Export thread

Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?

D

dfbrown

Hi everybody I have some questions for you. I have run amsoil 100:1 saber mixed at 100:1 ratio in my current echo stuff, toro with suzuki 2 cycle engines with no problem what so ever and burn very clean. I know the lawn boys recomend 32:1 as they have for years and use that old ashless oil from the stone age.

Does anybody are can you run amsoil at 100:1 in a lawnboy 10550 duraforce engine and be safe as far as lubrication is concerned.
Do some of the die hard lawn boy guys play it safe at 80:1 or richer??
Any feedback imaginable would be great as far as tid bids on what makes theses things run great for a long time and keep carbon build up to a minimum.
I also saw that the spark plug uses a bpmr4A at a .035 gap which it says in the book but that is HUGE. Is this common i guess.

It starts and runs good and has the slightest surge to it at fast idle and you can hear it surge when on slow rpm. RPM is at 3200 and change as I checked it with a snap on digital tach.

Everybodys Thoughts??

davbell22602

davbell22602

I dont even use this mix anymore cause my FS85R and other handheld equipment would smoke when using it. I used the one gallon mix packets and only mixed gallon at a time with one packet. So I cant recommend using this oil mix at all on any 2 cycle equipment mower or handheld equipment.

P

possum

The stone age was quite some time back. Calling everything by a new name does not mean anything new has really been invented . If you think Sabre will protect any two cycle engine then by all means use it at any rate you find comfort in. I have a Lawnboy. I use it most of the time with an Outboard type TCW3 oil. I always use 32to one.

robinb66

robinb66

At the risk of sounding repetative today's modern oils are for more advanced than they were 25 years ago, with the advances they've made in oil and lubrication technology, you could safely run some of the 50:1 ratio's and not worry. I wouldn't go to far past 50:1. but the advances in today's technology have pretty much eliminated the need for the old ashless blends.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

At the risk of sounding repetative today's modern oils are for more advanced than they were 25 years ago, with the advances they've made in oil and lubrication technology, you could safely run some of the 50:1 ratio's and not worry. I wouldn't go to far past 50:1. but the advances in today's technology have pretty much eliminated the need for the old ashless blends.

That's where I am on this issue. The newer oils are so much better I don't worry about using them at 50:1. It's probably OK to push it farther but I'm very protective of my LB collection.

I might add that this has been debated a lot in this forum. You can read about until your eyes cross. :confused2:

reynoldston

reynoldston

That is one of the advantages of Amoil. Yes more expensive to buy but you use a lot less of it. I use the 100 to 1 Amoil mix in all my 2 cycle engines. Even my antique Artic Cat snowmobile which calls for a 16to 1 mix.

davbell22602

davbell22602

100:1 ratio means theres like no oil in mix at all. How you gonna get oil to the bearings, rings, etc. if the mix ratio is 100:1. The Amsoil 2 cycle mix is junk dont waste your money on it. Just use 50:1 mix and you be fine.

reynoldston

reynoldston

100:1 ratio means theres like no oil in mix at all. How you gonna get oil to the bearings, rings, etc. if the mix ratio is 100:1. The Amsoil 2 cycle mix is junk dont waste your money on it. Just use 50:1 mix and you be fine.

No one agrees on oil. You don't know what you are talking about here, but do what makes you feel warm and fussy.

Carscw

Carscw

And here we are once again the good ole oil debate where no one is right and everyone is wrong.

davbell22602

davbell22602

No one agrees on oil. You don't know what you are talking about here, but do what makes you feel warm and fussy.

Neither do you. 100:1 mean its getting like no oil lube to the internal parts. Even 50:1 isnt really enough oil. 32:1 is where it should be.

P

Phototone

Whats the big deal about just using what the manufacturer recommends?? I see this oil debate as silly. Anybody who has taken a Lawnboy engine apart can see there is no "excessive" oil remaining in a Lawnboy engine, the bearings have just a little oil coating them. The only Lawnboy engines I have ever had that visibly smoked at any point when tuned up correctly are the Duraforce models with the above-deck muffler. I say just use the 1:32 ratio Lawnboy recommends regardless of the 2-cycle oil brand used.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Neither do you. 100:1 mean its getting like no oil lube to the internal parts. Even 50:1 isnt really enough oil. 32:1 is where it should be.

