OK... Let's See Your Mower!

Parkmower

Threads
Sorry I do this from my iPod and I can't rotate them in my library or when I attach them to the post

limey-g

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I am a new member here in Ontario, Canada , we have a 50 acre farm and around the house we keep about 9 acres groomed.
For the big area we use a Bolens g214 21hp diesel tractor with a 60 inch mower on the 3 point hitch
We breed dogs and have large fenced exercise areas and for these my wife uses a Massey Feruson lancer mower that has the deck out front which is great for cutting into the fenced area corners. I am always amazed how she zips around on her mower and although only a 44 inch cut she gets done really quickly and then helps me with the larger areas.
Geoff

bumper crop

Forum Newbie
Threads
here's my '67 jacobsen chief 1000. currently looking for replacment blades. i'd appreciate any leads...

jacobsentumblr.jpg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
currently looking for replacment blades. i'd appreciate any leads...

There are MANY places to get blades...
What size blades are on the deck?
Length(diagonal), Width, Thickness, Hole size... ? is it a flat or offset blade? :smile:KennyV

bumper crop

Forum Newbie
Threads
i know there are. but not for this mower.

i have all the pertinent info.

1 blade: 18 15/32, 1/2 inch center bore, 2 half inch outer holes.

2 blades: 12 15/16, same bore and outer holes.

they are flat. not offset.

i cannot find anyone that makes that configuration.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll see if I can find them...
1. Did you measure length diagonally?
2. How wide is the blade?
3. How thick?
4. What is the spacing, center to center, of the two other holes?
5. Is there a lift wing?
6. Are these cut for a CW rotation? = right hand side discharge....
With those 6 answers, we should be able to find blades... :smile:KennyV

vanda

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have always thought of mowing on a riding lawnmower as being quite a 'zen experience'. I can remember the first time I saw a zero turn mower. I was driving to work and saw a business being mowed with a Dixie Chopper, I almost ran off the road trying to look at what it was! From then on I knew I wanted one! In 2005 my husband bought me a slightly used Gravely Promaster 252Z, Kohler 27hp. I was so excited and the first time I rode it I almost ran into a tree! I would mow at any opportunity and when I was done with my yard I'd be eying the neighbors yards, they loved the benefit of my new mower! My husband was always on top of maintenance and fixed whatever needed attending to. Unfortunately, in 2009 my husband passed from cancer. I still mow but I must say I'm running into some issues with my beloved mower that I can't seem to figure out.

It started with needing the fuel line pickup tube with the filter on the end of it that goes into the gas tank. For some reason the right tank was not in use before we purchased it, can't remember why. So I took that hose off and put it in the left gas tank. Then the next summer it began being hard to start. This summer the only way we can get it started is to pull the hose off at the fuel filter, make sure it fills up with gas, clamp it back on and then it seems to start. So new boyfriend & I decided it must need a new fuel pump....so I ordered it yesterday. But today it didn't want to start again and DB blew into the fuel filter and not only did it blow air into the left tank but you could feel air in the right tank also. So we pinched the hose to the right tank and then the mower would start. I thought this was quite odd because the tank switch on the front of the mower is set for the left tank. How could air go to both tanks.

I had to write Gravely to find the part number for the fuel line pick up tube, they sent me part# 03900200. do you know if there is a kit for this and what the part# might be.

sorry for so many questions.

Vanda in Florida

I'm not sure where to start. I know I need to order the gas hose with filter for the right tank. They

Attachments

• Gravely PM 252Z.jpeg
    Gravely PM 252Z.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 37

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Gravely site has this page for information - you will need the model and serial #.
Ariens Order Owners Manuals

Hope you can find the manual !

Sounds to me like your fuel tanks have a connecting line and the filters and lines may be plugged or partially blocked.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Vanda & WELCOME to LMF....

Replacing the pickup tube and filter should not be a major problem... If you can not find the exact replacement parts, you can go to your local friendly auto parts, take the old pick up tube and filter... most likely they will have the fuel line and filter in stock to make it up....

A big problem with gasoline mowers with 2 tanks is the tank selector valve, another problem is OLD gasoline... Depending on how large an area you mow you can go a LONG time on one tank.. and if you just keep filling the empty tank and never switch to the other... that other tank will get OLD and turn bad, then much later when it is selected, a lot of junk fuel and crud will be pulled into the fuel lines and carb causing on going problems...
Diesel systems are not as bad that way as diesel will not go bad as quickly as gas...

If I were using a gasoline system and was not going through fuel in both tanks quickly... I would disconnect the fuel lines at the selector valve and run only one tank into the engine... Then drain and clean the other tank, cap it off and never put fuel in it... That could insure fresh fuel most always... :smile:KennyV

vanda

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Gravely site has this page for information - you will need the model and serial #.
Ariens Order Owners Manuals

Hope you can find the manual !

Sounds to me like your fuel tanks have a connecting line and the filters and lines may be plugged or partially blocked.

BKBrown,

Thank you for your response & warm welcome. I appreciate the link the the manual. I am familiar with the Ariens/Gravely website. I have every manual & parts list downloaded that I can find from both Gravely & Kohler. I'm wondering if the fuel valve switch could be the issue instead of the fuel pump. Glad the pump didn't cost that much. I don't think the fuel lines are blocked or it wouldn't have had air go into both tanks when we blew into the fuel filter (blowing back towards the gas tank.

Vanda