Post your trailer setup

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good for you then. I think we both have a different way of running our business and it's fine. As long as we make a profit and do a good job.

A competitor parks close to my shop. 65-70 K trucks, huge Kubota for snow removal, three container shop, enclosed trailers, etc. All mostly on payments. I don't know how he does it. His trucks are leases and all busted up...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't forget Cars there are two extremes. You can finance everything or pay cash for everything. If you ask me, it is important to have a credit card. Having a credit card builds you a good credit score. I try my best to pay everything cash. But, sometimes a little financement doesn't hurt. I don't have a new truck. Mine is an 04 and if you look at my pictures it looks good. No rust and I clean it. Same with my machines. Not the newest (except Ferris), but they run and I do routine maintenance on them.

I do believe there is a difference between a 150$ trimmer and 400$ trimmer. The motor, the shaft, etc.

Having a good credit score can pay big benefits in the long run and having a credit card and financing a car, mower etc is a good way to build a good credit rating which in this day and age if you want anything in life is basically a must and it's not really an extreme. I really can't remember when I paid cash for anything. I use a Debit card for everything. The problem with paying for everything with cash is you always end up settling for less and it's hard to pay cash for everything when it's all direct deposited in the bank or CU. Besides how would you use cash to buy anything online or pay bills etc. :biggrin:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having a good credit score can pay big benefits in the long run and having a credit card and financing a car, mower etc is a good way to build a good credit rating which in this day and age if you want anything in life is basically a must and it's not really an extreme. I really can't remember when I paid cash for anything. I use a Debit card for everything. The problem with paying for everything with cash is you always end up settling for less and it's hard to pay cash for everything when it's all direct deposited in the bank or CU. Besides how would you use cash to buy anything online or pay bills etc. :biggrin:

I don't say this to you often, but I agree with you. But, some just finance too many things and end up drowning in debt.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't say this to you often, but I agree with you. But, some just finance too many things and end up drowning in debt.

Yeah I agree with you, you can go over board and end up hurting yourself. You have to watch what your doing and pay some things off before making to many purchases. Building good credit is like running a business, it's always covering your overhead.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Paying with a debit card is paying cash as it is your money. Tell me how a good score helps when you pay for things with cash. ( do not finance)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Buying anything on a credit card that you can not repay on the first statement is a plain stupid thing to do with the interest rates credit cards charge.
Particularly when you can get vendor finance interest free ( not really it is built into the cost price ) or at very low interest rates particularly near the end of the season when vendors are eager to get the stock off the floor.
I use my credit card for daily expenses and where possible for paying all bills except the monthly parts statements.
This is done for no reason other than keeping them all together so I have a very easy tax record.
The work card only ever gets used for work expenses.
Personnal expenses are paid cash with the debit card or real folding stuff.
This goes right down to grabbing a drink or pie when I get fuel.
The tax auditors did not believe me and spent a whole day marrying up line on the credit card statement to reciepts in the big big box of mixed up POS receipts .
This means at the EOM I have only 5 pieces of paper to worry about + adding up the payment in the diary & the direct deposit payment. Dead easy.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Paying with a debit card is paying cash as it is your money. Tell me how a good score helps when you pay for things with cash. ( do not finance)

There's no cash involved with a debit or credit card transaction, it's automated funds. A debit is an ACH payment which is an electronic network for financial transactions in the US. They process large volumes of credit and debit transactions in batches at certain times of the day. That's how vendors paid and people get there Pension and Social security checks.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I pay credit because it ended up that way. With Debit the fee would of been higher. Visa keeps things simple. I always pay my Visa bill fully. I don't understand people that stack up expenses and only pay half + 20% interest.

Having a good credit can make it possible for you to buy a nicer bigger house, truck, cottage, dream boat, mower for a big job, etc. Also, if you do big landscaping jobs, the expenses can stack up and you may not have all the cash to buy the supplies. If you are happy with paying everything cash then good for you. But, according to me, you need to spend some to make some. Also, leasing is 100% tax deductible. So, why not instead of paying more taxes?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
There's no cash involved with a debit or credit card transaction, it's automated funds. A debit is an ACH payment which is an electronic network for financial transactions in the US. They process large volumes of credit and debit transactions in batches at certain times of the day. That's how vendors paid and people get there Pension and Social security checks.

A debit card uses money you already have in the bank. When 99% of the people in this world say they only pay cash. This is what they talk about. Paying cash means you bought a item without financing or putting it on a credit card. I thought everyone knew this.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I pay credit because it ended up that way. With Debit the fee would of been higher. Visa keeps things simple. I always pay my Visa bill fully. I don't understand people that stack up expenses and only pay half + 20% interest. Having a good credit can make it possible for you to buy a nicer bigger house, truck, cottage, dream boat, mower for a big job, etc. Also, if you do big landscaping jobs, the expenses can stack up and you may not have all the cash to buy the supplies. If you are happy with paying everything cash then good for you. But, according to me, you need to spend some to make some. Also, leasing is 100% tax deductible. So, why not instead of paying more taxes?

Have never heard of paying a fee to use a debit card.

Just because some do not have enough cash flow to back a big job or buy a new boat does not mean that others don't.
I pay my mortgage off every 3 years then take a new mortgage on the house I live in. This is only for tax reasons.
I spend around $60.000 a year on racing. tax deduction for advertising.
My feelings are if you have to finance it then you don't need it. I don't get how people can alway owe money.