Yes Amoil spent big money testing there product and they are a well known company. I just don't understand how they stay in business because you say their product is so bad and no good? I am not saying your thinking is wrong and you do it your way because that is what you are comfort with. What I am saying don't try to say to me that Amsoil is no good and as a company they don't know what they are doing. I have used there product for years and as to their instructions and never had any problems with it. Yes I use the two cycle oil 100:1 and change my car oil every 20,000 miles as they tell me to. You don't have to agree with me but that is the way I do it. I do see a lot of Amsoil users on this forum so it can't be all bad.

Carscw

Carscw

I don't have a lawn boy but all my hand held equipment calls for 50:1 it's right there in the gas cap.

davbell22602

davbell22602

Yes Amoil spent big money testing there product and they are a well known company. I just don't understand how they stay in business because you say their product is so bad and no good? I am not saying your thinking is wrong and you do it your way because that is what you are comfort with. What I am saying don't try to say to me that Amsoil is no good and as a company they don't know what they are doing. I have used there product for years and as to their instructions and never had any problems with it. Yes I use the two cycle oil 100:1 and change my car oil every 20,000 miles as they tell me to. You don't have to agree with me but that is the way I do it. I do see a lot of Amsoil users on this forum so it can't be all bad.

I never said the Amsoil company isnt any good. Its just the 2 cycle 100:1 saber oil is a waste of money from exp on earlier post in this topic. I use the Amsoil XL oil in truck and like it.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I don't have a lawn boy but all my hand held equipment calls for 50:1 it's right there in the gas cap.

Not a thing in the world is wrong with that. If that is what your comfort zone is. Mine says the same thing and my Artic Cat calls for 16:1. My comfort zone just so happens to be Amsoil 100:1 in everything that uses 2 cycle oil except my scooters which are oil injected. Them I use just standard Wal-Mart 2 cycle oil. I have never had a lack of oil problem yet. Like I said earlier no one agrees on oil. Is there a Amoil sales person that is telling me I am wrong on this??? I am sure someone at Amsoil didn't get up one morning and just said lets start selling 100:1 two cycle oil. You can bet a lot of research went into this, in the sue happy country we live in.

Carscw

Carscw

Not a thing in the world is wrong with that. If that is what your comfort zone is. Mine says the same thing and my Artic Cat calls for 16:1. My comfort zone just so happens to be Amsoil 100:1 in everything that uses 2 cycle oil except my scooters which are oil injected. Them I use just standard Wal-Mart 2 cycle oil. I have never had a lack of oil problem yet. Like I said earlier no one agrees on oil. Is there a Amoil sales person that is telling me I am wrong on this??? I am sure someone at Amsoil didn't get up one morning and just said lets start selling 100:1 two cycle oil. You can bet a lot of research went into this, in the sue happy country we live in.

I have never used amsoil but I know it is one of the best. My brother inlaw sells it I guess that's why I don't use it.

R

rebelriggs

hey yall it aint the oil that is junk it has a type ove viscosited to it its the fuel the fule today is crap with lower burning emmissions and and its pretty much denutted to burn cleaner dont blame the oil lol

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

It's cold and wet outside so I have nothing better to do than join the endless debate over gas/oil ratios for two-stroke engines. :cool2:

I imagine that it might be safe to go higher than 50:1 but I love my old LBs and they are getting harder to find so I have to be careful with the ones I have.

reynoldston

reynoldston

It's cold and wet outside so I have nothing better to do than join the endless debate over gas/oil ratios for two-stroke engines. :cool2:

I imagine that it might be safe to go higher than 50:1 but I love my old LBs and they are getting harder to find so I have to be careful with the ones I have.

