Raptor SD 54" (initial 5 hr oil change)

577jersey

Threads
I've seen that on your bobcat.... it makes too much sense LOL. When I had my raptor SD I went to the hardware store and got A 3' foot chunk of hose with the right size inside diameter to slip onto the nipple firmly.... then I just fed it through the frame and out by the discharge chute where I had my oil pan... I parked slightly downhill and it worked perfectly.
My new Fast Track has a drain short drain hose that does a complete 180 and faces towards the back where it can drip out of a hole in the frame...
Thats pretty cool bro..i really need to get one like the Bobcat has..I changed my oil twice so far and it was no problem,,i just dont have alot of trust in that little plastic petcock they use,,if its overtightened just a little it could strip out,leak or break..then you are screwed.

Datadave

Threads
Bobcat uses the Kawi FR on there CRZ model,they have a really nice drain hose built in to the engine,it flips down off a clamp,,Im going to see if i can get one from a Bobcat dealer and just bolt it on my FR :)
Hey 577jersey, I take it you are Kawasaki crazy. That's OK, I am Chevrolet crazy and just adore Drag Racing :thumbsup:
I may have chose a Kawi myself but it is no longer an option on the Raptor SD.
I needed a new mower, I needed to upgrade to zero turn, I needed to upgrade 42 to 54" and if $$$ were no problem
I would have chosen a Fast Track with Kawi engine - But - this if for Residential use only -
I do have tough Pensacola Bahia like is used in pastures hay fields and roadside erosion prevention.
I would wager it is the toughest grass in the world with roots over 3' deep. If it rains it grows seed tassels 2' tall in 2 days,
If not controlled will reach in excess of 3' tall and thick enough to choke down a bush hog.
So I needed a Heavy Duty - Zero Turn but I don't have a commercial budget. It took a lot of saving to get the Raptor Super Duty.
I hope it does the job but it will have to do it with a Kohler. "I think it will" just hope it last a long long time .
Will let you know
Dave

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The filter is done at the mower factory.
The oil is put in at the dealer most times.

When you order a engine from the engine manufacturers it does not come with a filter on it or oil in it.

577jersey

Threads
Hey 577jersey, I take it you are Kawasaki crazy. That's OK, I am Chevrolet crazy and just adore Drag Racing :thumbsup:
I may have chose a Kawi myself but it is no longer an option on the Raptor SD.
I needed a new mower, I needed to upgrade to zero turn, I needed to upgrade 42 to 54" and if $$$ were no problem
I would have chosen a Fast Track with Kawi engine - But - this if for Residential use only -
I do have tough Pensacola Bahia like is used in pastures hay fields and roadside erosion prevention.
I would wager it is the toughest grass in the world with roots over 3' deep. If it rains it grows seed tassels 2' tall in 2 days,
If not controlled will reach in excess of 3' tall and thick enough to choke down a bush hog.
So I needed a Heavy Duty - Zero Turn but I don't have a commercial budget. It took a lot of saving to get the Raptor Super Duty.
I hope it does the job but it will have to do it with a Kohler. "I think it will" just hope it last a long long time .
Will let you know
Dave
The 7000 has plenty of power,,its a great engine..I only have two kawis now and both are fairy low hours,,one has 80 hours the other on my RSD has about 50,,so far so good but I cant really tell you the new ones are good,,I did have older FC420V's with over 2K hours on them and still running strong,,one was even 6ft under in a river flood..lol..I can only hope the newer ones are half as good,my dad still runs my first Ferris walker with FC420,I put 2k hours on it back in the 90s and he has been cutting his lot with it for years now...cant kill those old Japan made 420s man,,best single Kawi ever built IMO :)

Good luck with your new machine brother,,i have one and use it everyday,,love it so far...as long as you take it easy on rough terrain and dont mind a little windrow in tall wet stuff once in a while you will be fine...I cut some pretty scary sloped lawns with mine,,if the mower doesn’t hold the bank I just ride up and cut back down,sometimes on a slight angle...8 PSI in rear tires causes a slight belly and works great!!

I dont think you have too worry about banks in FLA..pretty flat down there :)[/QUOTE]

Datadave

Threads
The filter is done at the mower factory.
The oil is put in at the dealer most times.

When you order a engine from the engine manufacturers it does not come with a filter on it or oil in it.
Thanks Carscw
If this is the case, The over tight filter stems from an Untrained, disgruntled or don't give a flip employee at the mower factory.
I hope they get whats coming to them very soon.
This could lead to bigger problems for the consumer, More than just the first oil change being difficult for the do it your self-er.
It could strip the threads on the filter nipple or create stress cracks that will break sooner of later.
Maybe some hidden damage that should be covered under warranty, but the poor consumer gets stuck with :mad:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every new repower engine that I have bought that was intended to have an oil filter had one installed, but no oil.
Kawasaki, Kohler, Briggs and Vanguards.
Most mower manufacturers run the machines with a portable fuel system prior packing them up for shipment.
They check the engine starting, PTO clutch, drives and other systems if installed. The portable fuel system is disconnected, the engine run out of gasoline.
Generally the machines are operated from final assembly, to final inspection, run out of gasoline and crated for shipment.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a reason the us mechs have an assortment of oil filter wrenches, drip pans, drain pans, oil withdrawal systems, etc.!

Datadave

Threads
Good luck with your new machine brother,,
I cut some pretty scary sloped lawns with mine,,if the mower doesn’t hold the bank I just ride up and cut back down,sometimes on a slight angle...
8 PSI in rear tires causes a slight belly and works great!!
I dont think you have too worry about banks in FLA..pretty flat down there :)
[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha we call it bagging the tires down here, lowering tire pressure helps get you through some deep sand.
You ever hear of the dragons tail in North Carolina? 318 curves in 8 miles
Florida has 8 curves in 318 miles :laughing:

577jersey

Threads

Ha Ha we call it bagging the tires down here, lowering tire pressure helps get you through some deep sand.
You ever hear of the dragons tail in North Carolina? 318 curves in 8 miles
Florida has 8 curves in 318 miles :laughing:[/QUOTE]
Hahaha,,yeah belly them out!!!
My buddy went to the Dragons tail twice,once with his vette and other time with his Busa 1300R...I always wanted to go but never did...ever see the tree of shame on that ride??
Its awesome!!
We usually rode RT 125 over in North East Pa,,its about as close as you will get to the Tail...great little circuit..has a 1 mile long straight where we would stop and ride wheelies for a couple hours..awesome times..too bad Im getting too old for that stuff now....
Sorry for the derail....

kraky

Threads
Wow.. I drink a fair amount of Bud Light but you guys have lost me. I can usually BS with the best of them but some of this stuff is Way Beyond me...2 ft grass in 2days?
Dang... I'm glad Im in Wisconsin...lol. this forum can be fun sometimes but I think we possibly could have drifted a tad from the original post...just a tad....lol!