threads
Tuned up motor with oil change, spark plug, air filter, new blade, cleaned underneath deck. Got done, turned over, filled gas, primed, pulled rope and it broke - ouch!. Took rewind contraption apart, noticed rope jump wheel and was fraying. Installed new rewind band & rope, pull is very solid now.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Snapper Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Snapper Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

Um, Briana? This thread is over two months old...........Muhammad just let you loose or something? :laughing:

wfm215

Threads
Second year on rope and recoil band, pulls like new. Dealer tip, when converted to mulch mode, take the rope of the vac housing pulley because you don't have to remove the bag. Then it pulls straight out of the recoil. Super easy then. I'm still very glad I replaced that armature last year too. Excellent fire up and smooth running. I'm amazed this Briggs & Stratton 6hp is running this good for 12 years old now. Maybe it's because I change the oil, spark plug & filter twice a year in June and October.