I feel the same way with my old 1973 Artic Cat snowmobile and that is the reason I use the 100:1 Amsoil. Parts are very hard to find for it anymore and if I do find parts they are used. Believe me I don't take chances any more then you. I could care less what anyone else uses so that is why I keep saying use what you are comfortable with. If you lose a engine it wouldn't cost me anything. Back when I was a young man and ran snowmobiles when ever I had the chance. I mixed the 16:1 oil and bought spark plugs by the case.

H

halltrash

I have been using Amsoil 2 cycle oils since the mid 70's at 100:1 in every 2 cycle engine that I own. The list is Stihl , Husqvarna, Lawnboy, Suzuki mowers and trimmers, Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki motorcycles. I have had no problems and have never lost an engine due to lack of lubrication!! No I AM NOT an AMSOIL dealer!!! But I am a preferred customer so I can buy their products at a good savings. Do not be afraid to try any of their products in oils,fluids and lubes because they all worked great for me!!!

L

LB8210

At 100:1 who is going to pay for a blown or worn out motor? The outboard motor companies tried it and and after thousands of motors blew up and replaced while in warranty they went back to 50:1 and these were full bearing motors that were water cooled not hotter running air cooled motors. And running a 16:1 motor bushing equipped motor at 100:1 ? Since any one doing so must feel oil is more costly than parts that may be very hard to find and at a high price. Oil is cheaper than parts and labor. Also when storing your motors this is what synthetic motor companies don' tell you about, synthetic motor and at 100:1 doesn't provide protection against internal rusting of motor parts and you may find a 100:1 motor stuck from sitting when unused in as little time as one month. A 16:1 motor may sit for 50years and suffer no ill affects protected by the fossil oil. Using current Lawn Boy oil at 32:1 in a full bearing 1972 and up Lawn Boy motor does not carbon up ports or stick the piston rings or fowl the plug. Having run very old two stroke motors on modern name brand ie: Lawn Boy Mercury Evinrude Johnson TCW oil at the manufactures recommended ratio of 8 to 1 and not fowled the plug or stuck the rings or worn out the cyls., pistons or bearings why use a oil at any ratio less than the engineer that designed it recommended. These factory engineers know more about their motors than the persons using these motors or an oil company salesman.

jakewells

jakewells

I use lucas 2t at 32:1 no smoke,stink,gunk pretty much trouble free since I got away from outboard oils that plugged my muffler and exhaust ports
cheap also at 4.99 quart.

E

earthworm

I use lucas 2t at 32:1 no smoke,stink,gunk pretty much trouble free since I got away from outboard oils that plugged my muffler and exhaust ports
cheap also at 4.99 quart.
I'd sooner err on the side of having a well lubed engine
NO to 100-1
YES to 50-1 , roughly , NOT exactly.
And I use a synthetic blend from Ace.
no troubles yet ; have been two stroking for nigh 50 years

reynoldston

reynoldston

I'd sooner err on the side of having a well lubed engine
NO to 100-1
YES to 50-1 , roughly , NOT exactly.
And I use a synthetic blend from Ace.
no troubles yet ; have been two stroking for nigh 50 years

Yes very much so YES to 100-1 Amsoil. I have been in the repair business well over 65 years. Lubrication has come a long ways in them years. It was 16-1 with 30 non detergent in my starting years or your 50 years ago. Come on, get with the times of today. Don't take my word for it but contact Amsoil and they can explain it much better then I can.

Fish

Fish

Yes very much so YES to 100-1 Amsoil. I have been in the repair business well over 65 years. Lubrication has come a long ways in them years. It was 16-1 with 30 non detergent in my starting years or your 50 years ago. Come on, get with the times of today. Don't take my word for it but contact Amsoil and they can explain it much better then I can.

So you are over 80 years old?

Fish

Fish

90? Wow, I am impressed...

reynoldston

reynoldston

So you are over 80 years old?

