Post your trailer setup

MBTRAC

Threads
Not a dedicated landscaping/mowing trailer, but something I haul my JD415, LT155's, Iseki & Kubota B7100 FEL/BH's around on:-

This is my second attempt & maybe a little over the top, but has proved it's worth now many times for all sorts of tasks aeound the farms.
Basically it's a 11'6" x 6'3" modified 3.1 Tonne car trailer (10'2" 2.6Tonne fitted with crane) mounted with a Hiab crane/powerpack in a self loading/removable cradle so I can use the crane/powerpack independently of any trailer/truck mounting in the workshop & around the farms ( the crane was purchased reasonably, I already had the 5KVA genset & the 3KVA hyd pack to power it all up) - thought it might assist anyone looking for ideas for their trailer project "builds"
The crane/powerpack is made so it can to be easily removed & self loading to/from the trailer easily in less than c.10minutes, so after undoing a few bolts/cam locks it self unloads balanced by raising the module/cradle with the 2x hyd outriggers(which now both slide out to clear the sides of the trailer so trailer can be driven free from underneath the raised crane) & as the 3rd point of balance the lowered crane.
The crane powerpack/module is then lowered (secured by the same few bolts/cam locks) in a stand alone frame which has has 3PL tractor mounts also has a third manual outrigger for stability for independent use in the workshop or mobility around sites the farms on a tractor 3PL or stand alone use in the paddocks(it will lift c.3000lbs @ 6' to 1300lbs @ 12').
Out & about on farm sites the trailer crane /powerpack has proved extremely versatile, providing plenty of lifting capacity for yard/fencing/shed work, general repairs...etc., & the bonus availability of a genset, hydraulic power on hand......now if I can just add an air compressor, a welder & some LED lights on a telescopic pole, then maybe a hyd winch I think I might have the makings of a completely self sufficent outdoor "man cave"......if only I can get it back long enough from the mates who keep borrowing the thing.....
We usually team this up with our Landcruiser 6x6 which provides a mobile "on site" workshop capacity for most repairs/maintenance of our farm gear.

Attachments

• LF26032013.jpg
    LF26032013.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 120
  • LF26032013a.jpg
    LF26032013a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
  • TBN20032013c.jpg
    TBN20032013c.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Threads
Not a dedicated landscaping/mowing trailer, but something I haul my JD415, LT155's, Iseki & Kubota B7100 FEL/BH's around on:-

This is my second attempt & maybe a little over the top, but has proved it's worth now many times for all sorts of tasks aeound the farms.
Basically it's a 11'6" x 6'3" modified 3.1 Tonne car trailer (10'2" 2.6Tonne fitted with crane) mounted with a Hiab crane/powerpack in a self loading/removable cradle so I can use the crane/powerpack independently of any trailer/truck mounting in the workshop & around the farms ( the crane was purchased reasonably, I already had the 5KVA genset & the 3KVA hyd pack to power it all up) - thought it might assist anyone looking for ideas for their trailer project "builds"
The crane/powerpack is made so it can to be easily removed & self loading to/from the trailer easily in less than c.10minutes, so after undoing a few bolts/cam locks it self unloads balanced by raising the module/cradle with the 2x hyd outriggers(which now both slide out to clear the sides of the trailer so trailer can be driven free from underneath the raised crane) & as the 3rd point of balance the lowered crane.
The crane powerpack/module is then lowered (secured by the same few bolts/cam locks) in a stand alone frame which has has 3PL tractor mounts also has a third manual outrigger for stability for independent use in the workshop or mobility around sites the farms on a tractor 3PL or stand alone use in the paddocks(it will lift c.3000lbs @ 6' to 1300lbs @ 12').
Out & about on farm sites the trailer crane /powerpack has proved extremely versatile, providing plenty of lifting capacity for yard/fencing/shed work, general repairs...etc., & the bonus availability of a genset, hydraulic power on hand......now if I can just add an air compressor, a welder & some LED lights on a telescopic pole, then maybe a hyd winch I think I might have the makings of a completely self sufficent outdoor "man cave"......if only I can get it back long enough from the mates who keep borrowing the thing.....
We usually team this up with our Landcruiser 6x6 which provides a mobile "on site" workshop capacity for most repairs/maintenance of our farm gear.

Now that is cool! I like the Landcruiser! :thumbsup:

Threads
Here's my set up seems to work real good, a lot of room for some things you always need.

Attachments

• image-3267455738.jpg
    image-3267455738.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2240051751.jpg
    image-2240051751.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2631950334.jpg
    image-2631950334.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 123

mowerguy

Threads
Still have a few things to make for it. But trying to get it ready to go now in the next week or two.

Attachments

• image-2271716188.jpg
    image-2271716188.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3021349396.jpg
    image-3021349396.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 96

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
That looks really nice! I like the storage in the front, and I also like how everything is green...even the traffic cone! :tongue:

joshs handyman,
I'm taking bets on the side that you have a John Deere ZTR/Lawn Tractor:0)
I posted some pics today on the Gravely/Ariens forum(see link below if anyone wants to see my "bragging rights") of my Gravely with the Gravely Sunshade and the Advance Auto Parts Halogen Driving Light Kit I installed this winter. Next(when the yard really dries out from the recent Middle TN rain/snow flurries over the last two weeks) I'll be pulling the new "Gravely Red" 6x10 Lone Wolf Heavy Duty Tube Rail Utility Trailer that I bought directly from the manufacturer in Middle Alabama(took them about two weeks to build one and paint it red) around to the garage as soon as weather/yard conditions allow. I'll load the Gravely up on it and post some pics!!! Sooooo, do you have a JD????? If so, post another pic of your trailer with the JD on it so I can collect on my bets!!!!:0)

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/gravely-ariens-forum/879-gravely-ariens-owner-check-read-first-5.html

P.S.
You may have to scroll up from the bottom of that thread because the "Manage Attachments" feature gave me a fit trying to upload all the pics in a single post.

Threads
Mower

Good guess lol I have 2 820, and a billy goat vac that is green to lol with the attached pics you can see I tried to bring the flow to the dump truck without over doing it. I love the deere haven't had any problems but the push mowers a junk.

Attachments

• image-3199007595.jpg
    image-3199007595.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2041154818.jpg
    image-2041154818.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 82

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mower

Good guess lol I have 2 820, and a billy goat vac that is green to lol with the attached pics you can see I tried to bring the flow to the dump truck without over doing it. I love the deere haven't had any problems but the push mowers a junk.

Nice setup!!! And you've made me a rich man(just kiddin:0)
Sorry about the push mower, ole user lawn mower fanatic will chime in and tell you all the virtues of owning a Honda HRX(even though it doesn't come in green:0)

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice setup!!! And you've made me a rich man(just kiddin:0)
Sorry about the push mower, ole user lawn mower fanatic will chime in and tell you all the virtues of owning a Honda HRX(even though it doesn't come in green:0)

Spray paint...

Dtchweed

Threads
Very Nice Trailers all look good and clean Good Job Guys:thumbsup: