Export thread

need troy bilt tiller pulley

R

rcholtorf

Converting from Kohler to Techumseh. I need the troy drive pulley with a 1 in bore. It comes with 3/4 bore. Any ideas where I can get one. Online searches have come up empty

Thanks

K

KennyV

Converting from Kohler to Techumseh. I need the troy drive pulley with a 1 in bore. It comes with 3/4 bore. Any ideas where I can get one. Online searches have come up empty

Thanks

Is the hub large enough to allow boring it out to 1 inch... much simpler and easier ... :smile:KennyV

CajunCub

CajunCub

Can you give the pulley o.d.-width/belt width & set screw or key groove. Maybe I can look around here.

Briana

Briana

Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Troy-Bilt Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

R

rcholtorf

Is the hub large enough to allow boring it out to 1 inch... much simpler and easier ... :smile:KennyV

Cutting the key way would be the issue. Don't have a key way cutter.

R

rcholtorf

Can you give the pulley o.d.-width/belt width & set screw or key groove. Maybe I can look around here.

The troy pulley is a 3/4 bore, double pulley. I need about a 3 in OD for 1/2 in belt. Key way is 5/32 I think. Thanks for your help

K

KennyV

Cutting the key way would be the issue.

Broach...
Just a few min with a small file, Easy cutting, if you are patient and careful , you can cut it perfectly... And you will have the right pulleys for free...
:smile:KennyV

CajunCub

CajunCub

rcholtorf, I found this one very close to what your looking for....(part# 3X316EMW) 3.55" 1-1/8 $60.70at this site:
Browning Double Groove A/B Pulley for Electric Motor
Hope it helps...

R

rcholtorf

rcholtorf, I found this one very close to what your looking for....(part# 3X316EMW) 3.55" 1-1/8 $60.70at this site:
Browning Double Groove A/B Pulley for Electric Motor
Hope it helps...

Thanks for your help! You da man!

CajunCub

CajunCub

No problem....:biggrin:

R

rcholtorf

I think this is the site I needed, thanks again for your help. Now back to my gardening!

Rog

R

rick770

Do you want to get rid of the 2 belt 3/4" pulley?

R

rcholtorf

Not just yet as I am still in hunt for the pulley I need or get the original Kolher working again. I have put a new coil on the Kohler but still not getting the spark I think it should have. Key on the fly wheel is fine. this is a unit that was on the side of the road headed for the dump missing some motor parts. Has compression but was missing the coil. The fly wheel magnets seem to have plenty of "juice" so I am still in the process of either continuing with the Techumseh and getting the needed pulley or going back and getting the Kohler to fire. I will keep your link and let you know if I give up on the Kohler. Thanks for the reply

Rog

J

jeff

How old is the Kohler? If it is pre 1980, it is likely a point ignition. If it is your condensor is the likely culprit.

R

rcholtorf

How old is the Kohler? If it is pre 1980, it is likely a point ignition. If it is your condensor is the likely culprit.

I have not tracked down the model year but it has a 6 digit number 858417. The ignition is coil direct to the plug. The new coil is good as it gives fire but not good spark. New spark plug. It gave me a nice shock so I know it works. Thanks for the thought.

Rog