Might of pushed it on the years a bit with a little BS. I am 73 years old. I was also raised as a child on a farm and equipment was a way of life. I do recall the old chain saws because we ran a fruit farm and remember mixing the oil in the gas. We would fill quart glass contained out of a large barrel of oil. Also it was to me one oil that went into everything from tractors to chainsaws. Now as far as age go's how much do you remember as a child. I do recall in the middle 60's running snowmobiles and buying spark plugs by the case.

L

LB8210

The modern oils by Lawn Boy Mercury Johnson Evinrude do not carbon up the ports rings or pistons or foul plugs at 32to1 for Lawn Boy use. Nor at 16to1 in Lawn Boys. My experience using ratios as high as 4to1 also did not foul plugs on racing antique outboards or at 16to1 in bushing equipped classic 50s outboards. No one has talked about what happens to bearing equipped motors run on 100 or 50 to 1 ratios of synthetic oil when not in service for less than 1 month.They have and do get stuck, the rings rust to the cylinder walls and if that is happening you will also have rusting on the needles and journals. Leaving ridges on the journal surfaces which can and have caused engine failures. So as good as you may think synthetics are they have their own weaknesses. Using motors at less than the designed ratios set by the engineers smart enough to design them is ????. Modern oil TCW3 of the above manufactures will protect these motors in use and in storage better. Older motors that spent their lives running on oil at 32 or 8 to1 ratios have survived in large numbers in usable condition. Look at the number of survivors from the 50to1 era, they are found worn out if runnable at all, and in much smaller numbers. The outboard manufactures also recommended in the operators manuals that 50to1 motors used for water skiing or run at WOT for long periods to use 24to1 ratios for oil.

reynoldston

reynoldston

90? Wow, I am impressed...

I am glade you are impressed, it sure making me fell warm and fuzzy all over. Its almost like having sex.

qd-16

qd-16

Very well said LB8210! This is why it is so much easier to find surviving 3 horse Johnson/Evinrudes from the 50's than from the 60's and 70's when OMC went from a 16:1 to the 50:1 recommended oil mix.

I fixed and sold old outboard motors for a while and people were always amazed that the motors they had required a 16:1 fuel mix and not 50:1 like everything else.

S

startrite

Hi everybody I have some questions for you. I have run amsoil 100:1 saber mixed at 100:1 ratio in my current echo stuff, toro with suzuki 2 cycle engines with no problem what so ever and burn very clean. I know the lawn boys recomend 32:1 as they have for years and use that old ashless oil from the stone age.

Does anybody are can you run amsoil at 100:1 in a lawnboy 10550 duraforce engine and be safe as far as lubrication is concerned.
Do some of the die hard lawn boy guys play it safe at 80:1 or richer??
Any feedback imaginable would be great as far as tid bids on what makes theses things run great for a long time and keep carbon build up to a minimum.
I also saw that the spark plug uses a bpmr4A at a .035 gap which it says in the book but that is HUGE. Is this common i guess.

It starts and runs good and has the slightest surge to it at fast idle and you can hear it surge when on slow rpm. RPM is at 3200 and change as I checked it with a snap on digital tach.

Everybodys Thoughts??
In this thread you'll probably run into a lot of responses from old timers who will tell you to run it at the manufacturers recommendations of 16, 32, 40, and 50:1 depending on the age of your equipment. These people are scared like deer in the headlights and will only put their toes in the water on the lakeside instead of jumping in. It's just like the oil change companies brainwashing you into the 3000 mile oil change interval in your car. Why? Because they make more money if you do what they tell you to do! Lawn-Boy, TORO, Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, and many others are no different and make a lot of money selling you their branded oils. Once you give in to their cocaine tactics, you're hooked! The fact of the matter is that Amsoil was the first company to produce synthetic oil for 2-stroke engines over 43 years ago. After 43 years, you can bet that they know what they're talking about. Otherwise, they would be out of business. Personally, I run Amsoil Saber at 85:1 in all of my very expensive Stihl chainsaws, leaf blowers and string trimmers. I also use the same 85:1 Saber mix in my Lawn-Boy DuraForce equipped lawn mower. None of this equipment has any issues whatsoever except better performance, extended spark plug life, no smoke or carbon buildup and very low maintenance / operating costs. Best of all is one mix covers them all! Take the plunge, you won't be disappointed! Don't be a scaredy cat!:cool:

D

dcgrazier

I learned an expensive and valuable lesson. I used to mix Amsoil Saber at 100:1 in my Lawnboy. It worked fine for over 1 year. Then one day as i was mowing, the engine started to slow down and then quit. I thought it was out of fuel. I added some fuel and tried to start it. The engine pulled very hard but did start. It ran and then quit again after some noise. Long story short, the engine blew. When I tore it down, the connecting rod bearings had seized and the cap had broken also. The engine was toast. It could not be rebuilt. I had a replacement engine and put the mower back in service that way. I still use Amsoil in my 2 cycle engines. I think it is good oil. However, I mix the oil to the manufacturers specifications. If they call for 32:1, that is what I do. If they say the mix is 50:1, that is what the engine gets. I also use non ethanol gas for my 2 cycle fuel mix.

Boobala

Boobala

Man o man this thread is BETTER than Clinton n Trump goin at it ......

........http://opti2-4.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=165

I've used this 100-1 mix over 15 years in EVERY 2 cycle I've run, NEVER a problem..!! ..:cool2: ..:thumbsup:

L

Lawnboy77

Yes these oil threads are about as useful as political discussions, but what the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. The one on the left has been run on 32 to 1 for approx. 44 years, with one restoration, the engine was still a decent runner though before the overhaul. The one on the right has been run on 16 to 1 and 32 to 1 for approx 52 years with one mechanical restoration, and it also ran decent prior to the overhaul. If someone wants to run their equipment at 100 to 1 and prove the engineers wrong, more power to them, it's your equipment, do what you want.

Boobala

Boobala

Yes these oil threads are about as useful as political discussions, but what the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. The one on the left has been run on 32 to 1 for approx. 44 years, with one restoration, the engine was still a decent runner though before the overhaul. The one on the right has been run on 16 to 1 and 32 to 1 for approx 52 years with one mechanical restoration, and it also ran decent prior to the overhaul. If someone wants to run their equipment at 100 to 1 and prove the engineers wrong, more power to them, it's your equipment, do what you want.

Just like SEX... you never knew how GREAT it was , TILL you tried it !! ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:cool2:

P.S. Gorgeous machines you have there... looks as if you bought em new, and put em in a storage locker till now !!

L

Lawnboy77

Thanks! These 2 mowers aren't garage queens, I do have a couple that are static displays, but the rest are in the starting rotation. They really don't get that dirty during the green months, just a little dusty so I give it a wipe before I park it. I do have an all weather beater that I use to cut other property with, but if I washed it up it would look like new as well. Powder coating is the way to go.

L

lewb

Not to bring up another oil thread: my 2 cents is that 32 to 1 is going to cool motor the best. If you are not aware LB are air cooled, heat is what kills motors and seals. Synthetics or conventional oil will perform the same when mixed at 32 to 1. Only reason to use synthetic would be less or no carbon build up in exhaust port.

J

jp1961

Nice Lawn-boys and very nice lawns. I actually miss not being able to cut the grass, won't be long now, the robins have returned to Michigan, and it won't be long before I have to mow, thank God.

Great exercise too,,,lol.

Regards

Jeff

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Sorry, but I don't see the interest in 100:1, even if it works well. There is no cost savings to speak of because Amsoil is more expensive per ounce. There is no time savings because it takes the same time to mix 100:1 or 50:1. While Amsoil is a good product, it's not appreciably superior to several others so there isn't an operational benefit.

The only benefit I've seen is that it creates a lot of discussion.

Teds

Teds

... and it won't be long before I have to mow, thank God.

