Removing flywheel on push mower

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm sorry you don't understand thrust clearance. If you did you could readily see the precious roller bearings aren't being beaten on with a hammer. When the flywheel and shaft separate the only thing the bearings see is the weight of the shaft as the thrust of the shaft goes in the opposite direction.

I'll work on my own.

I understand a lot, been doing this work for the most part for the last 60 years. Yes I know how to install a crankshaft and set up the clearance. I could care less what anyone does with their equipment. The thing I would just like to know what is the sin of using a puller to remove a flywheel. everyone just seem dead set against it. Does it do damage where a hammer doesn't? For some reason I have seen the end of a crankshaft all beat up and you are telling me that is caused from a puller not a hammer. I don't think so. Also why would you think it is OK to pound on a roller bearing or thrust bearing. I am going to say go for it by all means because it means nothing to me. Not going to take place in my shop.

Parkmower

Threads
Got it wit mini sledge and pry bar. Light pressure on bar and a few whacks harder than before and it's off. Thanks guys