Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?

dalowryda

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?
If it's one oil I'd trust to run that lean, it's Amsoil. Just read some of their articles.

You can always run it halved. If ur calls for 32:1 run 64:1. It's easy to do the math and use a can specifically for it.

Or, if I feel I'm stretching the mix, I'll use leaded fuel, hoping the lead will do it's job and lubricate. In the years I've been doing that, pistons, chambers, pins and bearings look great. Much much better, cleaner, and less wear than relatives that use cheap oil at a rich mixture.
I tried halving the mix or there abouts and tried 65:1 with amsoil but it seemed off underpowered/fat/rich. Went back to my normal mix for everything else 90-95:1 and bobs your uncle

halltrash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been using Amsoil Sabre lubricants since they have been available. I have not had any oil issues in any of my 2 cycle engines. I have mixed it up to 128 to 1 with no problems whatsoever. I have Stihl and Husquvara chain saws trimmers etc. Yamaha and Suzuki 2 cycle motorcycles, Lawn Boy duraforce and Toro 2cycle mowers with the Suzuki engines. No problems with any of my 2 cycle engines using Amsoil products!!! And no I am not an Amsoil Dealer. I have used their lubricants in all of my vehicles including cars and trucks since the mid 1970s. It is expensive oil but engines and drive trains are even more expensive if failure is due to poor lubrication!!! You know the old saying "buy the best and cry once" Well in my opinion Amsoil is the best oil for me and I have tried many brands in my 70 years of expieriences!!! End of story!!! Go for it in your Lawnboy Duraforce just try to find sone ethanol free gas to mix it with for even better results!!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is the rub with 2 cycle premixes and carburettors .
The volume of fuel:eek:il introduced into the engine is dependent upon the size of the hole in the carb jets
As you thin the mix the amount of petrol increase and the amount of oil decreases
Thus you can end up running rich with the corresponding coking problems
These can then be misinterpreted as being too oily
Also slightly rich runs a little cooler and also a little slower
very rich will run hotter and loose power

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Canola or olive is best. Corn oil if you are making pop corn.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does Lawn Boy make any 2 smoke oil these days? What do they recommend? I think they might still have a telephone? Probably a free call.

Sure enough, little giggle search.

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT
Saturday & Sunday
Closed

USA & Canada: 1-800-526-6937 (1-800-LB MOWER)