Export thread

OK... Let's See Your Mower!

Limit: 500

M

Muhammad

Hey Everybody,

Please reply to this thread with some info and/or photos of your mowers and other mowing equipment. Let's see those mowers!! :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Ventrac 4200 with Mower attached. :thumbsup:

Ventrac Mower.jpg

The Ventrac is Articulated and Oscillating - I not only mow lawn, but also do the back of our pond dam using the dual wheels (8 total on machine) this tractor is low center of gravity and has all the power I need. 31 HP gas Briggs/Dihatsu 3 cyl. all power attachments mount on front and it has hydraulics front and rear.

M

Muhammad

Nice rig... I assume that's a quick attach setup on the rear? How much lawn to do you take care of with it?

BKBrown

BKBrown

Nice rig... I assume that's a quick attach setup on the rear? How much lawn to do you take care of with it?

Yes - Quick Attach both front and rear you can see whole line at Ventrac.com --
I would say all together about 3 acres of grass finish and rough (we have 10 acres) I said in another thread that I have the Aerator, Mower, Excavator Bucket, Plow Blade, Blower (leaf etc.), and Snow Blower. I use tham all at different times and they all attach or come off in just a min. or two. Also have the dual wheel set (go on in less than 5 min.). Made in USA ! :thumbsup:

A

alvanko

I've used this for 10 years now. 2 cylinder diesel. Mitsubishi MT372D. 4X4 with a 48" Woods belly mower. It has a 3-point and standard PTO so it is very versital. OLD but dependable and that Woods puts down an impressive cut!(I'd be interested in selling if anyone is interested)

Attachments

V

Varooom

Here's a pic of my John Deere 425, I custom built the loader myself from scratch, no plans, made everything except for the pins and hoses. Lifts about 500 lbs.. Also have a 54" mower deck that I use when the grass gets tall.

Attachments

Y

yetisas

My lawn tractor of 15 years finally died yesterday, It was a husky bought at TSC when I built the house in '95. Had to finish the lawn with my Toro walker that I haven't used in 4 yrs but started on the 1st pull. Trying to decide if I should get another lawn tractor or a zero turn mower?? Any ideas? Have 10 acres only 2 or 3 in grass. Since my Toro fired right up I'm looking at their zero turn 42 or 50" What the experts have to say?

C

Cvans

Just a thought from my experiences, Zero turns don't work well on side hills. They are always wanting to turn down hill. If your yard is basically flat the zero turn would be my choice for just lawn mowing.
Chris

grnspot110

grnspot110

I've used a Bush Hog M2554 ZTR for the last nine years! Being a John Deere garden tractor collector, I found a 48" JD F525 late last summer. I like it better for mowing the acre or so at home. Last week I bought a JD 790 Compact w/loader & 60" Woods 3-pt finish mower to mow the picnic ground, pond lots, & building lots at the farm. So I've sold the Bush Hog. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

C

ccj1

I sure do covet those tractors. I have a Country Clipper residential Z. It does the job in some tight spaces with a 42" deck. I have a few small walk behinds, for trimming and areas the Z can't deal with. I could really use a small front end loader. Pic is from the Country Clipper web site, as I don't have one of my own. The cool features of this mower are the flip up deck, and one handed joy stick operation. The flip up deck is a great feature!

Attachments

R

RayCo

I'm liking the creation of this new forum, because while I love my TLB, my heart is still in smaller garden tractors for some reason or another. Here are the tractors that I've had in the past few years.

Gravely 18-H
DSC01153 (Large).JPG

JD LX176
DSC00673.JPG

1973 Wheel Horse 18 Auto (First of the D series)
DSC01001c.jpg

Wheel Horse D-200
IMG_1292.JPG

Ford LT8 picked up last weekend
TraileredHome.jpg

Cub Cadet
Katelyn.jpg

C

Calvin

Here is one of mine.
Calvin

Attachments

H

Hitch_Itch

My lawn tractor of 15 years finally died yesterday, It was a husky bought at TSC when I built the house in '95. Had to finish the lawn with my Toro walker that I haven't used in 4 yrs but started on the 1st pull. Trying to decide if I should get another lawn tractor or a zero turn mower?? Any ideas? Have 10 acres only 2 or 3 in grass. Since my Toro fired right up I'm looking at their zero turn 42 or 50" What the experts have to say?

Like others have said, Hills are bad for zero turns, I just bought a 54" husqvarna zero turn, most of my lawn is flat except for my sand mound, the sand mound is a little bit of a challenge, other then that I love it, its so fast and cuts great

dusty-t

dusty-t

Some of my stuff. 1988? B8200 4x4 Hsd. 1978? Steiner S18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOtZLMU-k30

Attachments

rmancini

rmancini

attachment.php

John Deere 277LX. This model has AWS (All Wheel Steering) which is extremely handy for going around trees, etc.

The appendage on the back is my Cyclone Rake. Holds a tremendous amount of clippings, leaves, etc.
A 5HP gas engine provides a powerful vacuum while cutting.
One of my better investments.
Rich

essasmallengines

essasmallengines

I have two Deere and two Craftsman, both Deere have decks the craftsman each have a trailer, one home made out of another craftsman tranny and rear wheels.

Attachments

A

Adrian Dang

Some of my stuff. 1988? B8200 4x4 Hsd. 1978? Steiner S18

hi, Dusty-T, first time seen the FEL balde. how it works? may i have a look at videos of it?

D

deputyrpa

I have an International Cub Cadet 982 with a 60" commercial deck, and a 1968 Ford 120 with a 42" aluminum deck to mow about 2 acres of lawn.

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

hi, Dusty-T, first time seen the FEL balde. how it works? may i have a look at videos of it?

Hi Adrian. Wow you get into a lot of different stuff. Very nice. That blade is a very simple thing. Most of the front blades will angle to the sides. This one will not. But what it does do is tip far enough forward that you can use the top of the blade to back drag very effectively. I will try to get one of my boys to take a vid. :biggrin:Dusty

ruster1

ruster1

OK, here is my STUFF... Simplicity ZT2050 (recently sold).. Simplicity Prestige 2354 (for sale).. any my Ventrac 4200 VXD with Turbo Diesel... needed it for my slopes.. like a dream.. cant wait to cut now.. used to dread it.. the 72" deck does a great job.. surpirsed as I was spoiled by the Simplicity cut.. I also purchased the 60" blade and got a free slip scoup for mulch and gravel etc..

Attachments

B

BlueGrass

Ok I see all the tractors now where are all the push mowers? I'll have to take a pic of mine when it isn't raining out and post it on here another day. It's been raining in our area for the past couple of days and it looks like we have 2 more days of the stuff. :frown:

essasmallengines

essasmallengines

Push mowers? We don't need no stinking push mowers:laughing:

M

Muhammad

Push mowers? We don't need no stinking push mowers:laughing:

For me, it's either a trimmer or a riding mower. :biggrin:

dusty-t

dusty-t

View attachment 32

The Ventrac is Articulated and Oscillating - I not only mow lawn, but also do the back of our pond dam using the dual wheels (8 total on machine) this tractor is low center of gravity and has all the power I need. 31 HP gas Briggs/Dihatsu 3 cyl. all power attachments mount on front and it has hydraulics front and rear.

Nice machine, My Steiner was probably one of its oldest ancestors. It is so old it does not have a serial no. I bought it with a bad engine. Great little machine. So I can only imagine how good yours is.:biggrin: Dusty

Ric

Ric

View attachment 283View attachment 183View attachment 181View attachment 182
Just purchased the G 1336 WB May 15th, I'm a Cub Cadet Believer :thumbsup:

G

glastron23

my huskie on the front lawn....

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Nice machine, My Steiner was probably one of its oldest ancestors. It is so old it does not have a serial no. I bought it with a bad engine. Great little machine. So I can only imagine how good yours is.:biggrin: Dusty

The sons of Marvin Steiner started making the Ventrac when the new owners of the Steiner tractor name started to make the Steiner Tractors less sturdy and reliable. The older Steiners (like yours) were well built and the Ventrac is all Commercial grade. There is an album with some pictures on this forum. Have you seen the Ventrac web site ?

I'd love to see some pictures of your early Steiner. :thumbsup:

Grass ala Mowed

Grass ala Mowed

Here's a pictureof my "daily driver." I also have a DR 15 hp pro at the camp if my soon to be ex hasn't taken it too.

dusty-t

dusty-t

The sons of Marvin Steiner started making the Ventrac when the new owners of the Steiner tractor name started to make the Steiner Tractors less sturdy and reliable. The older Steiners (like yours) were well built and the Ventrac is all Commercial grade. There is an album with some pictures on this forum. Have you seen the Ventrac web site ?

I'd love to see some pictures of your early Steiner. :thumbsup:

I have read the Steiner story and I have been to the Ventrac site and watched as many vids on youtube as I can find on steiner or ventrac. I am a do it yourself, build it your self kind of guy. Steiner is real stingy on books and such on their machines. Thankfully mine is a very simple machine. The blade is a gravely and so is the broom. The reason I bought it was for versatility, lots of attachments I can buy or build. So far I have a blade, broom, roller and 4ft mower.:biggrin: Dusty

BKBrown

BKBrown

I have read the Steiner story and I have been to the Ventrac site and watched as many vids on youtube as I can find on steiner or ventrac. I am a do it yourself, build it your self kind of guy. Steiner is real stingy on books and such on their machines. Thankfully mine is a very simple machine. The blade is a gravely and so is the broom. The reason I bought it was for versatility, lots of attachments I can buy or build. So far I have a blade, broom, roller and 4ft mower.:biggrin: Dusty

I understand that most of the attachments are interchangable (will fit on both) I have the 60" mower, blade, excavator bucket, aerator, snow blower, and leaf blower -- all work great and mount in just a couple min. -- also have the dual wheel set.

dusty-t

dusty-t

I understand that most of the attachments are interchangable (will fit on both) I have the 60" mower, blade, excavator bucket, aerator, snow blower, and leaf blower -- all work great and mount in just a couple min. -- also have the dual wheel set.

It is my understanding that a snow blower will not work that well on my machine, but I have a 48" off of a cub that I can alter fairly easy to work on the steiner. If you look at the pctures on my album you will see that I had to do some mods to the broom and the steiner to make the gravely broom work. Ideally I would like to put a hydraulic pump an the steiner to run other attachments. I would like to build a power box rake for starters.:biggrin: Dusty

Y

YooTeeAyud

My pretty baby!

Attachments

M

Muhammad

My pretty baby!

Nice mower... I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Badboy mowers lately.

S

Stevie-Ray

OK, don't laugh, but this is about as close as I can get. Difference is mine's not a high-wheel job, and the deck is grey-blue instead of red. But it's been a great mower for 12 or 13 years and I've never needed more. Until now, that is. I need to start looking at riders for my new house. (1.28 A)

Attachments

Mkevald

Hello

This is my John deere X540, what a great machine.:smile: And my lawn roller. The X540 pulls it like nothing.

sywh6s.jpg

L

Leisure67

Few of mine.
viking.jpg

T

The Toolman

1979 wheelhorse c-101
2009 craftsman Pro- PYT 9000 24/42

Ronnie :biggrin:

Attachments

K

KennyV

My main mower is this CTL Turf Runner. 4 cylinder Kubota Diesel ZTR with a 6 foot finish mower or a monster flail. Also have a Snow Blower for winter. Mowing inside a cab is great, snow blowing is even greater... KennyV

Attachments

K

KennyV

For larger area mowing, It's L4200 Kubota with AC sickle for mowing ditches and around pond or side clipping tree limbs.
I mow my large spaces with same tractor and a 11 foot Toro gang set or a 7 foot LandPride finish mower behind it... Nothing like cold AC and hot tunes on the stereo with mowing. KennyV

Attachments

I

indypower

Here is my 2009 Poulan 16.5/42. Had it on the ramps to change blades to Gator Blades.

ramp-setup001.jpg

B

Bush Trimmer

Few of mine.
viking.jpg

SWEET!!! :thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Got my mowing finished yesterday, before the rain came today...
Kubota L4200 with a 7 foot Land Pride rear finish mower... KennyV

Attachments

E

EverGreen

Ok Leisure67 I love the little collection you got going there! I'm in the market for a riding mower do you think John Deere is the best or which one should I be looking into? There are so many to choose from and I want to make sure I get one that will last awhile.

K

KennyV

Ok Leisure67 I love the little collection you got going there! I'm in the market for a riding mower do you think John Deere is the best or which one should I be looking into? There are so many to choose from and I want to make sure I get one that will last awhile.

EverGreen ... you will have to get into a good time machine to locate the "best" John Deere...:wink:
It looks like Leisure67 has a fairly good time machine going...

'no iron like OLD iron' I do love old equipment. :smile: KennyV

B

BlueGrass

:thumbsup: I probably have something similar to you then because mine is a gray deck with smaller back wheels. We bought a new house and it has a much bigger lot then the one we are at right now so I'm thinking that after we settle into the house we will be looking at riding mowers.

OK, don't laugh, but this is about as close as I can get. Difference is mine's not a high-wheel job, and the deck is grey-blue instead of red. But it's been a great mower for 12 or 13 years and I've never needed more. Until now, that is. I need to start looking at riders for my new house. (1.28 A)

V

VRman

I have a Kubota BX23 - FEL, BH w/Bro-tek Thumb, Ripper & Trencher, 60" MMM, 48" Kubota Tiller, 48" Howse BB, 48" Howse Rotary Mower, Bro-tek Skid Plates, Pat's Easy Change System.
I also own a Kubota ZD326P mower. (pictured with my 76 yr old handicapped mother!! she's unstoppable!):thumbsup:

Attachments

L

Leisure67

EverGreen,
I am sure that John Deere is the best... my opinion may be a little one sided:biggrin:
I dont know much about the newer machines but as far as the pre '90 John Deere's go I would say that the 318 is one of the best that Deere made. They are a well built machine with hydrostatic, power steering, turning brakes, aux. hydraulics, & a lot of available attachments. They were & are a very popular tractor which makes them fairly easy to find.
There are a lot of other brands out there that are very well built as well which I'm sure doesnt make your decision any easier.
Here is a picture of my 318.
110-blade2-1.jpg

M

Mac 624

Here are our walkbehinds:

Bild005.jpg

on the right a SABO with Suzuki 2stroke engine. In the middle a Toro with 2stroke engine and on the left the Klippo Mulcher.

Zimco

Zimco

May be cheaper than gasoline.

Attachments

J

JayC

Uh...what's a mower do?

JayC

Attachments

K

KennyV

Uh...what's a mower do?

JayC

:laughing: Ha ha
Hey JayC looks like you maybe set your mower a little too low ... :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Here are our walkbehinds:

Bild005.jpg

on the right a SABO with Suzuki 2stroke engine. In the middle a Toro with 2stroke engine and on the left the Klippo Mulcher.

That's an interesting fleet, Mac.

Anything with a two-stroke engine interests me -- as you might guess.

Question regarding the mulcher on the left: what does the pivot point in the handle do? I've never seen anything like that.

M

Mac 624

The lever is for shifting gear. Klippo has Slow-Neutral-Fast. Front drive. Neutral means, that the mower also can be used without selfdrive.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

The lever is for shifting gear. Klippo has Slow-Neutral-Fast. Front drive. Neutral means, that the mower also can be used without selfdrive.

Actually, my question was about the whole X-shaped handle, which I now believe is designed to come apart for easier storage. I've just never seen a mower with a handle in that shape.

Here's my two-stroke mower, an incredible Lawn Boy model 7266.

Lawn-Boy-front.jpg

This is a photo of my faithful Jacobsen. It's only a B&S four-stroke so it's obviously inferior but I keep it 74 miles away from the Lawn Boy so it won't get a complex.

Jake-2.jpg

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

This one isn't a lawn mower - it's a rough-cut mower - good for brush clearing. It's a Billy Goat brand and has a Honda model GXV340 engine -- alas, a four-stroke, but at least it has overhead valves. The mower has three forward speeds and reverse.

Billy-1.jpg

M

Muhammad

Actually, my question was about the whole X-shaped handle, which I now believe is designed to come apart for easier storage. I've just never seen a mower with a handle in that shape.

Here's my two-stroke mower, an incredible Lawn Boy model 7266.