Regards
Jeff

Please seek professional counseling, if not for yourself, do it for your family!!!

unclelee

unclelee

Lol...Bob is the oil guy forums have had this same discussion for years...but all two cycle engines are not the same in design. Newer engines​ have roller bearings and have improved lubrication technology, older two cycles have bushings..Even duel bushings. So I don't think that any oil manufacturer can boast a one size fits all mix ratio and still be considered trust worthy.
Maybe going with what is proven to work is old fashioned...But if I am still around when your equipment has ran 40 or 50 years at 100:1 you can tell me I am wrong for mixing to manufacturer specs.

Teds

Teds

I think what's sometimes missed, is we're not comparing apples to apples. Oil technology has improved in the last 60 years.

Nobody is advocating running LawnBoy _Oil_ at 70-1 or 100-1. 32-1 ratio with LawnBoy oil has always been good for fogging mosquitos, but it sure plugs up the muffler with sludge. The hardest part is trusting a manufacturer when they have such diluted mixing ratios. While certain things on the internet forums should be taken with a grain of salt, I've read enough unsolicited testimonials from folks, particularly professionals, to think maybe it's not all snake oil. I bought a flat of single use Opti-2 pouches from that auction site. When those ran out a few years later, I bought a gallon jug and a hand pump. 2 pumps is enough for 1 gallon. Gallon should last a loooong time! If either my lawnmower or snoblower blows up or siezes, I'll let you guys know.

Boobala

Boobala

I think what's sometimes missed, is we're not comparing apples to apples. Oil technology has improved in the last 60 years.

Nobody is advocating running LawnBoy _Oil_ at 70-1 or 100-1. 32-1 ratio with LawnBoy oil has always been good for fogging mosquitos, but it sure plugs up the muffler with sludge. The hardest part is trusting a manufacturer when they have such diluted mixing ratios. While certain things on the internet forums should be taken with a grain of salt, I've read enough unsolicited testimonials from folks, particularly professionals, to think maybe it's not all snake oil. I bought a flat of single use Opti-2 pouches from that auction site. When those ran out a few years later, I bought a gallon jug and a hand pump. 2 pumps is enough for 1 gallon. Gallon should last a loooong time! If either my lawnmower or snoblower blows up or siezes, I'll let you guys know.

And as "Tonto" (the faithful Indian companion) would say to " The Lone Ranger " HMmm that RIGHT ...Kemosabe !

100 to 1 mix ... works in all of them ... Amsoil & Opti-2 ...best 2 cycle mixers made !!!

unclelee

unclelee

The best thing about these oil threads is that all the people that void their warranty and devalue their equipment in the market place, tell you that is what they have done.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

The best thing about these oil threads is that all the people that void their warranty and devalue their equipment in the market place, tell you that is what they have done.
This would be a boring forum if everyone knew what they were doing.

J

jp1961

I've only come across 1 Duraforce out of 5, that was truly wore out (bearing wear). Too bad I don't know what oil and ratio was used on that engine. It could be the engine just had many, many hours on it.

I have read threads on RCUniverse of guys runnings gas engines (2 cycles) in RC airplanes that ran their engine on 100:1 mix (synthetic oil), resulting in bearing failure.

Being old school (actually just old,,,lol), I agree with Lee and use 32:1.

I seem to recall some ultralight airplane manufacturer that tested several Rotax 2 cycle engines with various oils. After running each engine for several hundred hours, they found the engine that used Lawn-Boy generation II ashless oil showed the least wear on the internal engine components.

Regards

Jeff

L

lewb

If you can find some power valve rated 2 stroke oil, that would be the best at not building up in exhaust port running at 32 to 1. Even if you buy a gallon of 2 stroke oil at 40.00 (or 10.00 a Qt)a gallon that will not build up in exhaust port how long will that gallon last? Mowing my 5000 sq ft lawn once a week starting in mid April to Oct I will probably go through 5 gallons of gas. That is only 20 oz or 3/4 of qt. Amazon is probably the best place to find power valve rated 2-stroke oil that usually get shipped without shipping cost. Amsoil saber is power valve rated.

Teds

Teds

I agree that LawnBoy oil is designed to be run at 32-1, it would be foolish indeed to try and run "leaner" than this. Earlier mowers used straight weight motor oil at 16-1 ratio.

