MZT 52 Gator blades?

tom-ky

Threads
Anyone tried the Gator blades on the MZT 52? Thought it might reduce clipping size and wondered if it would improve lift. I notice sometimes mine leaves a little that the front tires run over.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone tried the Gator blades on the MZT 52? Thought it might reduce clipping size and wondered if it would improve lift. I notice sometimes mine leaves a little that the front tires run over.

You can probably get the G3 Gator blades for the MZT and they may make a difference in the clipping size. I've seen some entry level commercial machines they work fine on and others that not worth spending the money on the cuts look like crap. How well they will work depends a lot on the mower and deck.

tom-ky

Threads
You can probably get the G3 Gator blades for the MZT and they may make a difference in the clipping size. I've seen some entry level commercial machines they work fine on and others that not worth spending the money on the cuts look like crap. How well they will work depends a lot on the mower and deck.

The Husqvarna list a Gator blade with the mulch kit, wonder if it is the G3? What is the difference in the different Gator blades?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Husqvarna list a Gator blade with the mulch kit, wonder if it is the G3? What is the difference in the different Gator blades?

The big differences between G3 and G6 is one, the G3 you can buy for most all mower applications and the G6 blades are designed for commercial applications. The G6 blades have greater width and are thicker which is supposed to reduce sharpening and extend the blade life. The G6 blades also have an extended cutting edge of like 9 inches each end of the blade instead of the normal 3 or 4 inches. The tips on the G6 are re-enforced to keep them from rounding off so quick.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I put the G6 blades on my snapper the cut is so much better. Even with mowing in transport gear. And I like how they whistle.

serelaw

Threads
The big differences between G3 and G6 is one, the G3 you can buy for most all mower applications and the G6 blades are designed for commercial applications. The G6 blades have greater width and are thicker which is supposed to reduce sharpening and extend the blade life. The G6 blades also have an extended cutting edge of like 9 inches each end of the blade instead of the normal 3 or 4 inches. The tips on the G6 are re-enforced to keep them from rounding off so quick.

Great info Ric, looking for some now.. Thanks

740jsmayle

Threads
Did you get the Gator blades and if so how do they work ?

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not.

Hi, I have just put the gator blades on 2 wks ago and I have 2 cuts on them. Are they worth it? Well I am very picky how the mower actually cuts and to be honest with you. If just keep your blades sharp you'll save yourself some money. Just my 2 cents is that just buy another set of regular blades and swap them out every 8 hrs or so for the sharp ones. I thought I would get a lil longer grass threw and lift out of them and I have not seen that. They just as good as OE blades when sharp. Hope this helps

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi, I have just put the gator blades on 2 wks ago and I have 2 cuts on them. Are they worth it? Well I am very picky how the mower actually cuts and to be honest with you. If just keep your blades sharp you'll save yourself some money. Just my 2 cents is that just buy another set of regular blades and swap them out every 8 hrs or so for the sharp ones. I thought I would get a lil longer grass threw and lift out of them and I have not seen that. They just as good as OE blades when sharp. Hope this helps

The problem with people and Gator blades is they don't realize or know how they work and then they say like you Just my 2 cents is that just buy another set of regular blades and swap them out every 8 hrs or so because they don't believe there worth the money.

Your not going to get any more lift or your grass discharged or thrown any further with Gator blades, that's not how they work or there purpose. The lift on a set of Gator Blades works differently than a regular or mulching blade. [SIZE=-1] The teeth on a gator blade are angle toward the center of the blade to redirect the airflow and push the grass clippings back over the cutting edge of the mower blade again and again creating smaller grass clippings before discharge[/SIZE] and the smaller the clippings the less discharge you see. Your regular and mulching blades angle out from the blades so they create larger clipping that you can see and will naturally be thrown or discharged further.

The purpose of a Gator blade is to create smaller clippings to filter down into the grass you've mowed because smaller clippings break down faster and feed and water your lawn where your larger clippings just lay on top and dry out and serve no purpose.

The other thing people need to realize is that the faster or higher the blades tip speed on the mower the efficient the Gator Blades work, they work best on mower with a BTS of 17000 and higher. If you have a residential mower I would suggest using the G3 Gator Blades.