Post your trailer setup

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
image-505290241.jpg

2015 truck, trailer was built specifically for me and picked up directly from the factory by me. Trimmer rack, line spool holder, blower rack, and spare tire mount. Led lights, electric brakes, 18' side ramp heavy diamond plate fenders.

I also pay taxes, insurance, licensing fees and 5 people on payroll during peak season. I'm not mad at the guy free styling skating under the laws. I just hope he isn't using any of the things my taxes are paying for. Like public schools, roads, police, fire, you get my drift. I could care less what that guy thanks about me. When I'm doing all the properties around what he's doing and his customer wants more they'll call me. The I'm

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
No no I litterly just said I don't care about condition of truck and can find lots cheap on Craig's a landscaper needs a truck or he cannot do his job right. I'll report anyone I can they will learn they need to be licenced if they are then I wasted the authorities time .

You say you use an suv a customer approaches you asks you to remove a pile of tree branches say apx 2 cubic yards what do you do.

I would say ok it'll be $25 I'd throw it in my truck right then

Whether you have a license or not is really irrelevant, like Carscw said the guy is just hurting himself but I wouldn't stoop so low as to turn the guy in either. Now I carry multiples in all my equipment and anyone who doesn't isn't really doing lawncare and if you don't your probably the guy that doesn't have a license.
Carrying multiples in equipment isn't about looking like you make big money or looking like you are the lawn gods it's about being prepared do the job, any job that comes up and not having to worry about down time should a piece of equipment go down. When it comes to the equipment I buy or someone buys you can buy what ever you like, what one person thinks is wasting money vs another person thinking is all just a matter of opinion and besides If a person is blessed with the ability to buy and use high end equipment it's not wasting money.

BTW Taskforcelawncare love the Truck:thumbsup:

sirrobbins

Threads
as stated in another thread, this is part time until spring 2016. I will have another truck by then. I had an s10 that pretty much died on me with over 200k miles. I ordered the 500 with a hitch so I could tow jet skis and honestly, the lighter the trailer, the scarier it is. With the z master, there is no scares on bumps but I avoid speed at most cost so I don't worry about too much. Trailer, equipment are both insured as well as a piece of mind. I'm well aware that if that trailer went airborne with the z master that is would throw my car into a jack knife or at least off the road. It will be different after Christmas. I'll also be getting a much bigger trailer and picking up 36" walk behind again. No standers for me. Just can't get used to the controls.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
as stated in another thread, this is part time until spring 2016. I will have another truck by then. I had an s10 that pretty much died on me with over 200k miles. I ordered the 500 with a hitch so I could tow jet skis and honestly, the lighter the trailer, the scarier it is. With the z master, there is no scares on bumps but I avoid speed at most cost so I don't worry about too much. Trailer, equipment are both insured as well as a piece of mind. I'm well aware that if that trailer went airborne with the z master that is would throw my car into a jack knife or at least off the road. It will be different after Christmas. I'll also be getting a much bigger trailer and picking up 36" walk behind again. No standers for me. Just can't get used to the controls.

Sometimes you just do what ever it takes.
As long as you are out there making money is all that matters.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
image-3645698376.jpg

Here's the '95 Chevy 2500, it's usually got magnetic signs on the doors, got the golf cart loaded today to go clean up and trim bush bushes at a nursing home.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
At times we run three weedeaters at one time. I have a total of 6. Right now one is torn up and I am not sure if it is worth fixing or I will scrap it. I have three of those that are Echo PAS units so I can multi task with each of them. We have multiples of hedge trimmers and I have two back pack blowers and one hand held blower as well. Having that equipment seems to make my business run smooth and eliminates down time.

I also have a covered trailer, use a crew cab 2500 Dodge with a 6spd standard and a Cummins. Run two zero turns much of the time and have a third that we run some times as well.

Not sure what that is supposedly making me and my crew appear to be. It gets the job done. Some times we could use more.

zmister11

Threads
At times we run three weedeaters at one time. I have a total of 6. Right now one is torn up and I am not sure if it is worth fixing or I will scrap it. I have three of those that are Echo PAS units so I can multi task with each of them. We have multiples of hedge trimmers and I have two back pack blowers and one hand held blower as well. Having that equipment seems to make my business run smooth and eliminates down time.

I also have a covered trailer, use a crew cab 2500 Dodge with a 6spd standard and a Cummins. Run two zero turns much of the time and have a third that we run some times as well.

Not sure what that is supposedly making me and my crew appear to be. It gets the job done. Some times we could use more.

Yep, I work by myself. And I still have two zero turns, 2 edgers,3 trimmers, one backpack blower, hedge trimmer, hand held blower. One of my biggest things this year was to try to get atleast 2 of everything. Like you said, to eliminate down time.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I get carrying 2 of everything.
But 5 trimmers for a 2 man crew.

All I am saying is it pisses my off when people judge others. Because they don't use what they use. ( truck, trimmer brand, mower brand.)

Maybe the guy doing yards with a riding mower in the back of is ranger. Don't pay taxes on the money he gets. Maybe it's side work just to pay the rent.
If you are worried about him then you need to step it up.
Me I will help that guy and give him the jobs I turn down. I know a handful of guys I give work to. I have not took on a new customer in a long time.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get carrying 2 of everything. But 5 trimmers for a 2 man crew. All I am saying is it pisses my off when people judge others. Because they don't use what they use. ( truck, trimmer brand, mower brand.) Maybe the guy doing yards with a riding mower in the back of is ranger. Don't pay taxes on the money he gets. Maybe it's side work just to pay the rent. If you are worried about him then you need to step it up. Me I will help that guy and give him the jobs I turn down. I know a handful of guys I give work to. I have not took on a new customer in a long time.

Right now I have 5 in my trailer. Course like I said somewhere already in this thread I think, three of them are PAS system Echo. Therefore I use those same power heads to run one set of hedge trimmers, a pole saw, and an edger.

On a side note we all got started some where. For me I was a Cub Cadet trimmer and a Poulan hand held blower and a Zero turn on an 8' trailer. I despise laws and using laws to shut the new guy down when he is trying to get his feet on the ground to make a living is not a cool thing to do. Regardless of how hard we all try. It is impossible to be in compliment to the point that there is not something that we could be cited for. We have too many stinking laws on the books. Most were put there because of some lobbyist padding some law maker's pocket to make it harder for a little guy to comply.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, I work by myself. And I still have two zero turns, 2 edgers,3 trimmers, one backpack blower, hedge trimmer, hand held blower. One of my biggest things this year was to try to get at least 2 of everything. Like you said, to eliminate down time.

I know plenty of one man crews that operate with what you have and more. I know one guy that doesn't leave his house with out having 4 mowers in his trailer, 2 Hustler Super Z's, a 36" GrandStand and a 30" TM push mower and he also carries multiples on all his hand held and blowers. A lot of what you do dictates what equipment you need to have or carry and like him I carry all my equipment when I go out.

Yeah anyone can go out and do lawn-care but the thing about carrying the right equipment and multiples is that it makes and leaves an impression on people. A nice truck, a clean trailer, clean mowers, being dressed appropriately, your price range, all those things matter if your out there trying to make a living at it vs trying to make beer money.