MZT 52 Gator blades?

740jsmayle

Threads
I searched today and the only blades I could find for my mz-t 61 are the g3 ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I searched today and the only blades I could find for my mz-t 61 are the g3 ?

There's nothing wrong with the G3, you should be able to get the G5 but the G6 isn't available for Mzt there commercial application only. The G5 my dealer would have to order the others he carry's in stock.

serelaw

Threads
Try this

Measure your blade diagonally and then hit the link above. I found some G5s there with 5 point star hole. Good luck

Your part number says 967177002 [This is your mower part number not the blade part number].
If that is right. 21". So if that is diagonal ur good to go. IF 21 1/4 or so u r still good to go.

Last edited:

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
There's nothing wrong with the G3, you should be able to get the G5 but the G6 isn't available for Mzt there commercial application only. The G5 my dealer would have to order the others he carry's in stock.

Rick some of us just come down a level to let people understand on a lawn mowing level that the G blades in my 2 CENTS are well I would rather buy beer then put those blades on again. I do understand how they work and if people want to understand how they work they would ask you. You are very knowledgeable person this business and just on the home owner side of things I would keep it simple and stick with oems. I don't like how those blades clog under my deck I do not have the issue with my oem's and I do have a mower that turns 19,000 tip speed. Y waist your hard earned dollars when I have already done that? I just suggested in simple lamens is that stick with OEM'S. Ok and people read this post and take it for what it is. Just putting it out there that they are my opinion not up to par for the money. Hope this helps some on the leaning table.

serelaw

Threads
Rick some of us just come down a level to let people understand on a lawn mowing level that the G blades in my 2 CENTS are well I would rather buy beer then put those blades on again. I do understand how they work and if people want to understand how they work they would ask you. You are very knowledgeable person this business and just on the home owner side of things I would keep it simple and stick with oems. I don't like how those blades clog under my deck I do not have the issue with my oem's and I do have a mower that turns 19,000 tip speed. Y waist your hard earned dollars when I have already done that? I just suggested in simple lamens is that stick with OEM'S. Ok and people read this post and take it for what it is. Just putting it out there that they are my opinion not up to par for the money. Hope this helps some on the leaning table.

At least you own the equipment we are talking about. I would say your opinion carries more weight than rics.
Sometimes his lack of information on a subject will not detour him from having an opinion. Thanks for your posting.

But just in case:
Hi Serelaw,

On Husqvarna’s website they have five different IPL’s for your mower, however they appear to take the same blade. It looks like the OEM number is 539112079. This matches up to our G5 gator blade 595-085, we do not currently have a G6 blade available. This is an 18” blade (you measure blades on the diagonal), center hole is a 5 pt. star, it is 3” wide and there is no offset.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Steinke
Blount International, Inc.
Technical Customer Service
Toll Free: 800-223-5168
Phone: 503-653-4581
Fax: 503-353-6423

Last edited:

buddy7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone tried the Gator blades on the MZT 52? Thought it might reduce clipping size and wondered if it would improve lift. I notice sometimes mine leaves a little that the front tires run over.

We tried these gator blades on our Kubota 331's commerical mowers at work (dpw) in the mowing Dept, they suck, they don't fit put them on they hit so removed them called dealer and they said to grind them down on the ends. And in deep grass they don't move the grass like stock blades. I told the supper not to buy any more gator blades

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We tried these gator blades on our Kubota 331's commerical mowers at work (dpw) in the mowing Dept, they suck, they don't fit put them on they hit so removed them called dealer and they said to grind them down on the ends. And in deep grass they don't move the grass like stock blades. I told the supper not to buy any more gator blades

Should have done his homework first.
Gator blades do not work good in tall thick grass. They are made to keep the grass under the deck.

If you cut the grass as you should. Before it gets out of Hand they work very good