Lawn-Boy-front.jpg

I used to have that exact same Lawn Boy... also had the bagger attachment on mine. No photos. :smile:

M

Mac 624

35 years ago, Lawnboy was offered by Stihl. Same design like on the pic. I do not know, if they ever have sold one.

The Xshape of the handle at the Klippo? You can not see it on the pic very clear, but there is a screw, which can be loosen with one hand, so You can go beside the mower, to reach corners or work under bushes.

KLIPPO -

New Model, but nearly the same the ours.

briggs

briggs

here is my 60s vintage jacobsen 2 stroke it runs and cuts pretty good for its size

Attachments

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

UGLIEST MOWER CONTEST 2010

Here's my entry, enter your if you like, however I think the winners clear:rolleyes:

Attachments

M

mramd

heres my deere i been workin on gonna be snowblower rig

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

M

Muhammad

heres my deere i been workin on gonna be snowblower rig

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Love the tires and the "smoke stack" exhaust pipe. :thumbsup:

O

oldfatguy

O

oldfatguy

my oldest mower

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss125/oldfatguy/20090816124707.jpg

is this 1950 toro star lawn, it has the briggs npr6 engine, it is a big heavy brute that still runs and works perfectly. I also have two Sensation lawn mowers from about 1971, the Sensation may be the best lawn mower ever made

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Re: my oldest mower

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss125/oldfatguy/20090816124707.jpg

is this 1950 toro star lawn, it has the briggs npr6 engine, it is a big heavy brute that still runs and works perfectly. I also have two Sensation lawn mowers from about 1971, the Sensation may be the best lawn mower ever made

Do you have a picture of the Sensation mowers? What's special about them?

K

KennyV

Do you have a picture of the Sensation mowers? What's special about them?

Hey I thought I remembered that name... They were a nice well made cast aluminum body with very basic light weight maneuverability in it's design... Here is a video of one this guy has repainted... IF this is the model oldfatguy is referring to...
YouTube - Bobcat- Sensation 21 inch mower
Good mower... :smile:KennyV

O

oldfatguy

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss125/oldfatguy/20090816124651.jpg

yes that's it, I have two a 18 inch and the 20 inch , out of all the antique mowers that I have those two get the most use. They have a nice thick cast aluminum deck that will last for ever. The bagger attachment is rather hard to find it was a metal frame with wire screen sides that fit on the pin over the chute. In 1970s they were one of the better made mowers out there.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Hey I thought I remembered that name... They were a nice well made cast aluminum body with very basic light weight maneuverability in it's design... Here is a video of one this guy has repainted... IF this is the model oldfatguy is referring to...
YouTube - Bobcat- Sensation 21 inch mower
Good mower... :smile:KennyV

I watched the video -- thanks KennyV.

I happened on this video of a 1937 Jacobsen -- almost all original. And, yes, it's a two-stroke.

K

KennyV

I happened on this video of a 1937 Jacobsen -- almost all original. And, yes, it's a two-stroke.

Two Stroke:
VERY cooooollllll
Thanks for the reminder of how "handy' the loose rope pull starters were...:laughing:
I do remember the first time I came across the auto rewind recoil starting rope system... I thought it was almost magic....
I just LOVE you tube... you can sure burn a lot of time looking at things... Everything can be found there. :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

VERY cooooollllll
Thanks for the reminder of how "handy' the loose rope pull starters were...:laughing:
:smile:KennyV

My first mower had a loose rope starter.

I just LOVE you tube... you can sure burn a lot of time looking at things... :smile:KennyV

Correct.:biggrin:

J

JD140

Here it is my 1970 140 H1 that my grandpa used for 30 years and then decided he was ready for a new one. Thanks grandpa. The 80 cart is not mine but i do have a 54" snow blade for it as well.

Attachments

I

irbylawn

Here is some of my stable of mowers.

Attachments

M

Muhammad

Awesome equipment guys, keep em comin... :thumbsup:

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

SAM_0297.jpg SAM_0908.jpgSAM_0913.JPG

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

Here are mine: (along with a few other pieces of equipment)

Attachments

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

Oh, I almost forgot Big Orange:

Attachments

M

Muhammad

Nice setup... do you mow with the FEL and BH attached?

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

Nice setup... do you mow with the FEL and BH attached?

Thanks Muhammad, we have only mowed with it twice, and we took the FEL & BH off both times. Pretty easy to do. :thumbsup:

G

Giles

P3110015.jpg
My new to me Gravely G16 owned less then one year and a WheelHorse C175 I have owned about 30 years. It has well over 2K hours and is 90% original--never in weather.
Two Fantastic pieces of machinery:thumbsup:

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

View attachment 1309
My new to me Gravely G16 owned less then one year and a WheelHorse C175 I have owned about 30 years. It has well over 2K hours and is 90% original--never in weather.
Two Fantastic pieces of machinery:thumbsup:

The Wheel horse: an excellent strong built well engineered piece of equipment, had one of these myself and it was brilliant.

twall

twall

@ 07drummerboy:

That LawnFlite(?) RER in your album is pretty cool - and a grass-catcher even! :thumbsup:

HA! I'm NOT the only RER guy anymore.......not by a long shot.....since we've had such an influx of new members! I have front-engined tractor-style mowers, too.......but the RER suits my situation perfect right now, so that's my niche!

poncho62

poncho62

Long grass doesn't have a chance around here.......

HouseApr2010009Medium-1.jpg

mopar043Small.jpg

mopar044Small.jpg

May222010007Medium.jpg

Brushmower019Medium.jpg

twall

twall

HouseApr2010009Medium-1.jpg

Now THAT is a helluva tractor.........:smile:

That got the Tecumseh or the Kohler? Judging by the lack of a fan screen, I'd say the former.........

poncho62

poncho62

Now THAT is a helluva tractor.........:smile:

That got the Tecumseh or the Kohler? Judging by the lack of a fan screen, I'd say the former.........

Yep...a Techumseh 10 hp.......I found a screen for it...Its a fun tractor. I have a blower for it too..

May222010001Medium-1.jpg

twall

twall

Yep...a Techumseh 10 hp.......I found a screen for it...Its a fun tractor. I have a blower for it too..

Ever notice how well single-stage works on a massey or a Wheel Horse, yet they are TERRIBLE as a walk-behind? Why are old Tecumsehs always missing that screen? :laughing:

Jetblast

Jetblast

Looking at that magnificent Massey Ferguson caused me to gasp with such force that my dentures dislodged and flopped about on my desk for several seconds. What a machine. :thumbsup:

Edit: A special mention for high quality photography.

twall

twall

Looking at that magnificent Massey Ferguson caused me to gasp with such force that my dentures dislodged and flopped about on my desk for several seconds. What a machine. :thumbsup:

You forgot the [/QUOTE] end tag when you deleted the

Jetblast

Jetblast

You forgot the /QUOTE end tag when you deleted the part...:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Whatever you think you saw was probably due to the wide stance I take while typing.

twall

twall

Whatever you think you saw was probably due to the wide stance I take while typing.

:wink: all fixed, I see. :laughing:

Carl Bert

Carl Bert

Ok heres mine. Best little tractor I have ever owned, and I have had quite a few.

0731001533.jpg

bakerg

bakerg

Here's my Massey.:biggrin:

Attachments

N

NJsnapper

I feel like small potatoes with some of the pictures of the mowers you guys own, but here is mine.. :)

Attachments

bakerg

bakerg

I feel like small potatoes with some of the pictures of the mowers you guys own, but here is mine.. :)

Hey, if it does the job and your happy with it , that's is all that matters.:thumbsup:
Nice little machine.

N

NJsnapper

thanks.. VERY happy with it

twall

twall

What's small potatoes? You've got one of the most expensive (and arguably the highest quality) RER's ever built (next to the new Snapper/Simplicity model)!

CajunCub

CajunCub

I Love my New Cub Cadet LTX 1046 Hydro w/ 22 HP Kohler,46"cut:licking:
100_2145.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2160.jpg

100_2156.jpg

N

NJsnapper

sweet cub, cajun!
:thumbsup:

bakerg

bakerg

Sweet ride,:thumbsup: Manufactures are sure coming out with some nice looking machines lately.:biggrin:

CajunCub

CajunCub

Thanks, it really is a strong, smooth riding, clean cutting mower & very fuel efficient. The mower used approx. 2 gallons to cut my 1.5 acers the first time out of the box, and the 2nd time...even bagged the whole yard over & over, it use less that 1.5 gallsons! Talk about some break-in increases. The reverse cutting over-ride option is sweet too.

twall

twall

Found a pic of my 1997 JD 14SB Walk-behind! (had to crop it, though....) :laughing:

Attachments

Jetblast

Jetblast

Nice.:thumbsup: I didn't know such a machine existed or I would have bought one for my last house. With that 12" turning radius it would have been perfect.

M

Muhammad

I Love my New Cub Cadet LTX 1046 Hydro w/ 22 HP Kohler,46"cut:licking:
100_2145.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2160.jpg

100_2156.jpg

Now that's what I call BRAND SPANKIN NEW! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mystreba

mystreba

Drool, drool, drool....

mystreba

mystreba

Reading that caused me to laugh with such force that I nearly choked to death.

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

@ 07drummerboy:

That LawnFlite(?) RER in your album is pretty cool - and a grass-catcher even! :thumbsup:

HA! I'm NOT the only RER guy anymore.......not by a long shot.....since we've had such an influx of new members! I have front-engined tractor-style mowers, too.......but the RER suits my situation perfect right now, so that's my niche!

There a great mower i like them both as the rer is a reallt great at getting around the garden, and the bonneted mower is great for long stretches of any lawn.:)

twall

twall

There a great mower i like them both as the rer is a reallt great at getting around the garden, and the bonneted mower is great for long stretches of any lawn.:)

I'd personally like to see more pics of what you've got in your avatar, drummerboy!

sduncan000

sduncan000

I got mine last August and have loved it ever since

Ferris IS2000X 52" / 25hp Kaw:
DSC03139.jpg
DSC03140.jpg
DSC03143.jpg

I have almost 10 hours so far from late last year, but they have been 10 fun hours!

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

I'd personally like to see more pics of what you've got in your avatar, drummerboy!

OK ill Put some pictures up

twall

twall

OK ill Put some pictures up

Especially that thing in the foreground - looks like an AGWAY.

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

Some more of The Fleet :)

Attachments

twall

twall

HA! THAT is the Wheel Horse I was talking about in the WH forum!!!!!!

Vertical shaft, probably aluminum transaxle, yet looks like the big, Kohler-powered ones!!!!! Thank You! What model is that? Nevermind. Saw it - A800. I'd love to find one of thoise. My neighbor had one, and I mowed with it a lot.

Back to oogling your pics.....:wink:

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

yerp thats the one an excellent WH sold it not long ago.

twall

twall

yerp thats the one an excellent WH sold it not long ago.

Too bad it wasn't to me! :laughing:

Please post the pics of that tractor in the WH forum, in my thread, (I bumped it for you) so people know what I'm talking about. Thanks.

N

NJsnapper

thats a heck of a fleet! Love the weights on the front of the RER Husky :)

jmurray01

jmurray01

I don't have a picture of mine just yet, but here is the website page for it:

Sovereign Petrol Push Rotary Mower - 149.3cc from Homebase.co.uk

mystreba

mystreba

I don't have a picture of mine just yet, but here is the website page for it:

Sovereign Petrol Push Rotary Mower - 149.3cc from Homebase.co.uk

Great - looks like she'll get the job done!

jmurray01

jmurray01

She sure will! :)

07drummerboy

07drummerboy

thats a heck of a fleet! Love the weights on the front of the RER Husky :)

Thanks sold the Husq today :)

mystreba

mystreba

Some more of The Fleet :)

I'm calling an intervention!

JDgreen

JDgreen

Got my two newest pushers out today...the silver and red machine is a YardPro (made by Husqvarna) with a Kohler Courage XT-7 173cc

THe black and yellow one is the Brute I got at Menards last year for under $200 after the mail in, store use only rebate check. It has the 190cc Briggs. Both can either side discharge, mulch, or bag.

Attachments

twall

twall

Got my two newest pushers out today...the silver and red machine is a YardPro (made by Husqvarna) with a Kohler Courage XT-7 173cc

THe black and yellow one is the Brute I got at Menards last year for under $200 after the mail in, store use only rebate check. It has the 190cc Briggs. Both can either side discharge, mulch, or bag.

Do you like the FWD systems? I always hated them - prefer RWD....

JDgreen

JDgreen

Do you like the FWD systems? I always hated them - prefer RWD....

Have never owned a RWD push mower myself, I am too cheap to spend the extra money on that feature. Have owned a LOT of FWD pushers, of numerous brands. The only time I would prefer RWD is when I have a huge bag full of grass, but I rarely bag anything but leaves.

Carl Bert

Carl Bert

Thats a beautiful little tractor. Wish I had a Massey dealer near me. Didn't I see you on TBN?

H

Hamhands

My main two mowers are both John Deere brand. The compact tractor is a 955 with the Yanmar 3cyl diesel. I have quite a few attachments including a model 70 loader, 72 inch finish mower, five foot brush hog, back blade plus a variety of garden implements.
The lawn/garden tractor is a A320 JD that was new last year. I tried a cheap brand...and got what I paid for. So far this 320 preforms great.
The 955 is a 1997 model that I bought as a demo. With about 900 hrs on it, it has done everything I asked it to. A real workhorse. My local dealer says it is probably the best compact that Deere has built.
I live on 10 acres and mow about five. I wanted a front mower but have steep hills around my pond and the ditch and was advised that they were not so safe on inclines like that.
Am new here so just trying to introduce myself. Thanks for a site where I can chat and get and maybe give some advice.:thumbsup:

Attachments

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Here are some of mine. The John Deere is a 2006 X520 with 312.5 hour as of the picture.
2n1xoxk.jpg

Here is the evil twins 1974 and 1977 MTD 990 super garden tractors.
2mqkdbd.jpg

And last and not least my 1978 Sears GT/11.
6jjzgo.jpg

twall

twall

I really like that Sears.......:thumbsup: Make a nice resto!

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

That's the plan. Want to get the 1974 MTD 990 back in workable condition first.

JDgreen

JDgreen

My main two mowers are both John Deere brand. The compact tractor is a 955 with the Yanmar 3cyl diesel. I have quite a few attachments including a model 70 loader, 72 inch finish mower, five foot brush hog, back blade plus a variety of garden implements.
The lawn/garden tractor is a A320 JD that was new last year. I tried a cheap brand...and got what I paid for. So far this 320 preforms great.
The 955 is a 1997 model that I bought as a demo. With about 900 hrs on it, it has done everything I asked it to. A real workhorse. My local dealer says it is probably the best compact that Deere has built.
I live on 10 acres and mow about five. I wanted a front mower but have steep hills around my pond and the ditch and was advised that they were not so safe on inclines like that.
Am new here so just trying to introduce myself. Thanks for a site where I can chat and get and maybe give some advice.:thumbsup:

Always nice to see another member from Michigan who knows the best equipment is GREEN....:thumbsup:

The Deere 955 was my dream tractor when I owned my 318, I lusted after one for many years before I finally purchased my 4210. Agree with the statement about that model being the best CUT JD ever built.

Welcome to LMF....

mystreba

mystreba

Sweet setup!

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Good looking set up. Having used a 955 I must say that your dealer is right it is one of the best tractors John Deere has ever made.

mystreba

mystreba

Here are some of mine. The John Deere is a 2006 X520 with 312.5 hour as of the picture.

I like the evil twins! I've got a couple of those myself, although mine are only 12 years old. Finally got them onto the tractor and had them working all day! They were so happy to get a chance to drive the tractor that they didn't complain once about all the work :thumbsup:

twall

twall

That's the plan. Want to get the 1974 MTD 990 back in workable condition first.

I was only one year old when that was new......

I'm a 1973 model.....:biggrin:

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

I like the evil twins! I've got a couple of those myself, although mine are only 12 years old. Finally got them onto the tractor and had them working all day! They were so happy to get a chance to drive the tractor that they didn't complain once about all the work :thumbsup:

Yes those two are evil. I have scars from both of them. I can't wait to get one of them running again so I have something to drive around the yard with.

Twall so you are saying that you are almost ancient.:laughing:Well you are doing better than the tractor, the tractor does not run and you are still kicking.

H

Hamhands

2n1xoxk.jpg

2mqkdbd.jpg

6jjzgo.jpg

Those evil twins make me wish I had time to restore something like that! With seven grandkids into everything from Tball to lacrosse and Taekwondo to track most of my time is spent in the grandstands. Did a 9N about 15 years ago and enjoyed that. Now mostly admire the work others do at tractor shows. Love to see yours when they are finished.:thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Graduated High School 3 years before you were born !
Guess that makes me an old bugger !
:biggrin:
I was only one year old when that was new......

I'm a 1973 model.....:biggrin:

twall

twall

BKBrown said:
Graduated High School 3 years before you were born !
Guess that makes me an old bugger ! :biggrin:

Yes, yes that would. :biggrin:

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Those evil twins make me wish I had time to restore something like that! With seven grandkids into everything from Tball to lacrosse and Taekwondo to track most of my time is spent in the grandstands. Did a 9N about 15 years ago and enjoyed that. Now mostly admire the work others do at tractor shows. Love to see yours when they are finished.:thumbsup:

The 1974 (one on left) is a very nice original machine so I will keep it the way it is. The 1977 will get restored in the next yr or so.

rer

rer

Here is mine. 70 something Sears Suburban powered by Wisconsin aenl and a 2002 Snapper ReR re-powered by Briggs and Stratton 5.5. And don't forget the chicken coop.

Attachments

B

Bobrien

She's a little dirty and will get a new paint job after the mowing season is done. She cuts perfect and can hold her own plowing the small amounts of snow that we occasionally get here in Washington.

Attachments

twall

twall

Bobrien,

Even though the purists may tell you that "isn't a real JD" (probably because it's not a $45,000, collectable, state-of-the-art, at least 5000 series, zero turn, CUT, blah, blah, blah), I happen to think it's cool. :thumbsup: It's rare to see one that small with the headlight option. Most were opted out. (not to mention the hydro)

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Bobrien good looking 165. I cut my teeth on a 185 with a 38 inch mower. Talk about a mowing machine.:smile:

nine51

nine51

Here's my new toy. 2011 Craftsman LT2000. 19.5 HP Briggs Gold Series engine, 42" deck, foot pedal CVT. I have a 1/3 acre yard but the ol' arthritis is getting to my hip so mowing with a walk-behind self propelled is starting to get painful. Enter the yard tractor. I make a quick pass around the yard with the Lawn Boy to cut close to the bushes and planters, then cut the rest with the Craftsman. The green machine is a 5 year old Lawn Boy 2310 variable speed self propelled. Nice mower.

I use my 4 post garage lift to get at the blades for sharpening and other maintenance I might need to do. Beats lying on my back on the concrete floor. I also have some old steel auto ramps for quick stuff.

So far I've added a front bumper kit, a digital hour meter and disabled the switch that kills the engine when it's shifted into reverse with the blades running. Now it mows in reverse...no fuss!. I'm thinking of wiring a switch into the headlight circuit. Pretty dumb design to have the lights on all the while the engine is running. The deck height settings seem a little too low, I can only cut in setting 4 or 5 (highest). Anything lower is like a golf green, too low! What's up with that?

Fun to drive! I actually enjoy mowing now.

Attachments

nine51

nine51

Here's a couple of oldies from my younger days. First two are from about 1960. It was a 7.5 HP Simplicity. I used to mow the lawns with it at my parents house and my grandparents. The red one was my dad's Ingersoll from around 1989 or so. My dad installed a hand crank starting device on the Simplicity with a windup spring so I could start the thing. Crank it about 15 times, flip the handle over and push it down to release the spring and turn over the engine. Took a few tries, but it worked. No electric start in those days. Still got that Radio Flyer, wish I had the mower too.

Attachments

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Here's my Lawn Boys. 8232 (1974) 7226 (1976) 8243 (1987). All three run great and make mowing fun. :)

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler!

Attachments

G

George G

This is my old mower,"Powerpro" 42 inch cut ,18hp. Takes both hands to turn it,Top speed is about 3mph, Kindda has run flat tires, about every 2 laps you have to fill them, only way to start it is with a jump. But,Hey! The first 14 years I had it, it was a good mower. Forgot to mention. I have a hill in my back yard. Mower likes to pop out of gear when going down the hill. With no brakes, that just adds too the trill.

IM000930.jpg

Heres my new mower. Ariens 46 inch cut 22hp V-twin B/S, hydrostatic drive. Instead of taking 2.5 hr to mow my lawn. It only takes an hour.

IM000927.jpg

K

Kisssofdeath

Here is my new one after my X500 got stolen. It is a 2011 ZTrak 910A with 54" deck. After riding this zero turn I'll never go back. Got it at the local Jame River Equipment in Statesville, NC. for $6999 plus tax.

Attachments

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Here is my new one after my X500 got stolen. It is a 2011 ZTrak 910A with 54" deck. After riding this zero turn I'll never go back. Got it at the local Jame River Equipment in Statesville, NC. for $6999 plus tax.

Good looking ZTrak and great looking Vette. Shame to hear what happened to the X500.

K

Kisssofdeath

Good looking ZTrak and great looking Vette. Shame to hear what happened to the X500.

Thanks Kingwood990 for the kind words.

Yeah it was a shame; I'm 43 years old and that's the first time I had something stolen from me. My homeowners covered full replacement value minus my $250 deductible of the 2 year old X500.

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Thanks Kingwood990 for the kind words.

Yeah it was a shame; I'm 43 years old and that's the first time I had something stolen from me. My homeowners covered full replacement value minus my $250 deductible of the 2 year old X500.

Glad to hear your insurance covered the tractor. I would not know what to do if something happened to my X520 being that it is my main machine and my most expensive toy. Shoot me a PM any time if you want to talk about cars, tractors etc.

H

Hamhands

Great looking machine! I got talked out of a zero-turn because of the inclines around my pond and in my ditch. So bought the 320 with the 48" deck. Now I see a lot of zero-turns doing inclines a lot steeper than mine with no problems.:ashamed:. Wish now that I had done more research. Wifes uncle who is 93 and a WW11 vet mows with a new Ztrak and loves it! I guess with age come wisdom. Hope I don't have to wait 23 more years to get smart!!

K

Kisssofdeath

Great looking machine! I got talked out of a zero-turn because of the inclines around my pond and in my ditch. So bought the 320 with the 48" deck. Now I see a lot of zero-turns doing inclines a lot steeper than mine with no problems.:ashamed:. Wish now that I had done more research. Wifes uncle who is 93 and a WW11 vet mows with a new Ztrak and loves it! I guess with age come wisdom. Hope I don't have to wait 23 more years to get smart!!

LOL, at 23 you are still a young buck. I have a 20ー or so incline I mow and I don't have any issues. When I come out of the ditch next to the road I do get the left front tire up in the air but it comes right on out. I'm not that proficient with the mower yet but already I have knocked over an hour off my mowing time. :smile:

Kingwood990, where in NC do you live?

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

LOL, at 23 you are still a young buck. I have a 20ー or so incline I mow and I don't have any issues. When I come out of the ditch next to the road I do get the left front tire up in the air but it comes right on out. I'm not that proficient with the mower yet but already I have knocked over an hour off my mowing time. :smile:

Kingwood990, where in NC do you live?

I am in Bahama NC or as some people call it northern Durham county.:biggrin::wink:

K

Kisssofdeath

I am in Bahama NC or as some people call it northern Durham county.:biggrin::wink:

I'd say that's around 3 hours away, if you were closer I'd pay you a visit one weekend you were not busy.

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

I'd say that's around 3 hours away, if you were closer I'd pay you a visit one weekend you were not busy.

I wish I was closer it would be cool to meet a member of the forum.

K

Kisssofdeath

I wish I was closer it would be cool to meet a member of the forum.

I used to be heavy into atv riding and met several people from the forums from KY to TN to SC.

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

I used to be heavy into atv riding and met several people from the forums from KY to TN to SC.

I have met members from another forum. One lives a few miles up the road from me and one drove from northern VA to bring me a parts tractor for free.

wjjones

wjjones

388822413.jpg

Ric

Ric

IMG_0579.JPGIMG_0546.JPGIMG_0547.JPG

Cub Cadets 48, 44, G1336 Click to inlarge

gtbobcat

gtbobcat

Took the hood off the rider so people will think its just junk...prolly not fooling anyone tho...:laughing:

Attachments

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Here is my latest tractor. It is a 1991 Toro Wheel Horse 244-H. My grampa bought it new in 1991.
29oihvk.jpg

bakerg

bakerg

Heres the rest of my mowers, finally got them presentable enough to take picture of them.:biggrin:

Attachments

Ventrac

Ventrac

Ventrac 3223D Compact Tractor
BKBrown inspired me to take a few photos of my tractor :biggrin:
(No criticizing how dirty it is :laughing:)
16glo2c.jpg

Roughly 20 degree slope by the highway (steeper than it looks)
o07y1t.jpg

2vto6yo.jpg

25ivep5.jpg

BKBrown

BKBrown

New 4231 Here 5.jpgNew 4231 Here 3.jpg
The NEW 4231 {31 Hp} Gas Water Cooled Ventrac with 60" Mower Deck ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

NOT the same one in the Avatar.

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

View attachment 2548View attachment 2547
The NEW 4231 {31 Hp} Gas Water Cooled Ventrac with 60" Mower Deck ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Nice! :thumbsup: How's it been working out so far?

K

KennyV

View attachment 2548View attachment 2547

VERY nice.... nothing like the smell of new paint.... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

BKBrown

Thanks Kenny!
They have made some great improvements in 7 years - Loved my other Ventrac and am sure I will Love this one more !
VERY nice.... nothing like the smell of new paint.... :smile:KennyV

Parkmower

Parkmower

Ok here's the work equip
Jacobsen 628D 4wd
Husqvarna PZ7234

And the home equip
Cub cadet rtz 42

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Parkmower, It would help if you rotate your pictures before posting :biggrin:

BKBrown

BKBrown

It's GREAT Ventrac has made some positive changes in the hydraulics and this one is even more responsive and seems to have more power to the hydrostatic and the other hydro functions seem more smooth. I never had a lack of power with the first Ventrac and this one is better! :thumbsup:
Nice! :thumbsup: How's it been working out so far?

K

KennyV

Parkmower, It would help if you rotate your pictures before posting :biggrin:

Ah ha...
And I had just thought he was trying to show his mowers sticking to the incline like your machine..... :biggrin:

But seriously, He's right... unless your using a laptop... It makes looking at your pictures, difficult. & everyone likes looking at pictures... :smile:KennyV

Parkmower

Parkmower

Sorry I do this from my iPod and I can't rotate them in my library or when I attach them to the post

L

limey-g

Hi I am a new member here in Ontario, Canada , we have a 50 acre farm and around the house we keep about 9 acres groomed.
For the big area we use a Bolens g214 21hp diesel tractor with a 60 inch mower on the 3 point hitch
We breed dogs and have large fenced exercise areas and for these my wife uses a Massey Feruson lancer mower that has the deck out front which is great for cutting into the fenced area corners. I am always amazed how she zips around on her mower and although only a 44 inch cut she gets done really quickly and then helps me with the larger areas.
Geoff

B

bumper crop

here's my '67 jacobsen chief 1000. currently looking for replacment blades. i'd appreciate any leads...

jacobsentumblr.jpg

K

KennyV

currently looking for replacment blades. i'd appreciate any leads...

There are MANY places to get blades...
What size blades are on the deck?
Length(diagonal), Width, Thickness, Hole size... ? is it a flat or offset blade? :smile:KennyV

B

bumper crop

i know there are. but not for this mower.

i have all the pertinent info.

1 blade: 18 15/32, 1/2 inch center bore, 2 half inch outer holes.

2 blades: 12 15/16, same bore and outer holes.

they are flat. not offset.

i cannot find anyone that makes that configuration.

K

KennyV

I'll see if I can find them...
1. Did you measure length diagonally?
2. How wide is the blade?
3. How thick?
4. What is the spacing, center to center, of the two other holes?
5. Is there a lift wing?
6. Are these cut for a CW rotation? = right hand side discharge....
With those 6 answers, we should be able to find blades... :smile:KennyV

V

vanda

I have always thought of mowing on a riding lawnmower as being quite a 'zen experience'. I can remember the first time I saw a zero turn mower. I was driving to work and saw a business being mowed with a Dixie Chopper, I almost ran off the road trying to look at what it was! From then on I knew I wanted one! In 2005 my husband bought me a slightly used Gravely Promaster 252Z, Kohler 27hp. I was so excited and the first time I rode it I almost ran into a tree! I would mow at any opportunity and when I was done with my yard I'd be eying the neighbors yards, they loved the benefit of my new mower! My husband was always on top of maintenance and fixed whatever needed attending to. Unfortunately, in 2009 my husband passed from cancer. I still mow but I must say I'm running into some issues with my beloved mower that I can't seem to figure out.

It started with needing the fuel line pickup tube with the filter on the end of it that goes into the gas tank. For some reason the right tank was not in use before we purchased it, can't remember why. So I took that hose off and put it in the left gas tank. Then the next summer it began being hard to start. This summer the only way we can get it started is to pull the hose off at the fuel filter, make sure it fills up with gas, clamp it back on and then it seems to start. So new boyfriend & I decided it must need a new fuel pump....so I ordered it yesterday. But today it didn't want to start again and DB blew into the fuel filter and not only did it blow air into the left tank but you could feel air in the right tank also. So we pinched the hose to the right tank and then the mower would start. I thought this was quite odd because the tank switch on the front of the mower is set for the left tank. How could air go to both tanks.

I had to write Gravely to find the part number for the fuel line pick up tube, they sent me part# 03900200. do you know if there is a kit for this and what the part# might be.

sorry for so many questions.

Vanda in Florida

I'm not sure where to start. I know I need to order the gas hose with filter for the right tank. They

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

The Gravely site has this page for information - you will need the model and serial #.
Ariens Order Owners Manuals

Hope you can find the manual !

Sounds to me like your fuel tanks have a connecting line and the filters and lines may be plugged or partially blocked.

K

KennyV

Hello Vanda & WELCOME to LMF....

Replacing the pickup tube and filter should not be a major problem... If you can not find the exact replacement parts, you can go to your local friendly auto parts, take the old pick up tube and filter... most likely they will have the fuel line and filter in stock to make it up....

A big problem with gasoline mowers with 2 tanks is the tank selector valve, another problem is OLD gasoline... Depending on how large an area you mow you can go a LONG time on one tank.. and if you just keep filling the empty tank and never switch to the other... that other tank will get OLD and turn bad, then much later when it is selected, a lot of junk fuel and crud will be pulled into the fuel lines and carb causing on going problems...
Diesel systems are not as bad that way as diesel will not go bad as quickly as gas...

If I were using a gasoline system and was not going through fuel in both tanks quickly... I would disconnect the fuel lines at the selector valve and run only one tank into the engine... Then drain and clean the other tank, cap it off and never put fuel in it... That could insure fresh fuel most always... :smile:KennyV

V

vanda

The Gravely site has this page for information - you will need the model and serial #.
Ariens Order Owners Manuals

Hope you can find the manual !

Sounds to me like your fuel tanks have a connecting line and the filters and lines may be plugged or partially blocked.

BKBrown,

Thank you for your response & warm welcome. I appreciate the link the the manual. I am familiar with the Ariens/Gravely website. I have every manual & parts list downloaded that I can find from both Gravely & Kohler. I'm wondering if the fuel valve switch could be the issue instead of the fuel pump. Glad the pump didn't cost that much. I don't think the fuel lines are blocked or it wouldn't have had air go into both tanks when we blew into the fuel filter (blowing back towards the gas tank.

Vanda

BKBrown

BKBrown

I didn't download the manuals myself, so don't know how detailed they are - usually you can find parts drawings that will show where hoses etc. go.

Good Luck !

V

vanda

Hello Vanda & WELCOME to LMF....

Replacing the pickup tube and filter should not be a major problem... If you can not find the exact replacement parts, you can go to your local friendly auto parts, take the old pick up tube and filter... most likely they will have the fuel line and filter in stock to make it up....

A big problem with gasoline mowers with 2 tanks is the tank selector valve, another problem is OLD gasoline... Depending on how large an area you mow you can go a LONG time on one tank.. and if you just keep filling the empty tank and never switch to the other... that other tank will get OLD and turn bad, then much later when it is selected, a lot of junk fuel and crud will be pulled into the fuel lines and carb causing on going problems...
Diesel systems are not as bad that way as diesel will not go bad as quickly as gas...

If I were using a gasoline system and was not going through fuel in both tanks quickly... I would disconnect the fuel lines at the selector valve and run only one tank into the engine... Then drain and clean the other tank, cap it off and never put fuel in it... That could insure fresh fuel most always... :smile:KennyV

Kenny,

Thank you for the information about getting the fuel lines from the auto parts store. I did wonder if that would be ok. My current yard is over an acre so gas seems to be replaced every other weeks or so.

As for the 2nd tank, it has never had gas in it since I've owned it, so I know it isn't an old gas issue. We were told why the previous owner didn't use it but it has been so long ago I can't remember. I think it leaked but I'm not sure. Do you think that if the Fuel Valve that switches the tanks was turned to the left tank but air blew through to the right tank that the valve itself could be the issues? There are only 3 hoses on the switch, one to the left tank, one to the right tank and the middle one that goes connects from the switch to the fuel filter and eventually to the fuel pump. Is it possible that sucking air from that right tank (that has no gas in it) might interfere with the fuel pump being able to create a good suction and preventing the gas in the left tank from being drawn up to start the mower?

Things that make ya go hmmm.....

Vanda

K

KennyV

Kenny,

. Is it possible that sucking air from that right tank (that has no gas in it) might interfere with the fuel pump being able to create a good suction and preventing the gas in the left tank from being drawn up to start the mower?

Things that make ya go hmmm.....

Vanda

That is very likely the problem.... Since you are not using the other tank anyway... hook the line from the actual fuel tank directly to the fuel pump... that will remove the selector valve completely... :smile:KennyV

C

cligon27

i need a part for my john deere lx188, it is the electronic needle that goes in the float bowl. Deere want 82 dolla for that little part does anyone have any ideas?

K

KennyV

i need a part for my john deere lx188, it is the electronic needle that goes in the float bowl. Deere want 82 dolla for that little part does anyone have any ideas?

Hello & WELCOME to LMF...
You really should start a new thread with this parts source request... It will become lost for you on this one... and for anyone else that may need a fuel shut off solenoid ....

BTW. that part will be more an engine part than a JD part.... :smile:KennyV

N

Nasty135

here's my '67 jacobsen chief 1000. currently looking for replacment blades. i'd appreciate any leads...

jacobsentumblr.jpg

Hi Guys, I'm new here coming over from Tractorbynet.. Just responding to this post about blades.
I usually get my blades from Lawn Mower Blades Made To Fit Your Mower Available at Agri Supply - Agri Supply

Will post pics when I get a chance.

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

murry-furry-albums-murray-fury-picture2891-37196-10150280602770596-704035595-14826096-978482-n%5B1%5D.jpg
:cool:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

View attachment 32

i respect that, it looks like a fine machine:smile:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

I've used this for 10 years now. 2 cylinder diesel. Mitsubishi MT372D. 4X4 with a 48" Woods belly mower. It has a 3-point and standard PTO so it is very versital. OLD but dependable and that Woods puts down an impressive cut!(I'd be interested in selling if anyone is interested)
so you are on the dark side this your diesel powered, can run on cooking oil machine. No but really, nice mower, and it has 4x4 to help it carry heavyer loads without getting stuck. but do you have independant left and right brakes. in case you get the weels in the air, or sliding to help steer.:wink:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

Here's a pic of my John Deere 425, I custom built the loader myself from scratch, no plans, made everything except for the pins and hoses. Lifts about 500 lbs.. Also have a 54" mower deck that I use when the grass gets tall.

dude, there are no funny jokes i can shoot at you to break the ice. that build of yours is jaw dropping. i do have on question. does the tractor way enough to get the bucket full of dirt, and gravel? i only ask because my grandfather had a couple years back a 4000 series utility tractor with a more reserved bucket to size ratio than yours, and it could never get near filling it digging. i'm basicly wondering if yours does better in compareson to the larger size. i'm starting a lawn care business.:cool:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

I've used a Bush Hog M2554 ZTR for the last nine years! Being a John Deere garden tractor collector, I found a 48" JD F525 late last summer. I like it better for mowing the acre or so at home. Last week I bought a JD 790 Compact w/loader & 60" Woods 3-pt finish mower to mow the picnic ground, pond lots, & building lots at the farm. So I've sold the Bush Hog. ~~ grnspot110

may grandfather had something close, and those things seem to be great utility work horses.:smile:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

I'm liking the creation of this new forum, because while I love my TLB, my heart is still in smaller garden tractors for some reason or another. Here are the tractors that I've had in the past few years.

Gravely 18-H
View attachment 55

JD LX176
View attachment 56

1973 Wheel Horse 18 Auto (First of the D series)
View attachment 57

Wheel Horse D-200
View attachment 58

Ford LT8 picked up last weekend
View attachment 59

Cub Cadet
View attachment 60

i like your taste in equipment.:laughing:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

Some of my stuff. 1988? B8200 4x4 Hsd. 1978? Steiner S18 ‪Steiner tractor‬‏ - YouTube

that looks amazingly useful :smile:

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

OK, here is my STUFF... Simplicity ZT2050 (recently sold).. Simplicity Prestige 2354 (for sale).. any my Ventrac 4200 VXD with Turbo Diesel... needed it for my slopes.. like a dream.. cant wait to cut now.. used to dread it.. the 72" deck does a great job.. surpirsed as I was spoiled by the Simplicity cut.. I also purchased the 60" blade and got a free slip scoup for mulch and gravel etc..

the front and rear dualy tractor looked great. one thing i like about this forum is the ability to find and hear about cool things.:cool:

K

Kubota_Diesel

Hello everyone! This is my 2001 Kubota G1800. For anyone not familiar with these wonderful mowers, she has a three-cylinder liquid cooled 16 hp diesel engine. She also has a hydrostatic transmission that is very smooth. She steers like she’s floating. She may only have a 48'' deck but she makes short work of long grass. Though she isn't very big and is easily stored she does weigh 705 lbs. Her engine alone weighs 315 lbs from the research I have done has told me. I traded my 1982 Kubota M4000 in on my G1800. I've wanted a mower like this one since I was a little kid. It has and always will be very well maintained. I also have A LOT of spare parts for her just in case. I like to keep everything I get for her Genuine Kubota Parts. Even down to the oil and grease I use. I plan on owning this mower the rest of my life and I have turned owning my Kubota into a hobby. My Kubota and I are very proud to be members of LMF!

Attachments

K

KennyV

the front and rear dualy tractor looked great. one thing i like about this forum is the ability to find and hear about cool things.:cool:

HEY ... it's good to see you BACK... have wondered where you were... Ive been missing the last several days, but you have been gone a LONG while... :smile:KennyV

A

amnamalik

Mine is Snapper Mower:

snapper_mower.jpg

L

Lukeslawn

This my 1998 John Deere lx 178

Attachments

O

oldyellr

Here's my two rear engine riders, a Honda H3011H and an John Deere Model 68 34". With older mowers, it's good to have a spare. I usually mow clockwise with the JD using a mulching plate and counterclockwise with the Honda.

Attachments

S

SirJohn

Finally got around to taking pictures of my mower. Here you go:
100_0588.JPG

100_0589.JPG

buckhunter

buckhunter

My equipment.

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

Pushing snow

Attachments

Walleteater1

Walleteater1

Walleteater, I mean Weedeater one. :thumbdown:

Attachments

B

BobnJeep

I bought this mower a couple months ago for $375. It's a 19.5 hp B & S Platnum, Turbo Cooled engine. I'm not sure of the year I had put an ad on Craigslist looking for a riding mower and this older couple contacted me, and I made arrangements to pick it up at the begining of the following month. Well I called them before I went to pick it up, and they said they changed thier mind and decided to sell it to a family member instead. I was so bummed out. :mad: So the next day I called them again and offered them more money. So they talked about it and decided to raise the price from $300 to $375. Later I found out that a friend of theirs told them they could've gotton $500 for it, and thats why they almost took it away from me. It's a nice rig, and I got lucky only having to pay $375 because it is worth $500 atleast:smile:
The Weedwhacker I just bought last month, and the reason I picked it is because it was affordable and it converts with several other attatchments:licking:

bobnjeep-albums-my-mower.html

B

BobnJeep

buckhunter

buckhunter

Cant see the pics

Chev

Chev

Here is my little Snapper.

I pulled it out of a lean to after sitting unused for 10+ years.

It has pull start and I love that because I have bad luck with battery tenders.

I also attached a couple of pics of my yard. You can see why I need something bigger.

Attachments

S

Sand Flea

F910 and the 1970 112 with blower and deck.

Attachments

JimmyTheGlove

JimmyTheGlove

Attached a picture of me on my mower. :smile:

Attachments

JDgreen

JDgreen

Attached of picture of me on my mower. :smile:

Nice tractor, also nice to see what someone that belongs to LMF looks like....about a year ago I asked LMF members to post a picture of themself....I think THREE other members did...that was all.

JimmyTheGlove

JimmyTheGlove

Nice tractor, also nice to see what someone that belongs to LMF looks like....about a year ago I asked LMF members to post a picture of themself....I think THREE other members did...that was all.

Is that right? Interesting.

A

Ariena

Case 222 and low rider 64 VW

image-1618852937.png

image-452387943.png

Murry Furry

Murry Furry

i don't have pic's on this computer to post to show you, but you can see one that i had to get rid of resently, but loved working on at youtube.com, and search murry fury part 1

wjjones

wjjones

Heres mine.. Craftsman ys4500 24hp v-twin Briggs 54" cut..

395391803.jpg

388822414.jpg

388822413.jpg

Carscw

Carscw

Here is my wife's craftsman

image-5281508.png

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

BKBrown

BKBrown

What kind of mower deck is under that Bug ???? :biggrin:

P

panabiker

Nothing fancy.
IMG_0055em.JPG

No, I was not collecting snow with that grass catcher. Just for added weight. I'm still looking for more aggressive tires. Chains tend to scratch the black-top driveway.

L

lawnboy1988

heres mine a 1975 Lawn Boy 7024

M

Mac 624

In the 70`the Lawn-Boy was distributed in Germany by Stihl. I never have seen one, they had not been popular un Germany. Today the Lawnboy mowers look like the cheap tincases, made by MTD which you can buy for cheap in every german DIY shop.

Do they really have Kohler engines??

S

snapsstorer

my freind has a JD 4010 w a electric needle float vavle. the JD dealer told him to find a needle kit that would fit in the mounting, if he wanted to try that instead of the $80 that they wanted for probaly the same part you have

LHPopper

LHPopper

Here is my Hustler Fastrack. Cannot wait until spring

Attachments

R

Razarsharp

My MINIMOWER............does size matter when you have a small lawn? Yes!:smile:

Manufactured in Brazil....only 13 inches wide and 29 lbs...

Attachments

K

KennyV

My MINIMOWER............does size matter when you have a small lawn? Yes!:smile:

WELCOME to LMF...
Small electric mowers can be Very handy... :smile:KennyV

buckhunter

buckhunter

Razarsharp said:

I thought it was one of those little micro toys like the ones they have for toolsboxes and jacks until I read the specs. That thing is awesome. Be nice for a townhouse yard ;-)

R

Razarsharp

I thought it was one of those little micro toys like the ones they have for toolsboxes and jacks until I read the specs. That thing is awesome. Be nice for a townhouse yard ;-)

It is the real thing....This miniower is perfect for my DC row house! I have a small front yard and small back yard...to avoid walking around the whole block to get the mower to the front lawn, I can carry the minimower through the house to mow both lawns.....

buckhunter

buckhunter

Razarsharp said:
It is the real thing....This miniower is perfect for my DC row house! I have a small front yard and small back yard...to avoid walking around the whole block to get the mower to the front lawn, I can carry the minimower through the house to mow both lawns.....

I like it man. Beats hacking your yard with a string trimmer lol. It would take me too long to mow 3-4 ac. though and that would be a long *** cord lol. I know some people with townhouses looking for something light and compact though where can you get one?

R

Razarsharp

I like it man. Beats hacking your yard with a string trimmer lol. It would take me too long to mow 3-4 ac. though and that would be a long *** cord lol. I know some people with townhouses looking for something light and compact though where can you get one?

Funny you should mention hacking up the lawn with a trimmer...have you ever seen a trimmer with wheels that can be used to mow your lawn? Check out the minimower at minimower.com or google minimower.

buckhunter

buckhunter

Yes seen that many times. Lmao

buckhunter

buckhunter

I think they might like that City Clipper even better. Thanks for the info. $199 isn't bad for the mini though.

J

jc56

This my fleet.2007 GT 1554 Cub Cadet,2004 LT1000 Craftsman and a 1985 S24 Yazoo.:dance1:

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

jc56 said:
This my fleet.2007 GT 1554 Cub Cadet,2004 LT1000 Craftsman and a 1985 S24 Yazoo.:dance1:

Off topic but, Cool dog.

JD75

JD75

X300 and X320

Attachments

C

camaryellowolynn73

My racing mower

Attachments

K

KennyV

WELCOME to LMF...

I like our Little Pistol... But you have a picture of a Revolver on it...

Looks very good what engine & transmission ?? Tell more about it. :smile:KennyV

F

fastback

Yes by all means tell us more. What kind of speed do get out of something like that? Welcome to the forum.

C

camaryellowolynn73

WELCOME to LMF...

I like our Little Pistol... But you have a picture of a Revolver on it...

Looks very good what engine & transmission ?? Tell more about it. :smile:KennyV

I know, I have a Revolver like that, but to call my mower, Little Revolver, doesn't sound as good as, Look at that "Little Pistol" GO!

It has a Modified 14.5 Briggs, and a 700 Tranny with a live axle.

C

camaryellowolynn73

Yes by all means tell us more. What kind of speed do get out of something like that? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome!! It may top out at 50 mph at a drag strip

C

camaryellowolynn73

I know, I have a Revolver like that, but to call my mower, Little Revolver, doesn't sound as good as, Look at that "Little Pistol" GO!

It has a Modified 14.5 Briggs, and a 700 Tranny with a live axle.

It has a new paint job on it now, It looks like a hotwheels toy. I'll post a pic when my seat is back from being redone.

F

fastback

Its not my mower but it is a classic. Its a 1942 JD LA, I let my cousin take it for a ride. It has a total of 14 HP. Oh, and that's a trailer I built for moving the tractor.

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

fastback said:
Its not my mower but it is a classic. Its a 1942 JD LA, I let my cousin take it for a ride. It has a total of 14 HP. Oh, and that's a trailer I built for moving the tractor.

That thing is awesome! They dont build them like that anymore.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Here is one of my Snapper 25065s 25" I got got free, this is when I got it and needed a good bit of work.

IMG_0412.jpg

Here is the Craftsman II my uncle gave me which needed some new tires as well as a front rim.

IMG_0557.JPG

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Finally got my two Snappers on here. I've had these two for a couple years now but I just found the Wisconsin - Robin 5hp 4cycle for the one. It replaced a 1995-date B&S 5hp IC that was good but been wanting that WR for a long time. Now I'm looking for a 2cycle WR for the other one with the 4hp B&S IC. O man to have a 4cycle and a 2cycle WR would make me complete. That's not wierd is it? OK good. So I just put the WR on there on superbowl sunday, found it on craigslist for $150. Was only missing the throttle cable which should be here from Snapper any day now. I've always loved these old snappers from the '80s and I've put some time into cleaning these two up. I also found two brand new old stock bags for them (one z-closure from 1983 and one with door from 1986 I think). One from craigslist the other from ebay but both perfect old stock bags. Almost didn't want to use them but it had to be done. Will post more pics when I replce the other Briggs here with WR.

Attachments

C

camaryellowolynn73

It has a new paint job on it now, It looks like a hotwheels toy. I'll post a pic when my seat is back from being redone.

New picture :biggrin:

Attachments

D

domes

Powr Kraft

Attachments

Mad-Mike

Mad-Mike

My 87' MTD 362 22" 4HP - Rebuilt it Last Summer in the back of my truck

mad-mike-albums-1987-mtd-127-362-013-picture4118-2011-08-15-18-56-51-678.jpg

Some Video of It In Action and Being Worked On

N

NJsnapper

here is my Honda overcam powered Craftsman I got for free I rebuilt after it got run over by a car..

And my Snapper rer..

Attachments

doctrine

doctrine

Just picked it up today - my new eXmark Commercial 21 X-Series. Really, really nice!

Attachments

K

klimty

Well, just joined today and now, I just have to fab up some bracketing to hook up a deck up to this....No Just kidding....I will be posting pics of my past tractors and the one I just bought....2006 legacy xl w/48" deck and picking up a loader for it out of Indiana in a couple of weeks. Owned Simplicitys for the past 26 years and wouldn't change...love the dependability and THE CUT!! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

Nice man. Welcome to the forum

L

Lucky1313

Got this about 3 weeks ago my first rider i love it an have been working on cleaning it up

Attachments

Y

Yooper75

Here is my 78 Deere 312, it has a 50in deck, 4 way hydraulic 54 blade, and a single stage 49 blower. The K301 gave up last fall right after I got the tractor put back together and I'm going to use the KT17 out of my 317 project tractor to repower the 312.

Before it was repainted.

IMG00025.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

Here are some right after I got it put back together after repainting it.

IMG_20111016_182555.jpg

IMG_20111016_183600.jpg

IMG_20111016_182721.jpg

102_0016.jpg

My current project is a 79 Deere 317 with a Series I KT17.

102_0239.jpg

102_0240.jpg

S

shoccammer427

Newb here,

I traded my 2000 New Holland farm tractor, a 72" grooming deck, a 60" rotery cutter and a 5.5' Box blade for this Grasshopper 430D diesel. 32hp 72" mid mount deck. I had to cough up a few more $ to seal the deal but my mowing time has been reduced by more that 50%.

I did not need the tractor anymore as I had used it to get all the brush cleared and my centipeid established.

Not the best photos, but you see I have a low of mower to work with. :licking:

shoccammer427-albums-lawn-equiptment-picture5799-430d-1.jpg

shoccammer427-albums-lawn-equiptment-picture5800-430d-2.jpg

D

Def-Ed

Does this count?

4a5a2c96.jpg

Just kidding,lol

85db790e.jpg

2088bob

Okay this is my old girl its a 1953 maxwell rocket but you can correct me if i am wrong

i am looking for someone to put this mower back in running restored condition for me i have a brand spanking new champion motor a 5 horse that could replace the old brigs
if need be
mymower005.jpg

mymower006.jpg

mymower004.jpg

mymower003.jpg

i would like very much to get this mower back in servicable condition

SnapperLady

SnapperLady

This thread seems to have some real mower enthusiasts......people who care about mowers and fixing up the old ones.

I have posted on the Ariens forum about an cool old Ariens I found on a local farm. Have had no responses. So thought I'd post here, too.

I had been eyeballing it when I drove by - from the road, I thought it was an old Snapper t-bar. Stopped to get a closer look and pictures yesterday and found out it's an Ariens. Looks like 70's vintage?

I have pictures posted in My Albums (under "Other Mowers").

I could most likely get this mower for free. I'm not interested in it for myself but think it needs to be "rescued" and put in the hands of someone who would appreciate it.

txzrider

txzrider

Well the new hotness is on the left... as well as my retired trusty snapper on the right... I am hoping to get some time to either fix the 19hp I had repowered it with or repower it again and in general rebuild it. I just need more time.
old_n_new.jpg

buckhunter

buckhunter

txzrider said:
Well the new hotness is on the left... as well as my retired trusty snapper on the right... I am hoping to get some time to either fix the 19hp I had repowered it with or repower it again and in general rebuild it. I just need more time.

How do you like the joystick?

txzrider

txzrider

I really like the joystick, once I got used to it, its too easy. I looked at the country clipper due to it having one as well... But I bought it because it is so easy to work on the deck.

F

FreshCutGrass

i have a Sears Craftsman 725 rear engine rider riding lawn mower.Its a 7hp engine that purrs like a kitten.I dont have any idea on when it was made because i cant find anything about it on the internet..With a little fixing up i got her to cut grass like a champ and have the power to carry almost 300 pounds up hill :laughing:

Attachments

L

Lucky1313

Lucky1313 said:
Got this about 3 weeks ago my first rider i love it an have been working on cleaning it up

Just finished the paint and a few extras

Attachments

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Well now that i picked up a Wisconsin-Robin 2cycle (for free!) i can post pic of my current collection. From left, 4hp Briggs I/C on 21351P deck, 21401P with original 4hp Briggs, 2cycle WTI-125 on 21351PD deck and WI-185 on 21351PD deck.:laughing:

Attachments

K

KennyV

Just finished the paint and a few extras

Looks Great... Needs a new seat cover, & I like the shifter knob... :smile:KennyV

L

Lucky1313

Snapperfreak said:
Well now that i picked up a Wisconsin-Robin 2cycle (for free!) i can post pic of my current collection. From left, 4hp Briggs I/C on 21351P deck, 21401P with original 4hp Briggs, 2cycle WTI-125 on 21351PD deck and WI-185 on 21351PD deck.:laughing:

They all look pretty good i never see any snappers for free ...Lucky!!

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

The 21401P was free too!!! Got it from original owner who bought it in 1986. Garage kept. Hadnt run in 5 years. Got it home and started on 2nd pull. Could use carb clean but the sea foam additive seems to be hellping. I always got my eye out for the cheap (or free) old snappers.:thumbsup:

Anderson Classic Tractors

Case 108. 8 horse. The deck is off, but do have. Tractor is a 1958 Case 210b (only 368 built).

Attachments

This is my Dads John Deere 112 round fender, and my 1973 John Deere 110.

Attachments

S

stygz

Lawn Boy Platinum 10765

Attachments

A

Amy Hu

Hi ,please view our mower

A

Amy Hu

Attachments

Y

YNOT

Here's a couple of my new TORO...

toro_low_shot.jpg

toro_side_shot.jpg

Y

yard patrol

Muhammad said:
Hey Everybody,

Please reply to this thread with some info and/or photos of your mowers and other mowing equipment. Let's see those mowers!! :thumbsup:

ForumRunner_20120528_210633.png

ForumRunner_20120528_210757.png

2012 John Deere X320. Has 22 horse Kawasaki, 48 inch deck. Currently has 17 hours. I love this mower! :biggrin:

Attachments

scott47429

scott47429

I love my Exmark its the best mower i have ever had i replaced my 98 Wheel Horse 520 LXI with a 2012 Husqvarna RZ 5426 hated it and traded it 2 weeks later for my 2003 Exmark

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

ok, here's all of them.

Attachments

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Ok here's an update to my other update. All 6 of them.

Attachments

SnapperLady

SnapperLady

My wonderful Snapper 331416KVE RE rider!

My 21401P walk behind is still in the shop, hoping to get it looked at so it can be up and running real soon!

LOVE the mowers you guys are posting....that Grasshopper is a thing of beauty! :thumbsup:

Attachments

Y

Yeehaw404

JD314.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday for $100 - been sitting in a old building since God was a little boy - fired right up and cut perfectly!
Cleaning it up and changing all the fluids today :cool:

It's replacing a Simplicity rider I've had for a few years.

buckhunter

buckhunter

Nice find!

Thegeek

Thegeek

Ok, here's mine. It's on '08 model that I picked up late last fall for $425. It needed front end work and tires. I replaced the front axle, steering links, and all 4 tires. Cuts like a charm.:thumbsup: The mower was terrible looking, mold and dirt all over it. Washed and waxed it, g/f thought I was nuts, but I enjoy tinkering with it.

Attachments

M

Moparkid13

My 96 Rally 12.5/42 I got for free

100_2335 by moparkid13, on Flickr

It runs pretty good I just need a few parts like shift linkage, battery, ignition switch, headlight harness, back tires etc... Does anybody know how to get parts for these rallys

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Poulan Pro 300 Ex with a Briggs & Stratton 18.5hp and a 42" cut. Added a Craftsman Brush Guard, LED tail light, lighted light switch, correct fuel filter and fuel shut off valve.

Attachments

1947 Ford 2N with 72" mower. Great for mowing large yards. :thumbsup:

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

Very nice setup

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

I like that bumper and tail light Blade Runner:thumbsup:

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Thanks Snapperfreak! See more pics of brush guard and tail light at night, below.

Attachments

landowner

landowner

The Atco with very small engine soon to be replaced

Standing alongside the Hayter with a siezed Honda 11hp engine.:smile:

Attachments

landowner

landowner

Oh and this one for mowing the paddock because the others are broken:laughing:

Attachments

A

aron33mc

Well, this isn't THE exact mower but a picture of the model I'm working on now. Is kind of cool!

Attachments

J

jamesmasterson

Ventrack does the job, i got one before due to wear and tear i sold it..im using Komatsu now.

1988 John Deere 165 Hydro. Has the 12.5 Kawasaki engine. A very reliable mower. :smile:

Attachments

My Ferrari Mower

Ferrari F-12 mower with 38 inch deck. Cuts grass and gets the girls.:laughing: :biggrin::licking::confused2:

Attachments

Gran Prix Mower. This little mower is in great shape. 3 forward gears and reverse. 12 horse Briggs. Not sure what year it is. :cool:

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

Gran Prix Mower. This little mower is in great shape. 3 forward gears and reverse. 12 horse Briggs. Not sure what year it is. :cool:

Other than the grill and headlights it is similar to a Dynamark. :smile: Gas cap also would show through top of hood on a Dynamark if i am not mistaken.
midnite-rider-albums-ed-s-equipment-picture4657-af906bbe6694-1325272618000.jpg

Midnight rider "Other than the grill and headlights it is similar to a Dynamark. Gas cap also would show through top of hood on a Dynamark if i am not mistaken"

I think you are right. When putting gas in the Gran Prix however, you lift the hood and fill the small tank. Did yours also have a 3-speed?

Midnight rider looks like you also have a few mowers. Thats great!

I also have a 1948 Ford 8N. This tractor has been overhauled. Whats nice about this tractor is the 3 point hitch set up. I would use the 72 inch mower you have seen on the Ford 2N, but more often the 60 inch Douglas finisher (I like the rollers in the front). My Dad lives acrosss the road and he has a 1958 Ford 861 Powermaster with a late model 72 inch Massey Ferguson mower.

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

Did yours also have a 3-speed?
No, unfortunately the Dynamark does not have the Peerless 3 speed although I do have a old Electra Chaperral with the 3 speed.

Midnight rider looks like you also have a few mowers. Thats great!
Currently my stable consists of 7 lawn tractors, 1 garden tractor, 5 self propelled mowers, 2 push mowers, a 1956 Ford 600 agricultural tractor that I recently overhauled and various implements.
Most all of the mowers were free or purchased inexpensively. The Yard Machine below is my newest addition that I picked up off Craigs list a couple weeks ago for free. It was located only 8 miles from my residence. Apparently it had carburator isssues as it was complete except for the carburator and air cleaner had been removed. It came with a new battery (May 2012) and new front tire to boot. :biggrin:

Attachments

Currently my stable consists of 7 lawn tractors, 1 garden tractor, 5 self propelled mowers, 2 push mowers, a 1956 Ford 600 agricultural tractor that I recently overhauled and various implements.
Most all of the mowers were free or purchased inexpensively. The Yard Machine below is my newest addition that I picked up off Craigs list a couple weeks ago for free. It was located only 8 miles from my residence. Apparently it had carburator isssues as it was complete except for the carburator and air cleaner had been removed. It came with a new battery (May 2012) and new front tire to boot. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

That was a Great Buy! I have not bought anything lately. Too many projects. I want to restore a Case 222 mower I bought last fall. Also have a Case 116 XC I would like to make it go fast. I really like the Hydrive system. I am having a John Deere 140 overhauled, my neighbor is helping me. Also working on a 112 and 110 that run.:confused2:

Well whats one more mower! Case 448 with 18 hp 781cc Onan 2-cyl.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I am soon buying an Exmark Metro 26!!

image-12144001.jpg

E

E Behm

Here's mine. Bought it new 11 yrs ago. Just turned 300hrs. this year.

Attachments

buckhunter

buckhunter

Nice man looks mean with the Ags on the back lol

E

E Behm

Thanks. Those ag's and the diff lock got me through some sticky stuff out by my woods!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This is a pic of all my equipment!!
DSCN5905.jpg

K

KT88EE

7 year old Evatech remote controlled Mower. Electric start. I'm retired. I usually sit in an Air conditioned truck while it is 95 outside and have a cool one and listen to radio. No hurry. The antenna cover and camera is mine. My only chore is to choose a good beer. I like Chimay red label premiere.

Attachments

E

E Behm

That's cool!:thumbsup:

S

soupysocks

I have 3 of them:

#1 - A older Land Mark - not sure what year (the code is 11 digits?)

#2 - A 6.75 Yard Works powerd by a Tecumseh engine (daily cutter)

#3 - A 450 Series Briggs and Stratton Motor on a Murray Lawn Mower

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

I have 3 of them:

#1 - A older Land Mark - not sure what year (the code is 11 digits?)

#2 - A 6.75 Yard Works powerd by a Tecumseh engine (daily cutter)

#3 - A 450 Series Briggs and Stratton Motor on a Murray Lawn Mower

Looks like you take good care of your mowers. :thumbsup: Nice to have backup to the backup. Thanks for showing us them. :smile:

T

The Skipper

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...12-cub-cadet-21-hp-kawasaki-engine-1046kw.jpg

Cub Cadet 21 HP Kawasaki engine - 1046 KW

Absolutely love this lawn tractor and love the Kawasaki Engine.

L

Lukeslawn

My new 2012 John Deere x310. Picked it up 2 days ago. Lubumbashi

Attachments

L

Lukeslawn

Lukeslawn said:
My new 2012 John Deere x310. Picked it up 2 days ago. Lubumbashi
Meant to say love it. Stupid auto correct

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My 2 Honda mowers! :thumbsup:
DSCN6586.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The 1 on the right is 6 years old, the 1 on the left is brand new.

A

ACDC

i have a old 1985 MTD. It has a 14hp Briggs and Stratton opposed twin engine. it starts first time every time without fail it cuts the grass ok but not great.
i also have a stiga park pro that is my project for the "summer". it has also got a 14hp Briggs but it is a v-twin vanguard which is nearly seized and that is one of many problems with it

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

:thumbsup:DSCN7263.jpg:thumbsup:

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

2012 BIG DOG R SERIES 60"
2004 GREAT DANE CHARIOT 61"
2001 HUSQVARNA 44"

Attachments

m&p45

m&p45

She's not much compared to most of the stuff on this thread but here ya go!

e302f849.jpg

3d3d27d0.jpg

470d4846.jpg

And my other lawn equipment

863ac994.jpg

D

dugsok

anybody have any experience with a poulan pro30 30 in cut ,has a friction disk trans and will not go into reverse,just replaced spring,foward is ok.
any help is appreciated

Here is most of my mowers :confused2:

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here is most of my mowers :confused2:

Nice!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

J

jb4249

I have several mowers / tractors. I cut with the JD LT133, bagger is for the leaves, and I have mulch blades for the grass. The JD 111 is a 1979. I restored for my son, has been in the family since new. The Wheel Horse is a model 854 that I restored for myself. I use it around the yard and have a plow for snow thi winter. The Kubota is a B4200, 2 cylinder diesel 4wd with 44" belly mower. We use it at a property we own in Ohio.

Attachments

E

Eganwp

N

navyreg1970

dennis paragon.JPG

this is my recently purchased 1969 Dennis Brothers Paragon sit on mower with a 250cc Villiers 4 stroke petrol engine - the most fun I have ever had!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 8486

this is my recently purchased 1969 Dennis Brothers Paragon sit on mower with a 250cc Villiers 4 stroke petrol engine - the most fun I have ever had!

WOW! That is cool! :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

S

ScagRider03

This is my baby 48 inch walk the scag will be posted Tom when I get a pic of her in front of some lines:)

Attachments

M

MBTRAC

I run a few ride on's/garden tractors for our own domestic 3acre+ lawn/garden & others on the farms, all originally purchased in good low houred condition secondhand - Deutscher's (Aussie built rugged simple mowers belt driven direct gear drive transaxles with dual rear wheels/low centre of gravity making them very stable on steep lawn/hillsides), JD's (mainly because they're reliable, good value S/H, easy to maintain & there's a good dealer network), Kubota's (again reliable with good support) & Iseki's (arguably marginally better than Kubota's, but far less dealer support) - including:-

1.Deutscher R360 c.11hp Honda 36"deck c.25+yrs old & well in excess of 1000hrs (Engine change out & tranny rebuilt)
2.Deutscher R360 12.5hp B&S 36" deck c..25+yrs old & well in excess of 1600hrs ( New rings in engine & tranny rebuilt)
3.JD LT155 15hp Kohler 38" deck c.10+yrs old (now running rear Carlise Turf Master tyres for added traction) over 1100hrs without componet change out/rebuilds/failures
4. Not pictured- JD LT155 15hp Kohler 38" deck c.10+yrs old (running rear Carlise SL Super Lug tyres, specifically set up for max. stability/traction for mowing on damp clay soil around a undulating pond bank, approaching 800hrs without componet change out/rebuilds/failures
5. JD415 16hp Yanmar Diesel 54"deck & Catcher c.250hrs & around 8yrs old
6. Kubota 7100 HST 4wd 16hp Diesel whilst shown with the backhoe fitted, is usually run with 60" mid mounted deck & rear TPL 36" slasher (i.e. bushhog) c.800hrs & maybe 20yrs old ?
7. Iseki TX2160 Manual 3x2 G/box 16hp Diesel runs a 48" rear TPL mounted finishing mower or 36" slasher c.450hrs & maybe 15yrs old

As for maintenance, like our farm gear I tend to probably "over-maintain" in most people' s view, as I'd rather invest my time in keeping what I have in good order than have "downtime" or search for replacements.....
I wash/wax this gear only max. once/year, using a garden blower to initial clear debris off after use & then completely clean with compressed air after every use (I avoid using water for cleaning because IMO it causes rust ), & also do the following regular basic maintenance (a few extra $'s in oil & lubes + a little extra time seem cheap insurance compared to rebuilds/replacements):-
1. Every 50hrs max. change engine oil filter & replace oil with premium synthetic product
2. Every 10hrs max. clean air filters ( if applicable reoil), replace every 100hrs
3. Every 10hrs max lubricate spindles with high temperature bearing grease(rubbish in my humble opinion any spindles are sealed ( in so called "sealed" units zerks are retrofitted) or supposedly lubricated for life by the factory ) /lubricate steering/axles/linkages with graphite moly farm grease
4. Every 100hrs flush transmissions & replace oil with premium synthetic product (including those hydro tranny's supposedly is sealed for life, the way I see it : oil breaks down, & hydrostatics hate heat & degraded oil so it's cheap insurance & relatively easy to do on so called sealed unit)/adjust drive belt & clutch
5. Every 6 months drop the decks & paint with 2 coats of penetrol & then 2 coats of industrial gloss black paint to prevent rust/adjust deck belt

Attachments

S

Stevie-Ray

Holy crap. Is that a Jensen I see in that last pic?

M

MBTRAC

Holy crap. Is that a Jensen I see in that last pic?

Sure is, had Jensen's for years - this old Interceptor is still amongst one of my favourite "toys", starting the much modified 440ci 6pack Magnum never fails to put a smile on my face....might be a bit heavy on gas, but still leaves the modern "buzzboxes" in its wake.....with a touch of the loud pedal, the bonnet rises in harmony & the twin 3" tuned stainless exhaust makes sounds akin to God clearing his throat .......never a bad day in an Interceptor or any other tractor....
Here's a better shot of the little Iseki (& one of my other heavier duty tractors: Mercedes & slasher) & a slightly better photo of this Interceptor.......I tend to like & hang on to older stuff, especially cars, trucks, tractors, mowers & machinery - Enjoy

Attachments

S

Stevie-Ray

I am impressed! I remember the Jensen Interceptors from way back in the early 70s that had the Chrysler 383s in them. 4000 lb cars that would still handily do 140 mph. Very cool toy, mate!

T

turfsurfbob

Lived in Australia in the 60's. National car was a Holden. We owned a Ford Falcon with a souped up 6 banger. A yank b...b Aussies would call it, at the time. Loved Sydney or more properly North Bridge. I am a new member with pics to come. After reading the post from Australia could not help but respond.
Own a 46" loyal murray, 42" dixon cone drive ztr, 1949 ford 8n tractor,"the best". Have bought a 1999 Scag turf tiger not running for $300.00. We shall see.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Family Photo

From left to right in front view photo:

1) WORX WG782 14" (13" blade) 24 volt lead acid battery powered push mower
2) WORX WG786 15" (14" blade) 24 volt lead acid battery powered push mower
3) Greenworks 25252 16" (15.5" blade) 40 volt Li-Ion battery powered push mower
4) Earthwise 60120 20" 24 volt lead acid battery push mower
5) Husqvarna 7021P 21" Honda GCV160 gas powered push mower

Note the modification to the Husky mulch door with the clip to keep the blasted thing closed and the 1" larger front wheels on the Greenworks to increase the cutting height and level the deck, which was tilted downwards toward the front. Also, if you look real closely at the handlebar on the Husky you will see a loose strap which I slide over the handle to keep the bail bar pulled back, so I can step away from the mower to remove debris from the lawn w/o having to shut the mower down and then restart it. And, no, I don't really need 5 lawn mowers.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Impressive! Nice collection. It is always nice to have a gas mower for thicker grass.:tongue:

D

dlc49

Have an older Grasshopper 718 and mow about 3 acres @ home and about 2 @ a church nearby. When I had some engine issues last year I picked up an even older 718 for backup, ended up doing some work on that one too.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Have an older Grasshopper 718 and mow about 3 acres @ home and about 2 @ a church nearby. When I had some engine issues last year I picked up an even older 718 for backup, ended up doing some work on that one too.

:welcome: to LMF!

N

notmenotme

Here is a picture of my 1976 Cub Cadet 1650. It is still very dependable and a great help.

Attachments

T

turfsurfbob

Here is a picture of my 1976 Cub Cadet 1650. It is still very dependable and a great help.

Your mower looks great for as old and well used it is. Looks like the older machines were better built .

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Looks like the older machines were better built .

I agree! :tongue:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well, just joined today and now, I just have to fab up some bracketing to hook up a deck up to this....No Just kidding....I will be posting pics of my past tractors and the one I just bought....2006 legacy xl w/48" deck and picking up a loader for it out of Indiana in a couple of weeks. Owned Simplicitys for the past 26 years and wouldn't change...love the dependability and THE CUT!! Thanks for looking!

OK that's cool!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Just picked it up today - my new eXmark Commercial 21 X-Series. Really, really nice!

I was looking into one of those....it looks really nice!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

New picture :biggrin:

That is AWESOME!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

T

tybilly

I watched the video -- thanks KennyV.

i had one of these with a square tank and a more open deck,the metal tag said worthington mower co. cant find anything on them,the blade was a cone with triangle blade tips

midnite rider

midnite rider

Nice pic of your 1976 Cub. They had the Bicentenial models that year also.

Attachments

D

Dean9

Hi I thought id post a few pics of my mower, (well, garden tractor). Its a belt drive 3 speed hi/low ariens yt1138. The mower deck didnt work so i took it off, and made a few modifications to the tractor. I changed the size of a few of the pulleys to make it speed up. It now goes 16 mph, which is why the front tires are almost worn through. Its a lot of fun and is very useful when i hook up my wagon. Yeeeeeehaaa!:biggrin:
8808d1348273828-ariens-yt1138-img_7926-jpg
8809d1348273828-ariens-yt1138-img_7928-jpg
8811d1348273828-ariens-yt1138-img_7930-jpg

58pony

58pony

Not ready to mow yet, but hopefully will plow snow in a month or so.
1971 Wheel Horse 800 Special - YouTube

P

panabiker

Is that belt supposed to be covered? Looks dangerous to be near your right foot.

58pony

58pony

I just got it last week, and yesterday was the first time I started it up. Yep I need a belt gaurd. I got to find one or make one.

midnite rider

midnite rider

Hi I thought id post a few pics of my mower, (well, garden tractor). Its a belt drive 3 speed hi/low ariens yt1138. The mower deck didnt work so i took it off, and made a few modifications to the tractor. I changed the size of a few of the pulleys to make it speed up. It now goes 16 mph, which is why the front tires are almost worn through. Its a lot of fun and is very useful when i hook up my wagon. Yeeeeeehaaa!:biggrin:

I like the custom tillar. Great pics ! :thumbsup:

midnite rider

midnite rider

Not ready to mow yet, but hopefully will plow snow in a month or so.
1971 Wheel Horse 800 Special - YouTube

Sounds good, great job so far. You will be ready for the snow this winter. :thumbsup:

L

lawnmowersguide

Wow...great pictures :biggrin:
8809d1348273828-ariens-yt1138-img_7928-jpg
8811d1348273828-ariens-yt1138-img_7930-jpg

M

mkamin927

Ive got two tractors right now, a jd 317 with a orriginal kt17 s1, that is having issues. this is my work horse, puls, pushes, and mows almost anything i want it to. the there is my jd 212, with a jd 340 cyclone snowmobile engine under the hood. this is the toy :)

Attachments

slammed

slammed

Ive got two tractors right now, a jd 317 with a orriginal kt17 s1, that is having issues. this is my work horse, puls, pushes, and mows almost anything i want it to. the there is my jd 212, with a jd 340 cyclone snowmobile engine under the hood. this is the toy :)

Nice rides.

S

SgRacing

From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

attachment.php

Attachments

M

mkamin927

Nice rides.

Thanks slammed

after looking through all these brand new cubs, jds, and the perfectly restored machines, mine look quite mediocre.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Nice mowers! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

attachment.php

NOW THAT IS A NICE MOWER!! I'M JEALOUS!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

slammed

slammed

Thanks slammed

after looking through all these brand new cubs, jds, and the perfectly restored machines, mine look quite mediocre.

Not at all. Everyone else will not take there mower out ripping through a corn field. Every body here including myself post pics of something new or old that is being restored to original. Most of it is people flaunting money or in my case I was injured to the point I could not keep up my yard work with out the purchase of the Ventrac. I like people that can build something fun out of something that would other wise be parted out or recycled. My hats off to you for posting real pics of real works of art.:smile:

Carscw

Carscw

1990 ace mower by MTD.
Got this for free.
All the paint came off when I tried to clean it.

image-1258156059.png

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

1990 ace mower by MTD.
Got this for free.
All the paint came off when I tried to clean it.

View attachment 9534

Nice! The black and red look good together! :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

All of my equipment!
All of my Equipment.jpg
echo.jpg

metz12

metz12

those are my toys!

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

those are my toys!

Nice mowers! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And WELCOME TO LMF!

metz12

metz12

The yard machines is what i use to mow and do leaf jobs. The craftsman is what i hook a trailer on and take wood out of the woods, drag trees out of the woods, and hopefully if i can get my plow hooked up i will be plowing this winter!

Attachments

E

Elias40

New member.

Photo of JD D160 we just purchased. Although it's brand new, It came with a few problems that we are working on to correct before it's first mow in the spring. 3000 bucks doesn't buy much, so you gotta take extreme measures, including taking a machine all apart and putting it back together the way we want it. Mainly the front axle & wheel bushings, and the mower spindles.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

New member.

Photo of JD D160 we just purchased. Although it's brand new, It came with a few problems that we are working on to correct before it's first mow in the spring. 3000 bucks doesn't buy much, so you gotta take extreme measures, including taking a machine all apart and putting it back together the way we want it. Mainly the front axle & wheel bushings, and the mower spindles.

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!
Nice mower! :thumbsup: :welcome:

ringahding

ringahding

My son on both of the Toro's

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My son on both of the Toro's

Nice! :thumbsup::licking::cool:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

All my equipment! yes!.png
Updated All Lawn Equipment GOOD.jpg

C

cuda

Bought this new last summer, so far so good. Added a few extras, they don't make it cut any better but makes for good conversation. Chrome bumper/brush bar coming soon.

Attachments

J

jameshobbs

Your Ventrac 4200 VXD Turbo Diesel is awesome !

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Bought this new last summer, so far so good. Added a few extras, they don't make it cut any better but makes for good conversation. Chrome bumper/brush bar coming soon.

I believe I have seen you YouTube vids :) :thumbsup:

C

cuda

I believe I have seen you YouTube vids :) :thumbsup:

Not me K-pro, never did a video, maybe it was my Flickr page.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Maybe I seen this mower like this on there is it a yt 4000 ???

C

cuda

Maybe I seen this mower like this on there is it a yt 4000 ???

Yeh, it's a YT 4000.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Somejow I have seen the same exact one haha but is your auto or standered trans :thumbsup:

C

cuda

Somejow I have seen the same exact one haha but is your auto or standered trans :thumbsup:

It has the hydrostat (auto) tranny. I can't believe there's another one like mine,no way.:eek:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

It has the hydrostat (auto) tranny. I can't believe there's another one like mine,no way.:eek:

I know if you go to youtube and serch craftsman yt4000 one of the like 10 vi:confused2:d have one like that's crazy :confused2:

TnHusky

TnHusky

Most probably has seen mine mine already but I'll throw in a few with my old one as well.
New YTH24K-48 Fast Mower and White 16.5

Attachments

J

jameshobbs

Nice units !

TnHusky

TnHusky

Thanks Man, I'm going to sell the white though. Think I'll ask $400 for it.

metz12

metz12

Thanks Man, I'm going to sell the white though. Think I'll ask $400 for it.

I would give you $400 if i was looking for a mower. it looks to be a nice unit.

N

notmenotme

Cub 1650 b (1).jpg

This is a picture of my 1976 Cub Cadet 1650.

J

jeffery9076

Here is pics of my mowers
howard price walk behind 52" hydro with sulky 17 kawasaki
john deere stander 54" 23 Kawasaki hydro
scag tiger cat 52" 27 kohler hydro

I need a new push mower the first troybilt from lowes lasted 3 years /2 years on the job 1 year mowing at my home
The second one barely made it thru 1 year and was hardly used compared to the first same exact mower with a briggs 6.75 horse

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 12951

Here is pics of my mowers
howard price walk behind 52" hydro with sulky 17 kawasaki
john deere stander 54" 23 Kawasaki hydro
scag tiger cat 52" 27 kohler hydro

I need a new push mower the first troybilt from lowes lasted 3 years /2 years on the job 1 year mowing at my home
The second one barely made it thru 1 year and was hardly used compared to the first same exact mower with a briggs 6.75 horse

Really nice equipment! :thumbsup::thumbsup: awesome.gif

K

KennyV

View attachment 12951

the IH 1450, 1650 & 1850 were the Best Hydrostat Garden Tractors built... The manual transmission models are still among the best tractors used in mini Tractor Pulls... I still use my 1450 every year for a few things, they will Last Forever... :smile:KennyV

wjjones

wjjones

Here is an updated picture of my old mower, and the one I recently repaired. Ignore the date that crazy camera date is never right.

Attachments

mowersgalore

mowersgalore

some great looking mowers here!!! i have a toro TITAN, any thoughts??

J

jeffery9076

Not familiar with the Toro titan but what you start with is what you start with. The first mower in my pics I paid $550.00 the howard price walk behind. It had 520 hours /now has 1120 hours on it.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i have a toro TITAN, any thoughts??

Read post #3 in this thread.....this guy did not like his Toro Titan! :frown: But other people swear by the Toro name! http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/john-deere-forum/14268-john-deere-x320.html

D

Dtchweed

Hi This is My new Mower for 2013 Ferris 1500

Attachments

J

jeffery9076

hello Dtchweed, ferris are nice mowers should serve you well in your business. we still have snow and got more coming Monday. wish I could be riding my mower

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi This is My new Mower for 2013 Ferris 1500

:welcome: Welcome to LawnMowerForum! That looks like a nice mower! :thumbsup:

X-man

X-man

Here's my mower:

Runs really nice. Just cold started it last week.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here's my mower:

Runs really nice. Just cold started it last week.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

J

jeffery9076

mower I picked up this weekend $200 needs work

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

mower I picked up this weekend $200 needs work

Looks like a nice mower! :thumbsup:

J

jeffery9076

Thanks lawn mower fanatic, I purchased it for a parts mower for my other walk behind. I plan on stripping the mower repainting it and using it. I do have another engine for it

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

That looks like a scag is it ??? and 200 is a really good deal for the sand on mower :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

That looks like a scag is it ???

It looks like a Wright Velke.

J

jeffery9076

Thanks for the reply / It is a Howard price mower I have another one with 1025 hours on it now. I purchased it for $550 with 500 hours on it. What is neat about these mowers is the deck has a big bearing in the center of the deck which it swivels off. It truly cuts better than any walk behind I have seen. the deck can also be locked in place so it does not swivel. They do not sale them no more

djdicetn

djdicetn

Thanks for the reply / It is a Howard price mower I have another one with 1025 hours on it now. I purchased it for $550 with 500 hours on it. What is neat about these mowers is the deck has a big bearing in the center of the deck which it swivels off. It truly cuts better than any walk behind I have seen. the deck can also be locked in place so it does not swivel. They do not sale them no more

jeffrey9076,
Yeah, it's a bummer when you get a really good product that lasts you for years and when it's time to replace it you find out they are no longer available. I bought a True Value 46" Lawn Chief lawn tractor(with a 16hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine). When my son bought a home in 2006 and needed a mower I went looking again and gave him the Lawn Chief. Since Ace Hardware bought out True Value they no longer carried the Lawn Chief(the tractor was actually built by Power Equipment Company, who manufactures "commercial" bulldozers and other heavy equipment). I ended up getting a 54" Craftsman YS4500(made by Husqvarna for Sears) with a 24hp B & S Intek. The tractor was VERY well made, but the Intek was a piece of junk(that old 16hp Vanguard still "ran circles around it"). I would have bought another Lawn Chief in a heartbeat!!!! I actually toyed with the idea of trading mowers with my son:0)
He finally retired that old Lawn Chief last summer(after 19 years) when I bought my ZTR and gave him the Craftsman(you can guess that plum broke my heart:0) The deck was falling apart on the lawn Chief but that Vanguard engine was still like the day I bought it in 1993(didn't use a drop of oil between seasons).

A

afoulk

Here are mine. The lawn boy was given to me by a friend when we bought our house a couple years ago. It doesn't run the best, but its light and maneuverable. the Snapper I just picked up last weekend for $40 off of craigslist. I was looking into getting a bagging kit and hi lift blade for the lawn boy and then thought maybe I'll try and find a used bagger and decided to start looking for a snapper as I've always liked them since I was a kid. Its helped me rediscover how much I loved working on mowers. I also have a rear bagger lawn boy that my dad bought new back in 84 and left me right before he passed away a year and a half ago. Its been sitting for 8 years out at my moms house and I fully intend to restore it, but having a 2 month old in the house doesn't leave me much time, or money to tackle something that major, so hopefully in a couple years. I will get pics of it as soon as I get out to my moms house sometime.

Attachments

A

afoulk

Also, I don't know if anyone here can tell me the year of the snapper by looking at the serial number? I haven't had any luck figuring it out so far. I tried going by the numbers on the engine cover, but I'm not so sure the engine is original, or atleast the cover. The sticker on it is faded and I believe says 4h.p., but I don't believe they had a 4h.p. on these that long ago. Engine model # is 92908, Type # is 1826 01, and the Code # is 77110208 which I believe would make it a 77, but like I said, I don't know if its the original engine cover.

BKBrown

BKBrown

More likely a 14 HP - There should be numbers on a sticker placed on the tube that connects the front and rear (closer to under seat) and stamped into muffler.

The Snapper site should have a chart for serial # years.

Good Luck !

A

afoulk

Mine is a push mower though, not one of the riders. I'll check their site out again to see if I can come up with anything

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Afoulk that Snapper is cool! Looks like somewhere between a 1976-1979 model. I have a 1974 model...looks the same but the drive handle is on the left side. Anxious to see the rider too. Welcome.

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

OOPs I don't know where i got rider from. I mis-read your post there. I saw rear-bagger and thought rear-engine-rider. Still looking foreward to the rear-bagger pics too. I wish I could find an old bricktop Lawnboy around here but they never pop up.

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Yes it looks like a '77 model. Check the serial number on the deck. The first digit is the last digit in the year it was built. If it starts with a 7 then it's a '77 model. My V210P s/n is 444466...'74 model. That works with '80s models too. Snapper actually told me that.

A

afoulk

Sorry for the confusion guys. I'm so used to seeing the lawn boys with the off set front wheels and bag hanging off the side that I always referred to them as a side bagger. My dads old one had the more conventional style deck with the bag handing off the back of it. Thus the reason I called it a rear bagger.

TheCaffeinatedOne

TheCaffeinatedOne

Hi all - I'm new here. I have a few pics. During the winter I encountered something I think is called "operator error" when changing the oil in my John Deere GT242 with the Kawasaki 14 HP motor.

It was dark and cold, and I was cold and in a dark mood. Anyway what I thought went in the oil fill and what actually went in there turned out to be two different amounts of oil and I established with certainty that the engine's tolerance for oil starvation was somewhere other than where I ended up. The tractor started and made it all the way to the bottom of the driveway, obediently blowing snow. It then went from full power to Armageddon in 4 seconds, blowing the bottom of the crankcase out and impaling the battery with crankcase shrapnel. This one was not going to buff out.

Meet LAZARUS. It's repowered with a Briggs Intek v-twin, about 18 horse. I had a heck of a time with the tractor electricals though, finally opting to pull the lot and rewiring the whole thing from scratch. It works well but the motor is a little beefy for the hood, which I'm planning to trim to fit.

I could get used to this stuff... :cool:

Attachments

D

Dtchweed

Well that does not sound good were did oil go?? It happens. But looks like you are on the road to recovery bet it does sound tougher going to 14 to 18 HP Be good to see it when you get hood done if you don't want to make old hood over get on from a bigger size mower and get new stickers for your 242 I did that on one of my 425 Deere put new x485 hoods on and got a lable set for my 425 and put them on new hood and worked great and looked nice too. Good luck nice job on engine swap Have a good on Gary

TheCaffeinatedOne

TheCaffeinatedOne

Uh... The oil went everywhere, but didn't make as much of a mess as you might think. First, there was a fair amount of fire for a very short time - blowing out right and left, along with an impressive amount of smoke. I think something broke - probably a hanger for the oil sump - and when the crank came around it knocked the sump through the crankcase wall. The sump incorporates a large steel block that got flung like a sledgehammer. That also meant that the crank kept turning and the engine kept firing till I shut it down. Tough little motor. Well, now it's a tough little 3/4 of a motor. I'm not sure I ever did find all of the crankcase pieces - and somehow I managed not to get hurt. The battery died though - looked like it had been shot by a .22 bullet. I don't advise this even if you are really, really bored.

combatcarl

combatcarl

Both of them done for the day now.

1E4AB2FE-84F5-416C-8009-4A94469DF5A0-695-000000A0C886F6D4_zps310b5939.jpg

R

rmcphearson

Hey Everybody,

Greetings. I'm new to this site. Here are some photos of one of my mowers.

After Photo by rmcphearson | Photobucket

It is a 1939 Toro Putting Green mower. I use this one for the back yard. Emerald Zoysia mowed at 3/4". I'm a golf course mechanic. Reel mowers are my thing. I can use a some pointers on small engines occasionally. I think I've found the right site!

Roland

K

KennyV

It is a 1939 Toro Putting Green mower.
Roland

WELCOME to these Forums...
Nice Reel mower Roland, that handle alone has more character than any 'modern' mower... :smile:KennyV

hanyoukimura

hanyoukimura

First up is the mower that got me started reparing them as a hobby, and my garage queen. I do use it, but only after I know all the small sticks have been raked up, and I wash it after every use.

IMG_0050.jpg

My Honda HRB215. Really well made and scary quite. Gotta love those Honda OHV engines. And I love the blade clutch. I gt it in trade. It started right up with some fresh gas, and I was so impressed with it I decided to keep it.

IMG_9066.jpg

This Poulan Pro I got for free. Owner thought it was seized. It was very low on oil, but when I added the proper amount it freed up and has been fine ever since. Runs great, heavy duty deck, heavy machine!

IMG_8813.jpg

Here we have my Suzuki-powered Toro. Not exactly showroom fresh, and it needs a belt I think for the blade, but it runs awesome.

IMG_0058.jpg

This is my Simplicity 857. It looks a lot like a Lawn Boy at a glance. I don't know if its just a rebadge or not, but the drive system is pretty neat.

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

I haven't done much with it yet, but its a keeper.

This is my Lawn Boy. It doesn't currently run. I have not yet had a chance in the year I've owned it to work on it yet!

IMG_8971.jpg

This is a really clean Craftsman that I like the looks of and decided to keep it for that reason!

IMG_8974.jpg

Again, I haven't had time to really get it all sorted.

My latest keeper is this Jacobsen I got. Looks cool and well made. I'd like to do a full-on restoration of it.

IMG_0344_zpsf942a312.jpg

These ones are sort of termporary, until I sell them.

I don't plan to keep this one forever, but it is a nice, solid machine with the nifty one lever height adjustment. Needs new rear wheels and a belt, but runs really good. For not its the bush mower.

IMG_9482.jpg

This little Poulan burns oil, so I can't really sell it for the amount I'd want to, so I've been using it myself for mulching. It was in a real bad way when I got it, so I've taken a shining to the little guy. I may just keep it, but then I have several other I decided to just keep!

IMG_9797.jpg

Coca Kohler

Coca Kohler

Here's my 1985 MTD which has a 14hp opposed twin. It has one of my malamutes next to it in this photo.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here's my 1985 MTD which has a 14hp opposed twin. It has one of my malamutes next to it in this photo.

Nice mower! :thumbsup:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

Personal one has my Daughter on it, 1973 Sears ST/10, also got a newer Craftsment self propelled push I got for free needed a 18 dollar part, 2nd is my job security machines.

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

Love the chrome on your machine. :thumbsup:

Personal one has my Daughter on it, 1973 Sears ST/10, also got a newer Craftsment self propelled push I got for free needed a 18 dollar part, 2nd is my job security machines.
Your daughter is precious, nice machines you have, thanks for sharing. :tractor:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

Love the chrome on your machine. :thumbsup:

Your daughter is precious, nice machines you have, thanks for sharing. :tractor:

Thanks Buddy she sure is.

S

snapsstorer

Thanks Buddy she sure is.

looks like you own the Ex-mark factory there. nice shop set-up also. Take care of your daughter and pass the knowledge on to her:thumbsup::cloud9:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

looks like you own the Ex-mark factory there. nice shop set-up also. Take care of your daughter and pass the knowledge on to her:thumbsup::cloud9:

Sure plan on it, and thanks we are growing as a team, along with the growing pains, plan on teaching my daughter what I can.. If she can learn to take care of what she has, I think I couldn't ask more from her.

R

RichardMcM

Greetings. I'm new to this site. Here are some photos of one of my mowers.

It is a 1939 Toro Putting Green mower. I use this one for the back yard. Emerald Zoysia mowed at 3/4". I'm a golf course mechanic. Reel mowers are my thing. I can use a some pointers on small engines occasionally. I think I've found the right site!

Roland

Thanks for posting Roland. Last night I found the same mower on Craig's list. Glad to learn it is a 1939. Mine is similar (at best) to your before condition, restoration to follow. As a hobby I will be cutting putting green style in places around the yard. :cool:

R

rmcphearson

Great. I wanna see photos. Those were designed to mow 4 hrs a day, 7 days a week for years. A hole different ballgame from a residential mower.

R

RichardMcM

Great. I wanna see photos. Those were designed to mow 4 hrs a day, 7 days a week for years. A hole different ballgame from a residential mower.

There will be a delay before photos. I am considering a sand blasting service before re-painting Toro Red. Where did you discover so much about these? For years I have been using a residential push reel I drilled and dropped for closer cutting. Now I have the real deal!

R

rmcphearson

There will be a delay before photos. I am considering a sand blasting service before re-painting Toro Red. Where did you discover so much about these? For years I have been using a residential push reel I drilled and dropped for closer cutting. Now I have the real deal!

I work on the modern version every day. These were probably designed to mow at 1/4". I'm mowing at 3/4" and I can push it with one hand. If you are going to take it apart you may want to inspect and/or replace the reel bearings and have the reel turned on a lathe while you have it out.

Back then Toro used a "duller" color of red. The modern Toro red which is what I used is much darker and "sharper" looking. I think you can get both from your local Toro dealer in aerosol cans. But don't expect to get any parts... I tried that. I'm assuming you don't plan on sand blasting the aluminum parts. Have them polished. You've got the only other one that I know of. I'll be glad to help with the resto.

Cheers!

C

cashman

My main mower.

A 1973 Yazoo YR60 gear and belt drive 60" that I rebuilt in 1992. It's got a 1992 production Kohler CH-18 (spec 62500) that replaced a Wisconsin TJD. It was upgraded to the PTO style transmission with drum brakes. The mower deck was stripped apart and relined with new steel all around. I've used it myself over 20 years now in commercial use. I've also rebuilt a YR48 48" in the same manor. Both are still going strong! Thanks!!!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My main mower.

A 1973 Yazoo YR60 gear and belt drive 60" that I rebuilt in 1992. It's got a 1992 production Kohler CH-18 (spec 62500) that replaced a Wisconsin TJD. It was upgraded to the PTO style transmission with drum brakes. The mower deck was stripped apart and relined with new steel all around. I've used it myself over 20 years now in commercial use. I've also rebuilt a YR48 48" in the same manor. Both are still going strong! Thanks!!!

That looks like a great mower! :thumbsup:

K

KennyV

My main mower.

Like your old mower photos.... BUT I have to confess I liked the bicycle photos a LOT more... Thanks, KennyV:smile:

C

cashman

Like your old mower photos.... BUT I have to confess I liked the bicycle photos a LOT more... Thanks, KennyV:smile:

Thanks Guys! I think I've got some pics that's got old mowers and bicycles in them?

K

KennyV

Thanks Guys! I think I've got some pics that's got old mowers and bicycles in them?

Yes you do... Your picture linked your photobucket and I used up an hour and a half looking through the 'oldies'... there are not many people left today that understand how to do spokes, correctly .... :smile:KennyV

silver1

silver1

Picked this up today. I will need info. on it. Manual and year made
502.256172 Tecumseh 10Hp. 143.346062 sn=3346D
Transmission (?) 3speed.
Thanks

Attachments

sawb4u

sawb4u

Just had it delivered today. Its a Kubota Kommander ZG127E. It has a 5" deep x 54" wide deck, a 27 HP Briggs and Stratton Commercial Turf series engine. This thing is awesome. Can't wait for the grass to grow so I can cut it again.

DSCN0720.jpg DSCN0719.jpg DSCN0724.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Just had it delivered today. Its a Kubota Kommander ZG127E. It has a 5" deep x 54" wide deck, a 27 HP Briggs and Stratton Commercial Turf series engine. This thing is awesome. Can't wait for the grass to grow so I can cut it again.

View attachment 14860 View attachment 14861 View attachment 14862

That looks SO nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

M

mattymax

My first one was a 36" SCAG WB Belt drive

069.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Then I upgraded to a 48" SCAG WB Hydro. I can't seem to let go of the 36. Thing cuts amazing.

IMG_0709.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My first one was a 36" SCAG WB Belt drive

View attachment 14915

View attachment 14913

Then I upgraded to a 48" SCAG WB Hydro. I can't seem to let go of the 36. Thing cuts amazing.

View attachment 14914

Those mowers look amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yard Buster!

Yard Buster!

Hey Everybody,

photo.JPG318542_320048581340799_150961211_n.jpg

1. MTD Yard Machine with bag catcher and custom bumper bar, attached to bumper bar are fog lamps and 3 marker lights. This makes great mowing if the job runs late! :wink:

2. Simplicity with a custom cab and plow attachment for those long winters! :thumbsup:

J

JSB33

After lots of buying and selling this spring, I am left with 2 new ones.

Cub Cadet LTX 1042 KW
CubCadet1042KW15.jpg

CubCadet1042KW18.jpg

Trim/soft yard/backup Mower
Honda HRX217K4HYA
HondaLawnmower001.jpg

HondaLawnmower011.jpg

The rest of the fleet
barn007.jpg

barn009.jpg

barn015.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

After lots of buying and selling this spring, I am left with 2 new ones.

