Neighbor's Leaves

Hershey

Threads
We've actually gotten rid of two trees and done a lot to rid our backyard of leaves. The problem now are leaves from the neighbor's oak tree that get in the yard. I mean, my yard right now is full of leaves, and all from their tree. Now, there's nothing they can really do about it, but it is frustrating. I wish there was a leaf catcher or something. When the wind blows, I cringe. Here come the leaves and none of them mine. They get in the pool and everything.

AndyMan

Threads
Yet another reason to l-o-o-o-o-v-e neighborhoods. Along with pooping dogs, noisy music and fund-raising kids. :rolleyes: (Exactly why I live in the middle of nowhere, with no one around.)

As you say, it is frustrating, and nothing they can really do about it, unless they want to take it down. On the other hand, I'll bet that same tree gives you some awfully nice shade in the summer. :smile:

minkyung

Threads
There is give and take among neighbors. Sometimes we "lose" sometimes we "win." But in the end both sides win if the relationship is good.

This crossed my mind. I do not know if relevant. An elder Korean I met told me a very good story. During the war (help us pray war won't come back), everyone was poor. His father bit one of his fingers. Then he bit another finger. Then he told his two sons that what could happen to one would be painful to the other because the fingers belong to one hand. But the one who would feel most pain was the hand where the fingers come from.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is give and take among neighbors. Sometimes we "lose" sometimes we "win." But in the end both sides win if the relationship is good.

This crossed my mind. I do not know if relevant. An elder Korean I met told me a very good story. During the war (help us pray war won't come back), everyone was poor. His father bit one of his fingers. Then he bit another finger. Then he told his two sons that what could happen to one would be painful to the other because the fingers belong to one hand. But the one who would feel most pain was the hand where the fingers come from.

Very true...
Hopefully more reasonable & rational minds will prevail in your area regarding war... Good Luck...

life is all about learning to get along with your neighbor, regardless of how near or how far he is from you... :smile:KennyV

Hershey

Threads
I've never said 'boo' to the neighbors about the leaves. It's not in their control and I feel no malice about it at all; it's nature. It's just frustrating. You should see my hard and not one bit of it is from our own trees. As for shade, I wish. When we had an oak tree, it was awesome. We had to cut it and I've always regretted it. The neighbor's tree doesn't help us at all.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
it's nature. It's just frustrating.

Mow and mulch it up and into your grass... Hey just view it as a free fertilizer addition to your soil...

Now the leaves in your pool ... that is not much of a plus ... KennyV

Hershey

Threads
The pool is the more frustrating aspect. We used to cover it but the pool sweep needs to run and it can't do that with a cover on. Plus, the cover just got all yucky.

AndyMan

Threads
The pool is the more frustrating aspect. We used to cover it but the pool sweep needs to run and it can't do that with a cover on. Plus, the cover just got all yucky.

Could you install some sort of awning? That might protect you from the leaves plus give the added benefit of shade. They make retractable awnings for when you want the sun and the leaves aren't a problem, then crank it out when the leaves start to fall.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could you install some sort of awning? That might protect you from the leaves plus give the added benefit of shade. They make retractable awnings for when you want the sun and the leaves aren't a problem, then crank it out when the leaves start to fall.

I don't think anyone makes an awning that will keep leaves away... Perhaps a building... :smile:KennyV
I think seasonal leaves are just going to have to be dealt with ... every season. The joys of life.:wink:

Harriet

Threads
They are YOUR leaves now. (I'm sure you just loved hearing that...) If the tables were turned, and it was your tree dumping leaves on your neighbor's place, how would you handle it?