Recommended blade bolt pressure

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just use a Harbor Freight 1/2" drive torque wrench set to 50# and pull till she slips. So far so good.

Good idea. The threads on yours will still be good when others are wondering why the nut won't tighten.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
guys, OK new to me ...so you would need an assortment, like 30-40, 50-60 etc.. How do the pit crew guns work besides costing a lot?

edit. I just looked at HF site...damn, stay humble and learn from fellow enthusiasts... good stuff

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 15 piece set.
Ashamed to say I have only used one and not on a mower.

I just make my blades bolts tight.
I think next time I change blades I will check them with a torque wrench to see how close I am to 70

katit

Threads
SnapOn has them by piece, should be better than Harbor Freight junk, but one stick probably cost more than whole set from HF :) I was thinking about getting one for my cars but figured I do wheels 2-3 times a year and can do it without.

I use torque wrench on car wheels, on a mower I just get it on "good enough" with 1/2 impact. Never had any problems while doing this, but again, I did that 5 times maybe :)

Carheir

Threads
I have a 20 gal compressor and mainly use it to pump tires but one of the main duties is to blow off the mower at the end of a mow. Gets all the grass, leaves, etc from the deck, under the seat and off the hydros. I do have an impact wrench but haven't tried it on the blades. I got a torque wrench for tighting the blades.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dang!!!! important stuff!!!!!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carheir, I like your approach as a careful homeowner. This forum is composed of many people, some who make their living with mowers. Day-in, day-out experience with negligent homeowners probably produces a kind of cynicism in some professionals, while others are very patient. This forum is educative so you have to ignore occasional smug outbursts by otherwise helpful people. Keep up the keeping- up of your equipment. motoman

Carheir

Threads
Carheir, I like your approach as a careful homeowner. This forum is composed of many people, some who make their living with mowers. Day-in, day-out experience with negligent homeowners probably produces a kind of cynicism in some professionals, while others are very patient. This forum is educative so you have to ignore occasional smug outbursts by otherwise helpful people. Keep up the keeping- up of your equipment. motoman

Thanks, I don't sweat the trivial chit :laughing: