need troy bilt tiller pulley

rcholtorf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think this is the site I needed, thanks again for your help. Now back to my gardening!

Rog

rick770

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you want to get rid of the 2 belt 3/4" pulley?

rcholtorf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not just yet as I am still in hunt for the pulley I need or get the original Kolher working again. I have put a new coil on the Kohler but still not getting the spark I think it should have. Key on the fly wheel is fine. this is a unit that was on the side of the road headed for the dump missing some motor parts. Has compression but was missing the coil. The fly wheel magnets seem to have plenty of "juice" so I am still in the process of either continuing with the Techumseh and getting the needed pulley or going back and getting the Kohler to fire. I will keep your link and let you know if I give up on the Kohler. Thanks for the reply

Rog

jeff

Threads
How old is the Kohler? If it is pre 1980, it is likely a point ignition. If it is your condensor is the likely culprit.

rcholtorf

Forum Newbie
Threads
How old is the Kohler? If it is pre 1980, it is likely a point ignition. If it is your condensor is the likely culprit.

I have not tracked down the model year but it has a 6 digit number 858417. The ignition is coil direct to the plug. The new coil is good as it gives fire but not good spark. New spark plug. It gave me a nice shock so I know it works. Thanks for the thought.

Rog