The key point to keep in mind here that seems to be missed, it's the oil itself that determines the mix ratio, not the equipment per se.

I was skeptical myself, but I have been using opti-2 for several years. What sealed the deal for me was one mix for all 2 stroke equipment. If you dig around there are a lot of professionals using it, people who can't afford downtime and need to get maximum use out of their equipment. They will run their gear in a week than some of us do all summer. If it didn't work they wouldn't use it, and we'd hear about it.

Excessive carbon plugs the muffler, and directly contributes to ring and cylinder scoring and/or glazing. Keeping the engine tuned is important. Keep an eye on the plugs, a 2 stroke won't burn as clean as a 4 stroke but the plugs should be dry and relatively clean burning.

Excessive oil in the mix actually leans out the air fuel ratio, a lot of folks think a little "extra" oil in the fuel mix protects the engine. It doesn't work that way!

nhyrum

nhyrum

If it's one oil I'd trust to run that lean, it's Amsoil. Just read some of their articles.

You can always run it halved. If ur calls for 32:1 run 64:1. It's easy to do the math and use a can specifically for it.

Or, if I feel I'm stretching the mix, I'll use leaded fuel, hoping the lead will do it's job and lubricate. In the years I've been doing that, pistons, chambers, pins and bearings look great. Much much better, cleaner, and less wear than relatives that use cheap oil at a rich mixture.

dalowryda

dalowryda

If no one has pointed this out amsoil saber professional passes all the standardized tests for 50:1 ratio but at 100:1 ratio 🤷‍♂️ I run all my equipment at 90-95:1 including a gold series 6.5 duraforce lawnboy

dalowryda

dalowryda

If it's one oil I'd trust to run that lean, it's Amsoil. Just read some of their articles.

You can always run it halved. If ur calls for 32:1 run 64:1. It's easy to do the math and use a can specifically for it.

Or, if I feel I'm stretching the mix, I'll use leaded fuel, hoping the lead will do it's job and lubricate. In the years I've been doing that, pistons, chambers, pins and bearings look great. Much much better, cleaner, and less wear than relatives that use cheap oil at a rich mixture.
I tried halving the mix or there abouts and tried 65:1 with amsoil but it seemed off underpowered/fat/rich. Went back to my normal mix for everything else 90-95:1 and bobs your uncle

H

halltrash

I have been using Amsoil Sabre lubricants since they have been available. I have not had any oil issues in any of my 2 cycle engines. I have mixed it up to 128 to 1 with no problems whatsoever. I have Stihl and Husquvara chain saws trimmers etc. Yamaha and Suzuki 2 cycle motorcycles, Lawn Boy duraforce and Toro 2cycle mowers with the Suzuki engines. No problems with any of my 2 cycle engines using Amsoil products!!! And no I am not an Amsoil Dealer. I have used their lubricants in all of my vehicles including cars and trucks since the mid 1970s. It is expensive oil but engines and drive trains are even more expensive if failure is due to poor lubrication!!! You know the old saying "buy the best and cry once" Well in my opinion Amsoil is the best oil for me and I have tried many brands in my 70 years of expieriences!!! End of story!!! Go for it in your Lawnboy Duraforce just try to find sone ethanol free gas to mix it with for even better results!!!

B

bertsmobile1

Here is the rub with 2 cycle premixes and carburettors .
The volume of fuel:eek:il introduced into the engine is dependent upon the size of the hole in the carb jets
As you thin the mix the amount of petrol increase and the amount of oil decreases
Thus you can end up running rich with the corresponding coking problems
These can then be misinterpreted as being too oily
Also slightly rich runs a little cooler and also a little slower
very rich will run hotter and loose power

S

slomo

Canola or olive is best. Corn oil if you are making pop corn.

S

slomo

Does Lawn Boy make any 2 smoke oil these days? What do they recommend? I think they might still have a telephone? Probably a free call.

Sure enough, little giggle search.

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT
Saturday & Sunday
Closed

USA & Canada: 1-800-526-6937 (1-800-LB MOWER)