Personal SRX75

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes there can be big price differences. What I just wish is for stated sizes of after market be the actual size of the belt being sent. You probably know as well I do different specs can affect the fit and sizing. Yes I do have a few model here that uses a size smaller belt that the spec'd belts. And of course my personal MTD mower is running a 5/8 deck as I just kept burning up the 1/2 belt due the grass I cut and the larger engine that is on it. I actually running a Husqvarna sized belt on it.

At one time I used a lot A&I as they were the size they stated on the belt sleeve but that no longer the case. I had to change many customer installed A&I belts because of this. I also had problems with Stens belts, not a lot, but still every once a while I get that is long than the stated size which of course causes problems. I can trust more than A&I. It seems so far the PIX belts are what they say they are size wise.

MTD products is the exception as they use odd belts and you general have to use their belts especially when it come to drive belts.

Oh well off to the bank with all the millions I made last week of repairs.? Barely enough to even pay the bills.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Placed an order on JD website for the belt at about 9:00 this morning and 20 minutes later the local dealer called and said it was ready for pickup.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Got the belt on... trick is to route around the spindle then the idlers.
Fired it up, tested it out for about 1 minute and it wanted to die... under load.. wouldn't run great at full throttle, idle, it was okay, found the fuel line coming out of the tank (it goes from 3/8" i.d. to 1/4" i.d.) the 3/8" piece has definitely seen better days and is collapsing.

SamB

Threads
Got the belt on... trick is to route around the spindle then the idlers.
Fired it up, tested it out for about 1 minute and it wanted to die... under load.. wouldn't run great at full throttle, idle, it was okay, found the fuel line coming out of the tank (it goes from 3/8" i.d. to 1/4" i.d.) the 3/8" piece has definitely seen better days and is collapsing.
Quoting the wonderful Roseanne Roseannadanna:..."It just goes to show you,It's always something!"

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
New 3/8" fuel line and she's ready for the spring/summer now.
The bad part about working on other peoples stuff, i tend to neglect my own equipment of preventative care.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think most of us mechanic are usually guilty of that. I always fixing others equipment and having to patch up mine until I can get spare time to do the job right. Right now I patched up my rear differential in my truck until I can get around to replacing the planetary and satellite gears along with RH axle and bearings. It drivable but I don't like it as I know what is wrong with it. The damage was found when I was repairing an axle seal leak.

Just more cost than I have money to fix right now but in the Summer I will get it done when I have the spare change. It one those things running a seasonal business. This year's budget is already in the red quite bit until the repairs are completed and I get paid. It kinda strange to my books showing just a small negative figure but is how I account for part purchases. They not wrote off until parts are sold. Boy I hate running on a shoe string budget. Sometimes it is a sewing string budget.:cautious: