Neighbor's Leaves

Hershey

Threads
Yeah, that's exactly again why I'm not upset at the neighbor. There's not a lot a person can do short of cutting the tree. It's just that these oaks are very old and tall.

AndyMan

Threads
I don't think anyone makes an awning that will keep leaves away...

My dad has an awning over his deck. It does a GREAT job of collecting the leaves and keeping them off of his deck. It is angled, so when it rains the rain washes them off of the awning and into long line on the ground where he can easily rake them into the trailer and haul them away.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, that's exactly again why I'm not upset at the neighbor. There's not a lot a person can do short of cutting the tree. It's just that these oaks are very old and tall.

The people across the road from us have a HUGE, HUGE oak tree. It is probably big enough that 3 average size men could barely hold hands around the base of the trunk. I keep all my leaves cleared, but the people who own the tree never do, and the wind blows them all into the yard next door and mine...my neighbors garage gets filled with them, it faces the road. And the fricking leaves get EVERYPLACE, and I am sick of cleaning them up. Two years ago, I almost went across the road to speak to the guy and ask he clear them up, but I never did. Maybe he was in poor health, or had a bad back, or...that winter was a terrible one, I went over to clear his driveway several times, and help him get unstuck twice. The following fall, the leaves were really bad, I went over and asked if I mulch them up and put them on my garden. Poor man answered the door, wearing a ventilator...he said thank you so much, I am undergoing treatment for lung cancer, I can't do much, and bless you fror your offer.

Well, I cleared the leaves, most of them, and their driveway got cleared that winter at 6 am every bad snow, even before ours, so the couple could get to the hospital where he had to undergo chemo. He died of lung cancer at age 57 early this year. This fall, I went over to handle the leaves again, and offered to keep their driveway clear again for his widow.

When I think of all the times I silently cussed him out for not clearing his leaves, I am ashamed of myself. :eek:

Hershey

Threads
That's why you have to be careful about making assumptions. We all tend to do it but there are all kinds of reasons for things being as they are.