Cub Cadet LTX 1042 KW

Trim/soft yard/backup Mower
Honda HRX217K4HYA

The rest of the fleet

You have tons of really nice equipment! :thumbsup:

silver1

silver1

Old walk behind.

Attachments

R

RichardMcM

I work on the modern version every day. These were probably designed to mow at 1/4". I'm mowing at 3/4" and I can push it with one hand. If you are going to take it apart you may want to inspect and/or replace the reel bearings and have the reel turned on a lathe while you have it out.

Back then Toro used a "duller" color of red. The modern Toro red which is what I used is much darker and "sharper" looking. I think you can get both from your local Toro dealer in aerosol cans. But don't expect to get any parts... I tried that. I'm assuming you don't plan on sand blasting the aluminum parts. Have them polished. You've got the only other one that I know of. I'll be glad to help with the resto.

Cheers!

Well Roland and others, here are the before photos. I don't know when restoration will be done. On yours Roland I noticed maybe height adjusting knobs over the front roller wheels. Mine are missing or never had them. Maybe mine is earlier before the option. Height adjustment now is manual, loosen the bolt and raise the roller wheel along the slotted mounting bracket. How about the main split roller? I see plugs inside. Are they oil reservoirs? How can I date mine to the correct year? Thanks and I hope the photos loaded.

Attachments

R

rmcphearson

Well Roland and others, here are the before photos. I don't know when restoration will be done. On yours Roland I noticed maybe height adjusting knobs over the front roller wheels. Mine are missing or never had them. Maybe mine is earlier before the option. Height adjustment now is manual, loosen the bolt and raise the roller wheel along the slotted mounting bracket. How about the main split roller? I see plugs inside. Are they oil reservoirs? How can I date mine to the correct year? Thanks and I hope the photos loaded.

You're right about mine having height adj knobs, no slotted bracket. Maybe your's is earlier. The "split roller" (drum) on mine has grease fittings on the axle. I don't know why yours has plugs. The drum on mine is aluminum with a steel skin. Your's looks like steel only. That will be a good clue for Toro to ID the age. I can't find the contact info I used to get info from Toro. Your local Toro golf equipment dealer may be willing to help you. I think Toro was founded in 1903? Your's maybe much closer to that than my '39!

Mad-Mike

Mad-Mike

My Army this year......plus one honorary member :D

mad-mike-albums-my-artilery-picture15121-my-fleet-2013-l-r-2008-craftsman-3n1-probably-3-75hp-briggs-stratton-vanguard-1987-mtd-127-362-013-22-4hp-self-propelled-bagger-only-needs-emptied-3-times-mow-beastly-beater-craftsman-20-3-5hp-eager-1-tecumseh-engine-apparently-has-no-problem-mowing-down-plantlife-tall-i-am.jpg

R-L: 89' Craftsman 20"/3.5 aka "Beater Craftsman", 87' MTD 362 22" 4HP SP, and the honorary 3rd is the 08' Craftsman B&S powered 21", needs a new blade though.

T

Tom59

2013 Fastrak 48" Hustler ...

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

2013 Fastrak 48" Hustler

Nice mower and lawn! :dance1:

T

Tilt

Nice mower and lawn! :dance1:

+1

Here's mine. Also posted in the Scag forum
20130622_113407[1].jpg

20130622_113431[1].jpg

20130622_113424[1].jpg

T

Tom59

^ Sweet Scag , such a mean looking mower........

jborcheck

jborcheck

Old cub cadet ( not mine). My new craftsman. And an older lawnboy

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Old cub cadet ( not mine). My new craftsman. And an older lawnboy

Good mowers! :thumbsup:

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

Hey Everybody,

My 2012 Rear Engine Snapper, 30" cut and 14.5 HP Briggs and Stratton, complete with custom headlight for nighttime mowing or early morning mowing before going to work. It's about a year old, pleased so far. It replaced my 1992 model.
9234085696_aa0e5eece3.jpg 9231295331_0cc24a0215.jpg

My new Husqvarna YTH21K46, about six weeks old, complete with my recently added grill guard accessory; it's 46" cut with the Kohler Courage 21 HP. We use this at our recently inherited 2nd home, about 80 miles away from my main residence, too far to keep hauling my Snapper.
9198417420_d0909daffa.jpg 9209087874_c680b63b4c.jpg

I decided to add my Stihl collection, as photographed hanging the rafters in the shed. See my signature line for the details of what those are.
9209102848_d4be4ac3ff.jpg

Looking at everybody's stuff is fun!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My 2012 Rear Engine Snapper, 30" cut and 14.5 HP Briggs and Stratton, complete with custom headlight for nighttime mowing or early morning mowing before going to work. It's about a year old, pleased so far. It replaced my 1992 model.
View attachment 15474 View attachment 15476

My new Husqvarna YTH21K46, about six weeks old, complete with my recently added grill guard accessory; it's 46" cut with the Kohler Courage 21 HP. We use this at our recently inherited 2nd home, about 80 miles away from my main residence, too far to keep hauling my Snapper.
View attachment 15481 View attachment 15482

I decided to add my Stihl collection, as photographed hanging the rafters in the shed. See my signature line for the details of what those are.
View attachment 15484

Looking at everybody's stuff is fun!

You have some great stuff! :thumbsup:

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

You have some great stuff! :thumbsup:

Thank you. I consider that high praise coming from you!

I really enjoy cranking this stuff up and making it go to work. Yard work is something YOU CAN SEE RESULTS from!

I just hope I can keep all this stuff up and see it last 10-20 years. The oldest thing in the collection is my Stihl FS55R Trimmer, a 2010 model, and it replaced another Stihl I had used since '90. I bought the edger in '11, the chain saw in '12, and the blower and hedge clippers this year.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thank you. I consider that high praise coming from you!

I really enjoy cranking this stuff up and making it go to work. Yard work is something YOU CAN SEE RESULTS from!

I just hope I can keep all this stuff up and see it last 10-20 years. The oldest thing in the collection is my Stihl FS55R Trimmer, a 2010 model, and it replaced another Stihl I had used since '90. I bought the edger in '11, the chain saw in '12, and the blower and hedge clippers this year.

Yeah that's pretty much the same with me. I bought my trimmer in the beginning of 2012, my blower in mid-2012, and my edger at the end of 2012. My older Honda is from 2006, and my newer is from 2012 (sound like a broken record). But the "oldie" is my other trimmer...over 25 years old!

1.jpg Echo GT-2100.jpg

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

Good stuff! [I'll take your word on the snow blower! I don't want to need one of those! LOL!]

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Good stuff! [I'll take your word on the snow blower! I don't want to need one of those! LOL!]

Yeah hopefully you won't! :laughing:

G

gabowman

Here's mine...

2013 Hustler Super Duty 60" cut.

Attachments

T

Tom59

Here's mine...

Love yella.....sweet machine ! :thumbsup:

P

pwooten

Just bought the 52" Raptor998256_10201579881365702_1281673383_n.jpg

Patman68

Patman68

Okay well here are both at this time. Tractor does the main grass cutting, garden/dirt work, while the snapper handles the hard to get to places for the tractor such as trim and under trees, have about 15 flowering dogwoods on my place and the branches can get quite low to the ground.

Attachments

Boudreaux

Boudreaux

This picture was taken after the Cheetah was removed from the delivery trailer.

Love my Cheetah (61" 31 Kawasaki)

Cheetah at home.jpg

B

bjl8691

How about mowers lol
20130819_190626.jpg20130819_190626.jpg
20130819_190611.jpg

sduncan000

sduncan000

Wow - you must have a hobby or a business! :)

djdicetn

djdicetn

Wow - you must have a hobby or a business! :)

Or a LawnBoy OCD:0)

sduncan000

sduncan000

Or a LawnBoy OCD:0)

Too right! LOL!

Patman68

Patman68

Man if those things become self aware you are in some kind of trouble....

S

shadco

New here and trying to figure out how not to use this

3409043_huge.jpg

2000 John Deere JX75

to mow this

152416596.png

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

New here and trying to figure out how not to use this

View attachment 17484

2000 John Deere JX75

to mow this

View attachment 17485

Holy cow! You seriously mowed that whole thing with a push mower!!! :shocked: That sounds like something that I would (attempt) to do! :laughing: You need a zero-turn!

S

shadco

Holy cow! You seriously mowed that whole thing with a push mower!!! :shocked: That sounds like something that I would (attempt) to do! :laughing: You need a zero-turn!

No I just bought that place we settle Dec 2 but my wife use that JD faithfully to mow 1.3 acres in MD for 13 years, it is a great mower.

Here's a good sized chunk of that yard.

124330660.jpg

I have to mow the new one.

I'm shopping Zero turns.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

No I just bought that place we settle Dec 2 but my wife use that JD faithfully to mow 1.3 acres in MD for 13 years, it is a great mower.

Here's a good sized chunk of that yard.

View attachment 17486

I have to mow the new one.

I'm shopping Zero turns.

Wow! I would enjoy mowing with a view like that!

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

image-196294677.jpg

Twin Dixie's and a better outdoor products walk behind

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 17510

Twin Dixie's and a better outdoor products walk behind

How do you like your Better mower?

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

I love it i was skeptical when i ordered a few years ago. I wish they wouldn't have hit hard times or I'd probably buy the 42". This picture is all from the Better. No stripe kit level deck. Granted i took this a few weeks ago, it's been a solid mower with no real issues I'd say it's got over 1k hours on it now.

image-2166027116.jpg

tabdog

tabdog

Here's my budget duo,

b6RP0bi.jpg

Tabdog

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

YBravo 21"

YBravo 21" recouverte de gazon.jpg

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Here's my budget duo, Tabdog

I think the Troy bilt is cleaner then any piece of equipment i own. Wh

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Here's my budget duo, Tabdog

I think your Troy bilt is cleaner then any piece of equipment i own. What happen to the other mower did it catch on fire.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

To tell you the truth, I love it when my mower gets dirty like that! See pic:

DSCN8611.jpg

Carscw

Carscw

I washed this 3 weeks ago and have not used it in a week

image-821758849.png

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I love it i was skeptical when i ordered a few years ago. I wish they wouldn't have hit hard times or I'd probably buy the 42". This picture is all from the Better. No stripe kit level deck. Granted i took this a few weeks ago, it's been a solid mower with no real issues I'd say it's got over 1k hours on it now.

View attachment 17520

Good to know! :thumbsup:

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Here's my new favorite. My 1988 21500PC that I refurbed over this past summer. I love using it.

Attachments

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Here's my new favorite. My 1988 21500PC that I refurbed over this past summer. I love using it.

That is one good looking Snapper!

My YBravo again...
YBravo enterrée!.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

That is one good looking Snapper!

My YBravo again...
View attachment 17683

Let me guess. You discharged grass onto it! :licking:

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Let me guess. You discharged grass onto it! :licking:

Lol close enough! The mower was beside a portion of grass that has grown more than a feet! So, I just took the trimmer to cut it and raked off the clippings resulting in burrying the poor mower.

C

cashman

This is an old survivor. It's a 1968 B33-24 FSP Yazoo Big Wheel mower. I've used it since it was new. It's on the forth engine. Still use it a lot. You can see the deck is about gone but plan on rebuilding it over the winter.

It originally had an Iowa made cast iron 498 Clinton which I think was the best engine ever on it! Then a Wisconsin Robin EY18-3W. Then a Briggs 5hp I/C, and now it has a Kohler CS-6 engine which is a rebadged Yamaha built in Japan. Towards the end of Clinton, Yazoo was one of the biggest OEM users of Clinton engines. Clinton sold out and the factory was moved to Singapore and the quality was never there anymore. Later on Clinton ended up in China.

It was the first mower that I used when I started cutting grass on the side. That was about 1972.

I've had to replace stuff on it over the years and kept some old parts like blades and rollers and blade adapters etc. to keep it running. It has always been the go-to mower when I had to cut the roughest stuff
out there. It will cut grass as best as any mower I've ever used as it has a blade speed way over 19000 FPM! I've cut cliffs with it, had to let go and let it fall to bottoms of ravines with me in tow! Saved me a lot of weedeater time!

Thanks!!!

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Very interesting piece of machinery! It looks really cool and must be fun to use!

I see that it never has an easy day at work making it fall off cliffs!

S

Stevie-Ray

Welp, finally jumped on the tractor bandwagon, and it's about time. Used it today a few hours after delivery. My first rider, but until these past few years, I had nothing to cut but a small lot.

DSC_0244_zps259c9067.jpg

MaxSchau182

MaxSchau182

Woah I had the same back in the day when I lived in Maryland. I had to move to Australia and leave it behind though... Such a waste...

C

cashman

Woah I had the same back in the day when I lived in Maryland. I had to move to Australia and leave it behind though... Such a waste...

Thats interesting that your from Australia. Part of the Kerr family that was the original owners of Yazoo moved to Australia and built a similar big wheel mower there. They were called Red Roo's. I think it was at a place called Itawumba (sp?).

N

Nicholas Schulz

My father was having the same one when we were living in Poras, but recently I changed my location and moved on to Melbourne where I don't have need of that so left it over there. It's now in my memories just like my father.:frown:

richey88

richey88

Here's mine it's a 40" cut murray re- powered with a 17.5 hp Briggs.

Attachments

SilAro2

SilAro2

This is my 1999 DR Brush Mower with Kawasaki 420v engine. I bought this back in Nov. 2013 after a year of searching for this specific model. I used my cousin's for several years, and it is a great mower for cutting down about anything it will push over! My cousin gave me his long before he died, but unfortunately, things didn't work out(it happens). I am reminded of him every time I turn the key. He thought it was the best machine that he ever bought, and he owned some very nice cars, trucks, and boats during his life. He couldn't believe how well it operated...

Attachments

searsboy

searsboy

These are a few of my old ones and best ones I have. I have a 1968 sears custom 10XL, a 1964 sears suburban 600, a 1980 roper GT16, and a 1954 Alice Chalmers B model

Attachments

Mike88se

Mike88se

Lots of cool looking mowers in this thread. Here's my stable for the moment.
feb21_024.jpg
and the small stuff
feb21_022b.jpg

Carheir

Carheir

Wow...great pictures :biggrin:

How do you steer it? I see a knob but no steering wheel.

Carheir

Carheir

New member.

You seem more patient than I am. I wouldn't drop 3 grand on something and then tear into it to fix a problem.

M

mazr

Just picked up the Honda HR215SX. Got it for $125

20140318_173347.jpg 20140318_173356.jpg 20140318_173406.jpg 20140318_173554.jpg 20140318_173559.jpg 20140318_173619.jpg 20140318_173647.jpg

I think I'm going to take it in for service. Seller didn't know the last time it was done. It was his Dad's.

Arnezie

Arnezie

MZT-52 Kawasaki

Attachments

G

GA_Buckeye

Any Idea what this guy is? need some parts and a belt diagram for it and no clue what it is. I put the engine in and i also added a picture of my new toy!!!

Attachments

cprice12

cprice12

Just got this the other day off of Craigslist (from a guy about 8 miles down the road) to replace my Craftsman Garden Tractor...which we'll still keep and use for other things after we get it fixed.
I'm cutting almost 5 acres...so...this was/is a necessary upgrade. :smile:

It's a Bush Hog ZT 25.

bush-hog-zt25.jpg

I have used it the past two days. Wow, is it fast compared the my garden tractor! Love it! It used to take me 4 hours to cut 5 acres. I'm guessing it will take me maybe a little over 2 hours now to cut it all.

It's a pretty nice mower overall...really well built...solid, and it's in great shape for being about 14 years old and only 395 hours on it. Engine is very clean. I couldn't be happier with it...and it was $2k, delivered...which I think is a pretty good deal.

I'm toying with the idea of repainting the deck, foot plate and the facing under the seat...and getting all new stickers in the fall. We'll see how motivated I am about taking it apart to do that when the time comes. :smile:

cprice12

cprice12

Here's mine...

I've heard good things about Hustler. I almost bought that exact one...FastTrack 60"...except I guess mine would have been a 2014 model.

I decided to go used instead. It worked better for our budget as it came in at about a third of the price.
You like it?