Questions - Kawasaki FR691V

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Besides, I got my stimulus check so I can afford to change the oil! View attachment 67970
Good for you. I am still fighting to get mine. The IRS just keep sending un-cashable checks. I got another $2000+ check Tuesday that I had to return because of the Idiots at the IRS can't get a simple thing straighten out. My refunds all been tied up since 2019 because of the simple mistake that the IRS refuses to straighten out. Too bad I can't sue them for the stupidity. The government protects their own.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That doesn't sound right.

What happens when you deposit the check?
Well my bank won't accept it as it is not made out to my correct name. I would have to forge it which I not going to do. It is $10,000, or 10 Yrs prison time, or both if I do.

Jimmy the Lock

Threads
If they just misspelled you name, most banks will accept it.

I guess if they misspelled it do badly it's not even your actual name, then they would be a problem.

You have the option of having your refund sent to your bank account via direct deposit.

You could open up a separate account just for that and once the money comes in and is transferred to your regular account the temp account could be closed.

I usually get a few bucks back each year and my CPA always has it sent to me by direct deposit.

Old Man 1550

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just in passing, I know some parts on the engines have to wear a little to seat, like piston rings. Sometimes the synthetic oil are too slippery for the parts to seat.
When you're dealing with an air-cooled engine, the temperatures can run to the extreme. Most V-twin air-cooled engines have different temperatures on the front and rear cylinders. Synthetic oil doesn't break down like blends or petroleum oils.
If it were me, I'd follow the owner's manual for the warranty period.
I am sure Amsoil is a good product. Personally, I have always used Royal Purple. It just a preference.
Smiles!

Jimmy the Lock

Threads
Yeah, I'll probably use the 10w40 blend for the first oil change and then for the first season

Them after that switch to Amsoil

I was thinking about the break in time for the engine so that's a good point.

Lawn Addict
Threads
there ya go..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Down the break - in path..